InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Just some general thoughts about the next grow and beyond:

The Candidas will be down in the beginning of September, and the summer four will be done in October. Assuming the bonsai mother program goes well, I won't be growing any Candida, AK-47, DTF, or Sour G this winter. Just keeping mothers alive for clones down the road.

I also know not to flower in January or February because it's too cold at night in the shed and I don't want to deal with that again.

It's also time to drop some seeds rather than continuously growing the same genetics, and it's time to grow some sativas.

So, what if I drop two autoflowers at the end of the month to have something to harvest toward the end of the year, and put some photo seeds in water in November and let them veg through the winter (where the lights will keep them warm at night)?

For the autos I'm thinking a DDA (Sweet Seeds, selfed by another member here - 63 days) and an Amnesia Haze (from Dope Seeds - 85 days).

For photos I'm thinking Golden Tiger (Ace Seeds), Red Dragon (Barney's), and Fruit Punch (Heavyweight Seeds).

All of them are sativa or sativa-leaning hybrids.

In terms of locations, the autos can finish in the tent under the Mars Hydro SP-250 while the photos stay in the shed under the Samsung strips at just enough power to keep them warm.

Comments and questions welcome.

---------------------------------------
NB: This plan is not binding and subject to change at any time, with no notice, and no penalties or fees.

Quite a plan Shed! I wont hold ya to it. The Bonsai, you trim the roots and the plant? Then repot?

Sorry if i mssed the explanation. I tried searching but found some pics and a short thread, not to helpful.

Uh oh, I created a monster!
Nah, just the once :).
All of those sound really nice. Will be cool to see some fresh genetics in your garden. My DDA went over 90 days.
Oof! I was hoping for a bit quicker than that! I'll factor that into the time line. :thanks:
Got my Golden tiger going now at day 31 in flower , very excited for this lanky Sativa girl
Oh good. Training will definitely be a thing then!
Sounds more interesting than an AK. You need some sativa fun.
'Bout time isn't it!
Quite a plan Shed! I wont hold ya to it. The Bonsai, you trim the roots and the plant? Then repot?

Sorry if i mssed the explanation. I tried searching but found some pics and a short thread, not to helpful.
Here is where I did the deed:
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-4582649

I like that plan! And a wise person once told me that plans were necessary, otherwise there’s nothing to change ;)
:passitleft:

DDA will be longer than that I think - but not so much that it would wreck that plan ... so why am I mentioning it then...?:hmmmm:

Breeder says 70days. Many people let them go to 100days with no loss of sativa-like effects. Gosh it’s a great strain! I predict that you won’t get the usual ‘it gets me high’ from that one... nor this one either...

Golden Tiger
:love:
A timely mention as I literally just pulled out a jar I’d forgotten I had and it’s the Golden Tiger x Northern Lights, the seeds that my buddy made up in the local mountains. Been in the jar 18 months now. Still kicks! :rofl: took me 10 attempts to type ‘still kicks’ just then. Honestly, I literally found it, pulled some out and chopped it up to accompany this visit tot he forum... took a toke and saw your post :eek: Golden Tiger is some very very noice Sativa! It’s high on my list, after Panama.
Uh oh, I created a monster! :laughtwo:
Only the good ones reproduce :laughtwo:

The only thing I’d say about the plan my buddy, is to still consider a weak heatmat or something for teh vegging plants in the winter. Keeping the rootzone in its goodzone will really impact their vitality for a long veg. 20ºC is ideal so even what’s that, about 68-9º? (Trying without looking it up ;) ).

The Fruit Punch Auto from Heavyweight I did last winter was pretty good. Wasn't the biggest but I also suffer from low temps trying to grow through January and February, which I'm sure hurt the yield.

For the autos I'm thinking a DDA (Sweet Seeds, selfed by another member here - 63 days) and an Amnesia Haze (from Dope Seeds - 85 days).

For photos I'm thinking Golden Tiger (Ace Seeds), Red Dragon (Barney's), and Fruit Punch (Heavyweight Seeds).
I like those choices - but beware, I also liked Lemon Potion. :laughtwo: Actually, I have an Amnesia Haze coming my way from Dope Seeds now, although mine is the photo version I believe. I also have a Red Dragon from Barneys that I got as a freebie from my last purchase that I might grow next season.

I'm also curious of yer Amnesia Haze

Is one of my favorite strains I've grown
Mine are free seedsman seeds, was very pleased with the strain so I made Fem seeds myself

Very dense buds, I did get some bud rot on my last HUGE one I pulled 12oz off of, but it happens.

Very powerful Sativa, not a big stretched in flower either

I love to vape, rosin or infused oils of Sativa... Good energy
Not a big smoker of it, I prefer GDP or similar and Candida of course

Ok, I saw that post but there were no subtitles... I think I see what you did. Square off the root ball and drop her back in the same container, give her a nice trim up top too?

Guess since I've got clones in cups I can practice with them too.

BTW: I topped the Northern Light again yesterday. I heard Penny when he said to top early and often... too little too late.

Guess I need to have my neighbor build the wall up...

