InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I wanna know if it hurts when they hit their heads on the lights?????????

Does when I hit my head on the hoods.............. Damn near put an eye out the other day banging into a hood.................

Hey guys. I'm a soon to be new grower. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so my grow will be successful.

@InTheShed The ProMix Director states: "A plain water irrigation leaches out the elements that are not used or any waste ions..."

So it sounds like any/all excess nutes & waste ions will be leached out......correct?

He goes on to state: "Generally, a good practice over a course of a week is to irrigate with fertilizer solution three times and follow the fourth irrigation with plain water to leach excess nutrients/salts."

That means you are irrigating with a fertilizer solution basically every other day. Isn't that a lot? Are you guys watering with nutes every other day? Are you guys even watering every other day?

I plan on using and have already bought the FF trio as my nutes. It list on each bottle to only use them every other watering, when you incorporate them in your feeding schedule. So if I follow FF recommendations, I would be leaching out excess nutes and ions every other watering, not every 4th watering like the ProMix guy suggested....correct? So I guess I don't need to incorporate a specific leaching, since I would already be doing it. Does that make sense? What do you think?

Hey guys. I'm a soon to be new grower. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so my grow will be successful.

@InTheShed The ProMix Director states: "A plain water irrigation leaches out the elements that are not used or any waste ions..."

So it sounds like any/all excess nutes & waste ions will be leached out......correct?

He goes on to state: "Generally, a good practice over a course of a week is to irrigate with fertilizer solution three times and follow the fourth irrigation with plain water to leach excess nutrients/salts."

That means you are irrigating with a fertilizer solution basically every other day. Isn't that a lot? Are you guys watering with nutes every other day? Are you guys even watering every other day?

I plan on using and have already bought the FF trio as my nutes. It list on each bottle to only use them every other watering, when you incorporate them in your feeding schedule. So if I follow FF recommendations, I would be leaching out excess nutes and ions every other watering, not every 4th watering like the ProMix guy suggested....correct? So I guess I don't need to incorporate a specific leaching, since I would already be doing it. Does that make sense? What do you think?
Howdy BigD and :welcome: to my grow Journal! Very brave of you to jump into a journal this long :).

I ran the FFOF trio and don't remember anything about nutes every other water (I fed my plants with every watering), but in terms of the ProMix guy's answer, he wasn't speaking specifically about cannabis or any grow at all. Just generally.

I water when the plants need water based on the weight of the pots and the look of the leaves, and feed every time. And I don't worry about build up in the soil every week that's for sure. When I was using FF nutes I always watered to runoff so that probably helped. Now I have too many plants to mix that much water!

I will flush the ProMix this weekend for the flowering three and see how they respond. The other 12 plants will just get watered as I am now...MegaCrop with every watering. They all seem to be happy as clams :).

Again, thanks for stopping by and checking out the scenery. Ask questions and the folks here will do their best to get you on the right path.

:Namaste:

Does when I hit my head on the hoods.............. Damn near put an eye out the other day banging into a hood.................

Not sure if id prefer that to dropping one on a plant.

Hey Shed, that bebo i got outside is showing pistils, i’ll grab some pics at lights on...

Yours is looking great!

Might be helpful, but probably an add-on rather than a replacement to the cleanse. Here's a question: do mycorrhizae thrive in synthetically nuted soils. I feel like I read somewhere that the salts disagree with their digestion.

From an article I have posted in my journal:

Do Salts Kill Microbes?
Plants and animals all require ions as a food source. Microbes are no different. They need phosphates and nitrates to build DNA and proteins. Without ions, microbes can’t live and just like plants, too much of a good thing becomes toxic.
When fertilizer is used in reasonable amounts it actually causes the microbe population in soil to increase – not decrease – contrary to what so many organic followers believe.

