InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Awesome finish Shed!
Thanks Dutch!
That was a killer grow Shed, good job on the Candidas
CBD oil here I come! Thanks PW!
Nice job! The growing and the showing!
Frees up some space too...
Thank you Amy, it frees the tent for other plants, until my daughter gets home in June.
Sweet shrubs Shed. That clothesline is twice nice today.
And I'm glad that's over with for now. My neck is sore from looking down all weekend! Thanks otter :).

-----------------------------------------------

Monday update #2 (if you missed the Candida harvest from yesterday, it's here). I forgot to mention that the Candidas were grown entirely with MegaCrop nutrients in tap water with no pH adjusting. The one time I checked I think it was around 7.4. I did add some Armor Si in early flower and then thought they might be getting a bit too much K.

With the Candidas out of the tent, it becomes usable for about a month to free up space in the shed. Might as well put that MarsHydro SP-250 back to work!

So I transplanted the Lemon Potion auto into it's final 7 gallon home:

And watered it in a 6" circle with 4g/gallon water.

Then I lowered the light to get to around 35,000 lux across the tops and put these in the tent:

Now I have room to up-can the AK-47 Vulx testers into 5 gallon pots.

And getting back to the MegaCrop moisture absorption test, here is what it looked like after being in an outdoor covered plastic shed for 24 hours:

Not sure you can tell from the picture but I'm holding it at close to a 90º angle. I had to scrape it off the tin foil with a spoon, and it smelled like actual shit.

I don't know how much was left behind on the foil, but this is what I recovered:

Even if there is about another gram left, that would still make it 37.3 grams, or roughly 3g in moisture content. That's about an 8% increase in weight. So at its slimiest, a 5 gram measurement would go to 5.4 grams and a 6 gram measurement would go to 6.5 grams.

Something to consider if you get moisture in your bag. :thumb:

Thanks Dutch!

CBD oil here I come! Thanks PW!

Thank you Amy, it frees the tent for other plants, until my daughter gets home in June.

And I'm glad that's over with for now. My neck is sore from looking down all weekend! Thanks otter :).

-----------------------------------------------

Monday update #2 (if you missed the Candida harvest from yesterday, it's here). I forgot to mention that the Candidas were grown entirely with MegaCrop nutrients in tap water with no pH adjusting. The one time I checked I think it was around 7.4. I did add some Armor Si in early flower and then thought they might be getting a bit too much K.

With the Candidas out of the tent, it becomes usable for about a month to free up space in the shed. Might as well put that MarsHydro SP-250 back to work!

And watered it in a 6" circle with 4g/gallon water.

Then I lowered the light to get to around 35,000 lux across the tops and put these in the tent:

Now I have room to up-can the AK-47 Vulx testers into 5 gallon pots.

And getting back to the MegaCrop moisture absorption test, here is what it looked like after being in an outdoor covered plastic shed for 24 hours:

Not sure you can tell from the picture but I'm holding it at close to a 90º angle. I had to scrape it off the tin foil with a spoon, and it smelled like actual shit.

I don't know how much was left behind on the foil, but this is what I recovered:

Even if there is about another gram left, that would still make it 37.3 grams, or roughly 3g in moisture content. That's about an 8% increase in weight. So at its slimiest, a 5 gram measurement would go to 5.4 grams and a 6 gram measurement would go to 6.5 grams.

Sweet info Shed! Could come in handy in the future!

Good call! Mother's Day is probably the 2nd busiest day of the year for restaurants. Today we're loading up the car with kids and food to visit both my mother and my mother in-law (about 1.5 hr drive). I'd much rather cook for them at home, than to fight the restaurant crowds.
Yeah totally, plus I’m a decent home cook if I do say so myself :slide:
Nice looking harvest shed, congrats.✌
What ECG said :yahoo:
Blasphemer!
Haha I kid. Remind me though, do you normally upcan your autos?

Well, they get washed and rinsed to clean them off, as they have dust, bugs, hair, and whatever I've sprayed them with.

The soak is to keep the branches from drying out before I have a chance to pull the fans off. Once they start to dry it's much harder to wet trim them. I started doing this last harvest when I had to take a break in the middle of the harvest to go to my son's soccer game.

Even without a break it can easily take 3 or 4 hours to de-fan them, and this make the process much easier.

Bahaha cooties, I just got done reading a thread on it. I understand now of why. I knew it was to get the unwanted particles on the buds but there is a more in-depth explanation behind it. I haven’t sprayed any foliage yet besides my clones and will never you any pesticides. I don’t know how I will manage if I get 200+ lbs but it’s definitely something I want to do now.

I’m am going to try to dry for a week in a 20 diameter x 40’ tall gain bin with dehumidifier and humidifier accessible. The grain bin has vents in the floor and I can hook a fan with filter from the outside to circulate are if needed and there will be a few fans inside to move air around. I will have ladders inside to be about to fill the entire space from top to bottom. Then I will cure in 6” tall totes for as long as I wish until vacuum seal and stored.

I’m probably doing a dry trim.

Wash one plant and see what comes off.
Then, while looking at all the stuff that came off the first branch you dunk, announce that you’ll never smoke a plant that hasn’t been washed.

Just think if Willie Nelson had washed all his buds. He’d probably look like Ryan Seacrest :bong:

"...and it smelled like actual shit." LMAO

Thanks for being the Guinea Pig.

PS - Nice harvest. Your work has just begun. Now to turn it all into oil.

Back
Top Bottom