InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Feel free to scroll back a few pages to the last few updates and you'll be right up to speed!

--------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday update and the sun is out (and so are the plants)! Could spring be on its way? Let's hope so.

Let's get to a few pictures. Three plants, three bud pics on flip day 39...

Peyote Critical, day 155...really frosty!:

AK-47...frosty:

Sour G...less frosty:

They all look pretty happy and the lows in the shed last night were only down to 59º, so I'm happy too :thumb:.

I didn't have time to deal with the scale this morning, but let's hold of on the discussion until I can test it with new batteries. It was acting a bit funky when I did the original weighing (like not holding the correct tare weight and turning off quickly), so I promise to do that test before tomorrow's update and report back. Given the fact that the science would indicate the opposite of what the scale showed I want to run the test again with fresh batteries.

I need a new battery for the clock in my office as well. For some reason it runs backwards when the battery gets weak!

Stay sunny my friends :thumb:.
Coming along nicely shed wow sticky fruits brotha ✊

Let me begin by thanking MarsHydro and @SmokeSara for sponsoring both this websites and the contests! If anyone is looking for LED lighting (or tents and accessories) you need to check them out. They don't only sell blurple LEDs anymore, as the new product lines are mostly white LED chips with some reds and blue added to round out the spectrum.

The grand prize for MOTY was a MarsHydro SP-200, which I received by FedEx ground yesterday. It is the perfect size for my 2x4 tent, which previously had the MarsHydro 300 in it, and that didn't cover the long and narrow shape of the tent. Now it's bright from end to end:

Let's open the box and see what's inside. The light, two wire hangers, and two ratchet thingys with carabiners:

The whole thing is powered by a MeanWell ELG-240-36A, which as I mentioned yesterday, is dimmable. But since the potentiometers are on the bottom, you can't get to them without unmounting the driver:

At the wall, it's pulling 238 watts, so 20% more than the name of the light or the listed specs at 120V. The driver is basically running full-tilt.

How about a look at it all lit up?

And a couple of tent shots (note the position of the fans):

I pulled out the lux meter to see what I was hitting them with at 22", as I didn't want to blast them with more than they get in the shed. This is in the middle:

This is at the edge:

Those numbers would be a bit higher with the tent zipped up, but that range works for me. If the nights get cold again and I have to smoosh the big three in there, they'll be getting higher lux because they're taller, so that saves me having to raise and lower it depending on who is living in there.

The light does get warm, though I believe most of that is the driver, which is at the top end for leave-your-hand-on-it heat. Temp at the soil was 75º this morning (with the fans blowing downward as seen in the pic above), but it is possible to unmount the driver and put it outside the tent. That would help as the ambient temps climb toward summer.

So that's the SP-200 from MarsHydro. I don't see it on their website, so the SP-250 would be the one to get (like Preston!) if you're looking for a light in this wattage range. I'm sure it will only make my Candidas even bushier o_O.

:thanks: again to MarsHydro and SmokeSara for your continued support here!

Enjoy your Wednesdays all. :surf:
Damn wonder what it hits at around 10-12 inches

Let me begin by thanking MarsHydro and @SmokeSara for sponsoring both this websites and the contests! If anyone is looking for LED lighting (or tents and accessories) you need to check them out. They don't only sell blurple LEDs anymore, as the new product lines are mostly white LED chips with some reds and blue added to round out the spectrum.

The grand prize for MOTY was a MarsHydro SP-200, which I received by FedEx ground yesterday. It is the perfect size for my 2x4 tent, which previously had the MarsHydro 300 in it, and that didn't cover the long and narrow shape of the tent. Now it's bright from end to end:

Let's open the box and see what's inside. The light, two wire hangers, and two ratchet thingys with carabiners:

The whole thing is powered by a MeanWell ELG-240-36A, which as I mentioned yesterday, is dimmable. But since the potentiometers are on the bottom, you can't get to them without unmounting the driver:

At the wall, it's pulling 238 watts, so 20% more than the name of the light or the listed specs at 120V. The driver is basically running full-tilt.

How about a look at it all lit up?

And a couple of tent shots (note the position of the fans):

I pulled out the lux meter to see what I was hitting them with at 22", as I didn't want to blast them with more than they get in the shed. This is in the middle:

This is at the edge:

Those numbers would be a bit higher with the tent zipped up, but that range works for me. If the nights get cold again and I have to smoosh the big three in there, they'll be getting higher lux because they're taller, so that saves me having to raise and lower it depending on who is living in there.

The light does get warm, though I believe most of that is the driver, which is at the top end for leave-your-hand-on-it heat. Temp at the soil was 75º this morning (with the fans blowing downward as seen in the pic above), but it is possible to unmount the driver and put it outside the tent. That would help as the ambient temps climb toward summer.

So that's the SP-200 from MarsHydro. I don't see it on their website, so the SP-250 would be the one to get (like Preston!) if you're looking for a light in this wattage range. I'm sure it will only make my Candidas even bushier o_O.

:thanks: again to MarsHydro and SmokeSara for your continued support here!

Enjoy your Wednesdays all. :surf:
Nice light, and nice write up on it. Well done Shed!

nice Update mister! That Mars light looks way more exciting than the blurples!
Is Wednesday an official update Day here on your thread? I like to try and do Sunday updates but I get lazy at times.

nice Update mister! That Mars light looks way more exciting than the blurples!
Is Wednesday an official update Day here on your thread? I like to try and do Sunday updates but I get lazy at times.
No official update day AW, just whenever I have something to report. But since things move quickly here sometimes you might never know that I did do an update unless I post a link later on in the day :).

Sure buddy no rush
Doesn't take but a minute Joe...if I remember :).
Your setup looks so nice and clean! I have my drivers mounted outside of my tent, and I feel that it makes a big difference. They get really hot.
It's clean because it's really just a storage facility! Nothing happens in that tent except plants sit in the light or the dark until they get moved for the day to their next location. All watering and maintenance is done outside. Keeps it nice and neat :).

I was surprised at the heat, especially since the driver I have running at 300 watts in the shed is just warm. I'm sure it's related to the fact it's maxed out.
Your new Mars should up your grow game noticeably
Thanks Penny! Gotta be a heck of a lot more lux than the 300 :thumb:.

Back
Top Bottom