InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

rare busy day at work. Just checking in...
:ciao:
The qb seemed hard on seedlings and I had better results with the 6500k cfl 23w.
see a lot of folks burning their babies when a CFL will do just fine :(
Yes - i found it challenging to get my array at a height/intensity that suited the seedlings/sprouts. I am thinking ‘lol invest in some CFLs myself.

If I’m wanting to only germinate 2-3 at once, will I be ok with 2 of the double headed fixtures? And if its for germ and seedling stage, the 6500k is the go, is that right?

Back later! :cool:
:ciao:

Sorry gang, rare busy day at work. Just checking in...

Thanks for stopping by Norcali!

I see a lot of folks burning their babies when a CFL will do just fine :(

Thanks otter! Here's another from this morning:

Thank you Sara. I did see that in the instruction video so I'll see how the temps go as the weather changes.
--------------------------
And for @Kingjoe83, this is 12" off the light. Could probably get a bit higher without having to hold everything at the same time though :). 50,500 lux.

Back later! :cool:
How much is that light going for shed ?

Nice light you have there! May she grow you much joy :)
Thanks Professor, the sun is shining now too!
If I’m wanting to only germinate 2-3 at once, will I be ok with 2 of the double headed fixtures? And if its for germ and seedling stage, the 6500k is the go, is that right?
6500K is good, and I have my entire desk forest plus the AK-47 clone on the floor all under one :). Two would be fine.
How much is that light going for shed ?
They don't seem to sell the SP-200, but the SP-250 is the same light. It's available here:

Check with Sara to see if there are any 420 discounts. Preston just bought 3 so I'd PM and see how he did price-wise.

Ledgardner on youtube does a pretty good review and tutorial on how to wire them up.
Thanks Kismet!
Think that board could do good for a 2x2 space I’d think ?
If I recall it is a small tent. Not sure the exact size off hand. Thanks!
Beautiful! Perfect! That's 35 watts per square foot - golden. :thumb:

You can get away with 25 w/sqft, so you could light 5-6 sqft of canopy. And it'll penetrate better to the bottom buds.

He should give that panel 2 feet of headroom if he has it. He'll get light stress if he runs it much closer.

:Namaste:
I believe he is also using, or going to, cfl supplemental lights on the sides. Thanks GT!

Back up!!!!

Lol

That's the single 288 bds

24" away in veg, maybe 16" ish in flower

Got my 132bds and 135 kit mixed up

Lol
lol, I think I'll tag him in his thread and point him over here where it began. Lots of good info for him to work with.
Thanks Chris.

The 132's can get much closer. I would start at 24" but ove they start to stretch some I've seen them as close as 6-8". My 120's I can literally have the plants touching them and work best at 75-80% power at 10-12" from top of canopy.
Excellent Derby! Thank you!

Thanks again everyone for the input. I'll make sure it all gets looked at!
:Rasta:

:thanks: Under just one bulb? Or one double headed ‘thingy’? Is there a pic anywhere in here I might’ve missed :)
They're all just sitting under a desk lamp with a CFL in it! Basic as can be :)
61B8ed2X4-L._SX466_.jpg

That PC is a nice piece of work Shed. Looks like another contender this year!
Aww thanks MrS! That's very nice of you to say :thumb:.

How does one jump in and catch up to 572 pages? Pictures save lives!
Howdy Robb and :welcome: to my little slice of the site! Pictures will catch you up right quick :). Or you can just search for the word "update" and click on some recent ones.

In a nutshell, I'm an outdoor grower in ProMix HP/soil who supplements the sun with lights at night. Or if it's raining/cold/grey, then lights all the time! Plants are moved twice a day, and where they go will depend on whether they're in flower or in veg. Flowering plants get flipped by moving into a dark space for 12 hours over night.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers who say now that I have a tent I'm not an outdoor grower, they know not of what they speak!

Any and all questions are welcome. It's a lively bunch here :thumb:.

That PC is a nice piece of work Shed. Looks like another contender this year!
Yeah! She looks good in the sun too
Howdy Robb and :welcome: to my little slice of the site! Pictures will catch you up right quick :). Or you can just search for the word "update" and click on some recent ones.

In a nutshell, I'm an outdoor grower in ProMix HP/soil who supplements the sun with lights at night. Or if it's raining/cold/grey, then lights all the time! Plants are moved twice a day, and where they go will depend on whether they're in flower or in veg. Flowering plants get flipped by moving into a dark space for 12 hours over night.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers who say now that I have a tent I'm not an outdoor grower, they know not of what they speak!

Any and all questions are welcome. It's a lively bunch here :thumb:.
He gets a lot of exercise growing this way. He competes in an amateur arm wrestling league and this training regimen has been spied on by the Russians and North Koreans. :laugh:

That's too bad. Was outside today at work but we got chilly winds but very sunny and tempting weather, 5C maybe.

Had an boganvilla also, but it died. I think it was half dead already when we got it. Going back out to the summerhouse this spring to start pulling my belongings from there. Today I got the 5000$ I will bribe her off with. So next week I'm the sole owner of an apartment / growop. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom