InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Congrats on the harvests buddy.

You got a nice stash of weed there!

I like to trim my fan leaves off after I chop the whole plant. I hang the plant upside down in my kitchen doorway from a hook so I can access all sides.

Cut all the fans off (then bud wash if I choose to).

That job can get tedious. One of my least favorite jobs but someone gotta do it. Every once in a while I "slip" and cut a nice flower or 3 off. Tasters yummm

I’m am going to try to dry for a week in a 20 diameter x 40’ tall gain bin with dehumidifier and humidifier accessible. The grain bin has vents in the floor and I can hook a fan with filter from the outside to circulate are if needed and there will be a few fans inside to move air around. I will have ladders inside to be about to fill the entire space from top to bottom. Then I will cure in 6” tall totes for as long as I wish until vacuum seal and stored.
I’m probably doing a dry trim.
On 200 pounds of weed? Yeah you are! By the way, 20x40 cylinder is 12,566 cf, so I hope the huey/dehuey you have on hand are industrial scale, and it would not surprise me if they were :).
Just think if Willie Nelson had washed all his buds. He’d probably look like Ryan Seacrest :bong:
:laugh:
"...and it smelled like actual shit." LMAO
Thanks for being the Guinea Pig.
PS - Nice harvest. Your work has just begun. Now to turn it all into oil.
Thanks farside! Anything for science. ;)
Congrats on the harvests buddy.
You got a nice stash of weed there!
I like to trim my fan leaves off after I chop the whole plant. I hang the plant upside down in my kitchen doorway from a hook so I can access all sides.
Cut all the fans off (then bud wash if I choose to).
That job can get tedious. One of my least favorite jobs but someone gotta do it. Every once in a while I "slip" and cut a nice flower or 3 off. Tasters yummm
Thank you Bo! These plants were way too big to take down and hang whole. They were really unwieldy rightside up too. :)
Beautiful work shed! Looks delicious.
Thanks 36G!
------------------------------------------------

Nothing big today. I raised the Mars Hydro SP-250 in the tent because the tops of the AK-47 were a bit hot and it was 85º at the soil level of the Lemon Potion auto. The Berry Bomb and the big AK-47 each got a gallon of 5.5g MegaCrop, and some of the smaller ones got 4.5g/gallon.

The Candida buds are drying, though the RH here has been kinda high so I'm going to have to break out the mini-dehuey to get them down to 62%. The ones in the boxes will go first as I'm doing a standard hang-dry on the tops.

I want to get them tested so I'll be able to accurately dose my oil, but I haven't decided whether to test the buds or the finished oil. I'm thinking that I should make the oil with a 50/50 mix of each plant and have that tested, because using the spreadsheet has two unknowns in it (the % of CBD/THC in the plant and the efficiency rating), and testing the oil will eliminate those. And since the oil is the finished product, it would make more sense to test that. Then I can duplicate the process with each batch, using the same ratios of plant/plant/oil and method, and have confidence that my numbers will be similar.

Everything but the Bedroom Cookies is under the lights again. The BC is the only plant getting the sun, which doesn't come out until about 3pm! It doesn't get any direct light in the shed because it's too tall :).

I hope your Tuesday went well and that the week is shaping up the way you like it. :ciao:

Shed, I decided to make some sleeping oil from the Berry Bomb. Not sure if you make gel caps, I made some oil, 1/4 cup coco oil, and 1/2 oz of BeBo Flowers. Plant is rated at 17% THC. I blender'd the buds, put into oil, boil, strain, gel caps. Not sure how all that math works out but for me 2 equals sleep. Thought you'd like to know for your Indica issues, just in case there's someone you think needs a nap...

BTW: I haven't tried them mid day, but I did have one with a bowl last night. Nice practice session with the strings and it was nighty night after that.

Shed, I decided to make some sleeping oil from the Berry Bomb. Not sure if you make gel caps, I made some oil, 1/4 cup coco oil, and 1/2 oz of BeBo Flowers. Plant is rated at 17% THC. I blender'd the buds, put into oil, boil, strain, gel caps. Not sure how all that math works out but for me 2 equals sleep. Thought you'd like to know for your Indica issues, just in case there's someone you think needs a nap...

BTW: I haven't tried them mid day, but I did have one with a bowl last night. Nice practice session with the strings and it was nighty night after that.
Thanks Agemon! I know a few folks I'd like to knock out ;). I used to make capsules for my dad before he forgot how to swallow pills, but I make mine with EVOO since it's supposed to have better bioavailability. Good to know the BeBo is a hard hitter. I'm not sure the Blueberry is knocking out my wife the way she likes at night. :thanks:
Sounds like a productive day man. I’ll be curious to see how the Candida testing goes. Is it the same cost to test oil or flower?
I haven't gotten pricing yet, but it's on my list of calls to make tomorrow. I could make oil as soon as this weekend to get tested next week. Ideally I'd be making QWET but I don't have any 191 proof Everclear, so I'll make my EVOO as concentrated as I can so I can dilute it down to whatever dosing I need. It's going to be the jar-in-the-oven method as I definitely don't need 2 cups of this!
How exactly do you go about testing oil?
There are loads of places here in Los Angeles that do cannabinoid testing. I'm pretty sure they will do buds, extracts, or oil. But I'll know soon enough!

Yeah I agree oil test will be a more homogenized sample. Here we have to sign a sheet with every sample saying it was taken randomly and without bias... point is the buds can vary in cannabinoid content from bud to bud. Once you have the % by volume it's a quick and easy dilution. I guess that being said, always best to make it more potent.

Congratulations on another great harvest my dude!

I've been thinking about purchasing an analyzer, but haven't really found one in my price point that was good enough quality yet. I may send out to a test lab as well. Will be very interested how it goes for you.

I've been thinking about purchasing an analyzer, but haven't really found one in my price point that was good enough quality yet. I may send out to a test lab as well. Will be very interested how it goes for you.
Chris Scorpio uses a home test system made by Cannalytics and he likes it. We discussed it a few days ago (linked here in case you missed it).
Stunning harvest mr.Shed, next round is it....haha
It always seems to be the next round here o_O . Thanks Smeegol!
bendy bendy, right?!
Bendy indeed!
What is it? Hash?
Wouldn't that be nice! As Agemon mentioned, it's what happens to MegaCrop fertilizer when left outside. It's all made clear in the original posts here and here.
No, i think its mega crop tjat got wet from too much RH.
Thanks Age!

Wednesday update and it's drizzling! Still, the Bedroom Cookies 2.2 from @Archiweedies is outside because it got 2 gallons this morning at 5.5g/gallon.

Here it is looking a little thirsty, but otherwise much better than it used to:

The Berry Bomb from @Agemon is looking pretty spiffy and should be ready to flip in a couple of weeks:

And here are pics of the young ones. The DTF from Stank Genetics, on day 21:

And the Lemon Potion Auto (Barney's), also day 21:

The Candidas are slowly drying given the high RH these days. I think I'll break out the mini-dehuey tonight and finish the job on the ones in the boxes.

I hope you can see the sun where you are. I've forgotten what it looks like :(.

:peace:

I hope you can see the sun where you are. I've forgotten what it looks like :(.
It's raining again here. Word has it, it's gonna be wet all the way through the weekend - maybe to Tuesday. And what's here currently is all heading down south to you. o_O

And the Lemon Potion Auto (Barney's), also day 21:
full
20190515_085825 LPa.jpg
Your LPa looks like it's gonna have a similar shape as mine:

It's raining again here. Word has it, it's gonna be wet all the way through the weekend - maybe to Tuesday. And what's here currently is all heading down south to you. o_O
I checked the weather and they said 100% chance of rain tomorrow. :(
Your LPa looks like it's gonna have a similar shape as mine:
What day did yours show pistils? I wonder if I have time to bend mine over. It's kinda short for 21 days!

Back
Top Bottom