I tend to alternate feedings with just plain water, and being outdoors the plants are wanting water every other day. When I do water without the nutes I do give them enough for some run-off (not sure the %). I think this probably keeps any type of salt build up to a minimum. Of course, my plants are in soil, not Pro-mix, and maybe the size of the pots has some affect as well. My plants seem to be doing fine with this method so for me... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

By the way, I remember some bud pics somewhere... very nice looking buddage - especially for just 4 weeks into flower! :high-five:

Hey Shed, that bebo i got outside is showing pistils, i’ll grab some pics at lights on...
Yours is looking great!
Thanks for the compliment and the plant Age :). Seems like it's pistil time outside these days!
Been there done that..........
You've been everywhere and done everything Norcali, so this is not news...
From an article I have posted in my journal:
Do Salts Kill Microbes?
Plants and animals all require ions as a food source. Microbes are no different. They need phosphates and nitrates to build DNA and proteins. Without ions, microbes can’t live and just like plants, too much of a good thing becomes toxic.
When fertilizer is used in reasonable amounts it actually causes the microbe population in soil to increase – not decrease – contrary to what so many organic followers believe.
What about fungus though? Do mycorrhizae thrive in salt based ion environments?
I tend to alternate feedings with just plain water, and being outdoors the plants are wanting water every other day. When I do water without the nutes I do give them enough for some run-off (not sure the %). I think this probably keeps any type of salt build up to a minimum. Of course, my plants are in soil, not Pro-mix, and maybe the size of the pots has some affect as well. My plants seem to be doing fine with this method so for me... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
By the way, I remember some bud pics somewhere... very nice looking buddage - especially for just 4 weeks into flower!
Thanks BL! The guy did say, "This would be applicable to all growing media" so soil is included. And watering with plain water without a lot of runoff wouldn't really clear the soil. My plants don't seem broke based on past harvests, but I'm willing to do the next watering as a flush/feed to see what happens.

Friday update! :surf:

Yesterday I got a package from Amazon (aka "the rainforest site" and A****n here for some reason. It's okay to say you got something from Amazon folks!). It was a 4" Vivosun duct fan (100CFM) and some aluminum ducting for the tent:

...because it was time to flip the Candidas:

Have I got that exhaust fan in the best spot? I opened a lower velcro intake vent, have a small fan on the floor pointing up, a small fan on the side pointing down, and the exhaust fan on top. I may stick the Vivosun in a box to light-baffle it more since it's all so shiny.

I put the Lemon Potion Auto in a jar last night to check the RH. It was 68%, so I cut the buds off the stems and I'll start the burping process:

I need a smaller jar for this :).

As I mentioned to Age above, it's pistil time outside! Here is the summer AK-47:

And the DTF:

It's going to be a busy weekend of trimming everything for flowering because there's a lot of density I don't want, so pics of that when it happens. In the meantime, it's Friday! :surf:

Might be helpful, but probably an add-on rather than a replacement to the cleanse. Here's a question: do mycorrhizae thrive in synthetically nuted soils. I feel like I read somewhere that the salts disagree with their digestion.
I guess it drys them out and constipation death for the little guys.

?

What about fungus though? Do mycorrhizae thrive in salt based ion environments?

If I understand THIS correctly, it's not that the mycorrhizae die off, it's that the plant regulates the interaction between it and them in high phosphate environments, natural or otherwise. Seems it would be another reason not to overfeed P.

... Holy big ass thread... No going back on this one, LOL I will just join in EXTREMELY LATE... Eh hmmmm ... Hope you are well Shed... Green days to all
Hey Madd! No going back indeed. Just take a look at the family portrait here and you're as caught up as you need to be :). There's no late here, so :welcome: any time!
If I understand THIS correctly, it's not that the mycorrhizae die off, it's that the plant regulates the interaction between it and them in high phosphate environments, natural or otherwise. Seems it would be another reason not to overfeed P.
Preach that low P farside! Thanks for the link and the info.

For anyone wanting the info in the link without clicking it, it says:
  • Phosphates, both available and unavailable forms, do not kill mycorrhizal fungi.
  • High levels of available soil phosphate (soluble phosphates) result in reduced root colonization by mycorrhizal fungi.
  • Insoluble phosphate does not affect mycorrhizal development. The insoluble phosphate in natural soils can represent as much as 99% of the soil’s total phosphate content.

Back
Top Bottom