I like that plan! And a wise person once told me that plans were necessary, otherwise there’s nothing to change
Har!
DDA will be longer than that I think - but not so much that it would wreck that plan ... so why am I mentioning it then...?
Breeder says 70days. Many people let them go to 100days with no loss of sativa-like effects. Gosh it’s a great strain! I predict that you won’t get the usual ‘it gets me high’ from that one... nor this one either...
70 days still comes in under the Amnesia Haze auto. 100 means I have to start earlier!
Golden Tiger is some very very noice Sativa! It’s high on my list, after Panama.
Excellent!
Only the good ones reproduce
LOL! It seems some of the not-so-good-ones do as well...
The only thing I’d say about the plan my buddy, is to still consider a weak heatmat or something for teh vegging plants in the winter. Keeping the rootzone in its goodzone will really impact their vitality for a long veg. 20ºC is ideal so even what’s that, about 68-9º? (Trying without looking it up
As I recall, the whole Oval of Brightness® stays in the mid 60s (nice work on the conversion) with the lights on and the insulation on top of the lights. That's gonna have to do. My big problem was the 12 hours of lights-off over night.
The Fruit Punch Auto from Heavyweight I did last winter was pretty good. Wasn't the biggest but I also suffer from low temps trying to grow through January and February, which I'm sure hurt the yield.
I'm not too concerned on slower growth during the winter since it will just be vegging photo plants. The autos will be plenty warm in the tent with the SP-250 blazing over them!
I like those choices - but beware, I also liked Lemon Potion. :laughtwo: Actually, I have an Amnesia Haze coming my way from Dope Seeds now, although mine is the photo version I believe. I also have a Red Dragon from Barneys that I got as a freebie from my last purchase that I might grow next season.
I'll see if anyone likes the LPa when I break it out in a week or two. They're gonna have to love it for me to take another chance on it though. I think my Red Dragon and the Fruit Punch were both freebies.
Very dense buds, I did get some bud rot on my last HUGE one I pulled 12oz off of, but it happens.
Very powerful Sativa, not a big stretched in flower either
Bud rot is something I'm having trouble with now, between the Bedroom Cookies, the IIP, and now the lanky Candida:

I'll keep a close eye on the Amnesia Haze auto because I lost parts of a fat cola on the Blue Treacle auto last winter.
Not much on Sativa purity smoke , but sounds like a good line up with in mind when the harvest times are .
My wife is a happy heady high person, and hits the indica only at bedtime. And I've got indica up the wazoo now!
I love to vape, rosin or infused oils of Sativa... Good energy
Not a big smoker of it, I prefer GDP or similar and Candida of course
Of course :).
congrats on the harvest, nicely done
Thanks dynamo! They all did really well with the MegaCrop and when the sun came out in July. It is nice not to have to move and water those three though. Now I get a break to deal with the PM and the bud rot...yay!
Ok, I saw that post but there were no subtitles... I think I see what you did. Square off the root ball and drop her back in the same container, give her a nice trim up top too?
Guess since I've got clones in cups I can practice with them too.
Sorry, I thought every picture tells a story. Here is where I got my info on keeping mothers small, from Dutchman's thread last week:

Hey Dutch! Gardens looking tip top still. What size pots will you be keeping your mothers in? I agree with Penny, you should bonsai them! Allow the pots to dry, get a saw, chop off all the soil with 4 clean cuts leaving you with a cube that is about twice the size of the main root stump. Then simply replant and there you go. You can keep plants in 500ml pots for years provided you don't let them get root bound. Hope you're keeping well brother!
Keeping a short plant and cutting back regularly will help build a strong base to use as a mother. Root cutting isn’t done until later on but is definitely a helpful trick when maintaining a bonsai mom!
I’ll be keeping my mothers in these 1Gal pots from here on out! After the topping it’s just a matter of taking cuttings every 10-14 days to maintain its short figure and to push auxins all over the plant. Root pruning is great once the mother plant has been in her permanent home for 6+months!
It's mainly so the plant doesn't become root bound in the small pot.
you trim back the plant to just the top growth tips leaving 1-2 nodes on each branch. As long as there is growth it will maintain siphoning nutrients up the stalk keeping it alive.

At this time pull plant out and cut off 3/4” from all sides and bottom. Replant into same container with new soil and feed lightly. Using a composite mix is good as well since it has a time release nute mix!

And this:

Hope that helps.

Hey Shed and co. I was hoping you could help me play - read the trichs - with my subpar phone photos? I’m not even sure what I’m looking for out of this, so all tips are appreciated.
421D747B-F25D-4708-BE9F-CC61D4F29CFB.jpeg
B864ECFB-4198-43F1-B80B-EBFCA3426463.jpeg
D7DA1D21-AECF-4606-8DD3-D313445EE983.jpeg
7DF90BFE-3FEE-48D1-9ED5-5B27D929DBE2.jpeg
67058E9B-2A31-4DF4-BA0E-9C1959ABD51F.jpeg
B7AA11DD-11A3-44B6-8AFC-637163702465.jpeg

Thanks for any advice Shed and sorry for the photo dump. I hope it’s ok with you!

Back
Top Bottom