InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Could be discontinued I guess. It says SP 200 on the enclosed pamphlet. It's got a MW ELG-240-36A driver, but the potentiometer on those is on the bottom, which is mounted to the frame so you can't get to it without unmounting the driver. I'll post pics tomorrow and put the Killowatt meter on it to see what it's pulling.

I'm just happy to see the tiger avatar back Kis!
Sweet!

I think I was only searching the US warehouse. Meh.... non-issue now. Just ordered 3 of the SP 250's this morning.

I was kinda liking the idea of a 200... hmmm, maybe 3 of those would be cheaper... then I realized how long I've been planning on buying the 250's & decided to just pull the trigger. Done deal!
:thumb:

Sun gon' be shinin' like a mofo, real soon.

Done deal P! And much thanks to you and newty for walking me though the light hangers last night :thanks: .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday update will be in two parts. This one will be a brief summary of the MegaCrop issue, after which we can move on as there is no solid answer!

First of all, because it was sitting out in a bowl while I sorted out the grinding process, it absorbed a bit of moisture compared to the 10 seconds the bag is open when I use it. Now it looks like this:

I tested the batteries and weighed objects with both old and new sets, and there was no difference. That eliminates the batteries as a variable. The scale seems to vary by 0.2g from time to time, so that should be factored in, however slight it is.

I won't bore you with pictures of measuring spoons and scale readings, but suffice it to say that either I was way off in my original estimation of ½ tsp = 4 grams, or the balls were somehow denser intact than they are ground up.

If someone with a bag of MC with intact balls can see what 4g is in teaspoon parts and report back, that would be great. In the meantime, the Candidas look no worse for wear with whatever I fed them last time (5.1g/gallon in its current state).

I will be dumping the bag into a bowl and putting it into a box with my mini-dehuey to suck the moisture out.

This concludes the confusing and physics-defying MegaCrop portion of the update.

Another sunny day today, so everyone is outside. Based on the weather report, it looks like sunny days and warmer nights for a while now. Hope it sticks!

I watered the Peyote Critical and neemed the clones.

Next up, the MarsHydro SP-200!

Let me begin by thanking MarsHydro and @SmokeSara for sponsoring both this websites and the contests! If anyone is looking for LED lighting (or tents and accessories) you need to check them out. They don't only sell blurple LEDs anymore, as the new product lines are mostly white LED chips with some reds and blue added to round out the spectrum.

The grand prize for MOTY was a MarsHydro SP-200, which I received by FedEx ground yesterday. It is the perfect size for my 2x4 tent, which previously had the MarsHydro 300 in it, and that didn't cover the long and narrow shape of the tent. Now it's bright from end to end:

Let's open the box and see what's inside. The light, two wire hangers, and two ratchet thingys with carabiners:

The whole thing is powered by a MeanWell ELG-240-36A, which as I mentioned yesterday, is dimmable. But since the potentiometers are on the bottom, you can't get to them without unmounting the driver:

At the wall, it's pulling 238 watts, so 20% more than the name of the light or the listed specs at 120V. The driver is basically running full-tilt.

How about a look at it all lit up?

And a couple of tent shots (note the position of the fans):

I pulled out the lux meter to see what I was hitting them with at 22", as I didn't want to blast them with more than they get in the shed. This is in the middle:

This is at the edge:

Those numbers would be a bit higher with the tent zipped up, but that range works for me. If the nights get cold again and I have to smoosh the big three in there, they'll be getting higher lux because they're taller, so that saves me having to raise and lower it depending on who is living in there.

The light does get warm, though I believe most of that is the driver, which is at the top end for leave-your-hand-on-it heat. Temp at the soil was 75º this morning (with the fans blowing downward as seen in the pic above), but it is possible to unmount the driver and put it outside the tent. That would help as the ambient temps climb toward summer.

So that's the SP-200 from MarsHydro. I don't see it on their website, so the SP-250 would be the one to get (like Preston!) if you're looking for a light in this wattage range. I'm sure it will only make my Candidas even bushier o_O.

:thanks: again to MarsHydro and SmokeSara for your continued support here!

Enjoy your Wednesdays all. :surf:

Let me begin by thanking MarsHydro and @SmokeSara for sponsoring both this websites and the contests! If anyone is looking for LED lighting (or tents and accessories) you need to check them out. They don't only sell blurple LEDs anymore, as the new product lines are mostly white LED chips with some reds and blue added to round out the spectrum.

The grand prize for MOTY was a MarsHydro SP-200, which I received by FedEx ground yesterday. It is the perfect size for my 2x4 tent, which previously had the MarsHydro 300 in it, and that didn't cover the long and narrow shape of the tent. Now it's bright from end to end:

Let's open the box and see what's inside. The light, two wire hangers, and two ratchet thingys with carabiners:

The whole thing is powered by a MeanWell ELG-240-36A, which as I mentioned yesterday, is dimmable. But since the potentiometers are on the bottom, you can't get to them without unmounting the driver:

At the wall, it's pulling 238 watts, so 20% more than the name of the light or the listed specs at 120V. The driver is basically running full-tilt.

How about a look at it all lit up?

And a couple of tent shots (note the position of the fans):

I pulled out the lux meter to see what I was hitting them with at 22", as I didn't want to blast them with more than they get in the shed. This is in the middle:

This is at the edge:

Those numbers would be a bit higher with the tent zipped up, but that range works for me. If the nights get cold again and I have to smoosh the big three in there, they'll be getting higher lux because they're taller, so that saves me having to raise and lower it depending on who is living in there.

The light does get warm, though I believe most of that is the driver, which is at the top end for leave-your-hand-on-it heat. Temp at the soil was 75º this morning (with the fans blowing downward as seen in the pic above), but it is possible to unmount the driver and put it outside the tent. That would help as the ambient temps climb toward summer.

So that's the SP-200 from MarsHydro. I don't see it on their website, so the SP-250 would be the one to get (like Preston!) if you're looking for a light in this wattage range. I'm sure it will only make my Candidas even bushier o_O.

:thanks: again to MarsHydro and SmokeSara for your continued support here!

Enjoy your Wednesdays all. :surf:
The new light looks fantastic Shed! I’m sure you will be very happy with it! Do you find your lux meter works well under that led spectrum!? I’ve been interested in getting one to measure the outputs around my tent more accurately

It has been on too many occasions, including this past weekend! With nights in the 50s I'm okay leaving them in the shed with the lights off.

This was nearly a month ago:

Wow yeah it’s a tight fit indeed, but I’m sure you could squeeze another one in there

Back
Top Bottom