InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Let me begin by thanking MarsHydro and @SmokeSara for sponsoring both this websites and the contests! If anyone is looking for LED lighting (or tents and accessories) you need to check them out. They don't only sell blurple LEDs anymore, as the new product lines are mostly white LED chips with some reds and blue added to round out the spectrum.

The grand prize for MOTY was a MarsHydro SP-200, which I received by FedEx ground yesterday. It is the perfect size for my 2x4 tent, which previously had the MarsHydro 300 in it, and that didn't cover the long and narrow shape of the tent. Now it's bright from end to end:

Let's open the box and see what's inside. The light, two wire hangers, and two ratchet thingys with carabiners:

The whole thing is powered by a MeanWell ELG-240-36A, which as I mentioned yesterday, is dimmable. But since the potentiometers are on the bottom, you can't get to them without unmounting the driver:

At the wall, it's pulling 238 watts, so 20% more than the name of the light or the listed specs at 120V. The driver is basically running full-tilt.

How about a look at it all lit up?

And a couple of tent shots (note the position of the fans):

I pulled out the lux meter to see what I was hitting them with at 22", as I didn't want to blast them with more than they get in the shed. This is in the middle:

This is at the edge:

Those numbers would be a bit higher with the tent zipped up, but that range works for me. If the nights get cold again and I have to smoosh the big three in there, they'll be getting higher lux because they're taller, so that saves me having to raise and lower it depending on who is living in there.

The light does get warm, though I believe most of that is the driver, which is at the top end for leave-your-hand-on-it heat. Temp at the soil was 75º this morning (with the fans blowing downward as seen in the pic above), but it is possible to unmount the driver and put it outside the tent. That would help as the ambient temps climb toward summer.

So that's the SP-200 from MarsHydro. I don't see it on their website, so the SP-250 would be the one to get (like Preston!) if you're looking for a light in this wattage range. I'm sure it will only make my Candidas even bushier o_O.

:thanks: again to MarsHydro and SmokeSara for your continued support here!

Enjoy your Wednesdays all. :surf:

Looking absolutely beautiful Shed!

I hope you don't mind me asking here Shed, but does anyone have any knowledge on the hlg qb 135 3000k light? Another member, @Slingbladesax has one coming tomorrow and I thought I could find him some help on light heights etc. I have no knowledge re Quantums.
:thanks:

I hope you don't mind me asking here Shed, but does anyone have any knowledge on the hlg qb 135 3000k light? Another member, @Slingbladesax has one coming tomorrow and I thought I could find him some help on light heights etc. I have no knowledge re Quantums.
Think that board could do good for a 2x2 space I’d think ?

No official update day AW, just whenever I have something to report. But since things move quickly here sometimes you might never know that I did do an update unless I post a link later on in the day :).
Gotcha!
Your new Mars should up your grow game noticeably
Hey Penny :passitleft: Good to see your posts popping up again :yahoo:

Yeah hey that Mars light is pretty nice looking really! My first grow was the Mars II 400w with a couple Super Lemon Haze underneath her! Ahhhh

Just doing a drive by.. Girls look nice and bushy........

Think that board could do good for a 2x2 space I’d think ?

Beautiful! Perfect! That's 35 watts per square foot - golden. :thumb:

You can get away with 25 w/sqft, so you could light 5-6 sqft of canopy. And it'll penetrate better to the bottom buds.

He should give that panel 2 feet of headroom if he has it. He'll get light stress if he runs it much closer.

:Namaste:

Feel free to scroll back a few pages to the last few updates and you'll be right up to speed!

--------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday update and the sun is out (and so are the plants)! Could spring be on its way? Let's hope so.

Let's get to a few pictures. Three plants, three bud pics on flip day 39...

Peyote Critical, day 155...really frosty!:

AK-47...frosty:

Sour G...less frosty:

They all look pretty happy and the lows in the shed last night were only down to 59º, so I'm happy too :thumb:.

I didn't have time to deal with the scale this morning, but let's hold of on the discussion until I can test it with new batteries. It was acting a bit funky when I did the original weighing (like not holding the correct tare weight and turning off quickly), so I promise to do that test before tomorrow's update and report back. Given the fact that the science would indicate the opposite of what the scale showed I want to run the test again with fresh batteries.

I need a new battery for the clock in my office as well. For some reason it runs backwards when the battery gets weak!

Stay sunny my friends :thumb:.
SHe looks so good in the sunshine.

Let me begin by thanking MarsHydro and @SmokeSara for sponsoring both this websites and the contests! If anyone is looking for LED lighting (or tents and accessories) you need to check them out. They don't only sell blurple LEDs anymore, as the new product lines are mostly white LED chips with some reds and blue added to round out the spectrum.

The grand prize for MOTY was a MarsHydro SP-200, which I received by FedEx ground yesterday. It is the perfect size for my 2x4 tent, which previously had the MarsHydro 300 in it, and that didn't cover the long and narrow shape of the tent. Now it's bright from end to end:

Let's open the box and see what's inside. The light, two wire hangers, and two ratchet thingys with carabiners:

The whole thing is powered by a MeanWell ELG-240-36A, which as I mentioned yesterday, is dimmable. But since the potentiometers are on the bottom, you can't get to them without unmounting the driver:

At the wall, it's pulling 238 watts, so 20% more than the name of the light or the listed specs at 120V. The driver is basically running full-tilt.

I pulled out the lux meter to see what I was hitting them with at 22", as I didn't want to blast them with more than they get in the shed. This is in the middle:

This is at the edge:

Those numbers would be a bit higher with the tent zipped up, but that range works for me. If the nights get cold again and I have to smoosh the big three in there, they'll be getting higher lux because they're taller, so that saves me having to raise and lower it depending on who is living in there.

The light does get warm, though I believe most of that is the driver, which is at the top end for leave-your-hand-on-it heat. Temp at the soil was 75º this morning (with the fans blowing downward as seen in the pic above), but it is possible to unmount the driver and put it outside the tent. That would help as the ambient temps climb toward summer.

So that's the SP-200 from MarsHydro. I don't see it on their website, so the SP-250 would be the one to get (like Preston!) if you're looking for a light in this wattage range. I'm sure it will only make my Candidas even bushier o_O.

Great update , hope the plants love it! You can add another wire to put the driver outside, that will help with the heat. :D

Back up!!!!

Lol

That's the single 288 bds

24" away in veg, maybe 16" ish in flower

Got my 132bds and 135 kit mixed up

Lol

This is at the edge:

Loving the new light! Bask in the glow Shed. Well deserved friend.

Sorry gang, rare busy day at work. Just checking in...
Just doing a drive by.. Girls look nice and bushy........
Thanks for stopping by Norcali!
I had been running my qb at about 2-3' in veg. Dropped it to 18" now for flowering. Mine is the 3500k but the younger plants seem to like a higher Calvin light. The qb seemed hard on seedlings and I had better results with the 6500k cfl 23w.
I see a lot of folks burning their babies when a CFL will do just fine :(
SHe looks so good in the sunshine.
Thanks otter! Here's another from this morning:

Great update , hope the plants love it! You can add another wire to put the driver outside, that will help with the heat. :D
Thank you Sara. I did see that in the instruction video so I'll see how the temps go as the weather changes.
--------------------------
And for @Kingjoe83, this is 12" off the light. Could probably get a bit higher without having to hold everything at the same time though :). 50,500 lux.

Back later! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom