InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I don't think so. That was supposed to be a joke. :oops:
I figured as much but then I had to think....is it still there? I never got into it....I did like the old download sites back in the day and I have a hell of a digital collection but I find that i listen to Pandora or my YouTube play lists anymore. I was a huge CD guy back in the day.

I figured as much but then I had to think....is it still there? I never got into it....I did like the old download sites back in the day and I have a hell of a digital collection but I find that i listen to Pandora or my YouTube play lists anymore. I was a huge CD guy back in the day.
I had boxes and boxes of vinyl records then I switched to CDs then lost or got rid of most all of my CDs I wish I had them all back now

I believe they exist as a troubled streaming service.

But there are other alternatives to it that exist. Disclaimer-I do not own and do not support buying uncopyrighted illegal entertainment or instructional media. And can honestly say I don't copy music, not even for my own uses.
I have a couple thoughts on 'uncopyrighted' material. I used to buy albums, then switched to cassettes. Then they switched to CDs and I loved them (no more winding cassettes with a pencil right). Then they came out with the digital music and wanted to charge the same price as a CD. I struggle with that. No more CD sleeve with lyrics and artwork. Even when CDs were still around and the cost for production of CDs went way down, no one ever passed those savings on to the customers. Remember back when when burnable CDs were high priced....then after about 5 years you could by a 100 stack of them for less than 15 bucks as opposed the ridiculous prices they charged early on. But still.....15.99 for a new CD.

I get that musicians need to be paid for their work, but the whole industry and how they operate or refuse to operate kind of annoys me. I guess I kind of view it like when we would sit glued to our radio waiting for them to play our favorite songs so we could hit the record button on the cassette player and make some really killer mixed tapes. As long as you aren't selling it and profiting, I don't personally care. I know not a lot of people agree with my point of view on it....but its how I feel. Drop the prices on the digital music and I might be more inclined to switch over and pay. You don't have logistics to pay for like with actual albums, cassettes, or CDs. Very little raw costs and fewer people to have to share the pie with.

I had boxes and boxes of vinyl records then I switched to CDs then lost or got rid of most all of my CDs I wish I had them all back now
I am going through my basement right now after moving last year. Had water and moisture get into the boxes and I am ripping through them all as I try to salvage some of the stuff. I am finding a lot of my older music that I haven't seen for years as well as a ton of DVDs. I used to have about 500 DVDs in my collection but apparently I have misplaced a couple hundred LOL.

I have a couple thoughts on 'uncopyrighted' material. I used to buy albums, then switched to cassettes. Then they switched to CDs and I loved them (no more winding cassettes with a pencil right). Then they came out with the digital music and wanted to charge the same price as a CD. I struggle with that. No more CD sleeve with lyrics and artwork. Even when CDs were still around and the cost for production of CDs went way down, no one ever passed those savings on to the customers. Remember back when when burnable CDs were high priced....then after about 5 years you could by a 100 stack of them for less than 15 bucks as opposed the ridiculous prices they charged early on. But still.....15.99 for a new CD.

I get that musicians need to be paid for their work, but the whole industry and how they operate or refuse to operate kind of annoys me. I guess I kind of view it like when we would sit glued to our radio waiting for them to play our favorite songs so we could hit the record button on the cassette player and make some really killer mixed tapes. As long as you aren't selling it and profiting, I don't personally care. I know not a lot of people agree with my point of view on it....but its how I feel. Drop the prices on the digital music and I might be more inclined to switch over and pay. You don't have logistics to pay for like with actual albums, cassettes, or CDs. Very little raw costs and fewer people to have to share the pie with.

I 'buy' very little digital. New/used lp, cassettes and CD. I do subscribe to streaming services...but that honestly gets rarely used.

But I am not going to pay 30 bucks for a download. I don't even download the free copies that come with the hard.

I am going through my basement right now after moving last year. Had water and moisture get into the boxes and I am ripping through them all as I try to salvage some of the stuff. I am finding a lot of my older music that I haven't seen for years as well as a ton of DVDs. I used to have about 500 DVDs in my collection but apparently I have misplaced a couple hundred LOL.
I have a collection of 3D movies because I have a couple 3D TVs I Love LGs passive 3D Much better then Active glasses which other companies use The passive 3D Looks Much better. I also have a Sony 3D 75 inch TV in the entertainment room and we Love watching 3D movies on it and the sound system is Powerful.

I 'buy' very little digital. New/used lp, cassettes and CD. I do subscribe to streaming services...but that honestly gets rarely used.

But I am not going to pay 30 bucks for a download. I don't even download the free copies that come with the hard.
Exactly! I still buy CDs on some of my favorite artists, but I ain't spending that kind of jack for a digital copy.

Back in the day, we would deploy overseas and all of us would pass our CDs around for everyone to RIP the digital copy so we could make our favorite mixed CDs. You get 30-40 guys with 20-100 different CDs and you could build up a really nice collection of music. I have a portable hard drive somewhere in this house that has about a Terabyte of music on it....but I will be damned if I know where its at.

I was also doing a job in Manhattan a few years back and one of the radiologists was the wife of a DJ that worked at some radio station there. She had a massive digital library that she copied onto a hard drive. Not sure where that damn hard drive went. It was kind of cool cause she had like the top 100 songs each year since 1961 on that thing. Hope I can find it at some point.

I totally agree. I know a lot of people will not like me saying this but If I want a certain album etc. I download it from torrent sites or listen to it on youtube I already bought them once on vinyl or CD. I also torrent new movies I want to watch between that and Netflix , Amazon Prime and Hulu I have everything I want to watch or listen to PS I use a VPN Do Not down load torrents if you do not have a VPN
Well on the movies, I used to love to hit Hollywood Video or Blockbuster and buy the previously viewed DVDs at a price of 4 for 20 bucks. 5 bucks a flick, I didn't mind that, especially for most of the less than stellar movies that Hollyweird was churning out. I certainly wasn't going to pay 19.99 for a new copy of it. I don't even think there are such things as video stores anymore....just those little kiosks by the grocery store.

I used to love the used music stores too! Go browse the CDs and Vinyls for some of the old classics. I could spend hours looking through their selections.

I'm willing to pay for any music that I want but don't own. If I own it already, I want the digital for free! I still have every album and CD I've ever bought, and I've ripped a lot of my LPs to CD and then ripped those to MP3 for my phone.

Of course, when Napster was around, my favorite part was finding obscure music that I never owned and couldn't buy any more. Someone in India or Slovenia would have posted an MP3 of it for the world to hear!

These days, I'll have a song pop into my head while I'm at my desk at work (where I am more than anywhere else) and I'll go find it on youtube. I used to listen to music all day with a boombox CD player in my office, but the person on the other side of the wall started complaining so I don't get to do that any more.

Great setup in that media room PCa! I'm not a movie person, so I would never need that, but I can sure appreciate it. :thumb:

Wednesday update of various bits and bobs.

Let us begin with final weights on the two Candidas. I know I said I wasn't going to cure them since they're going to oil, but one managed to settle at 59% RH and the other at 62%, so I thought I'd see how they turned out:

Candida CDNT (the shorter one) in at 288 grams / 10.2 ounces:

20190911_090700 CD-1 CDNT.jpg

And Candida lanky, in at 281 grams / 9.9 ounces:

20190911_090926 CD-1 lanky.jpg

Considering the difference in RH in the bags, I'd say these came in at identical weights! How weird is that? And you may notice how brown the buds are...that's from the PM which sucks the chlorophyll out of the leaves, even the sugars.

Moving on, I think I may have found the source of the PM in my garden. I went to do some gardening on Sunday while the DTF was drip drying, and I discovered that one of my big bushy plants was dead underneath. I have three of these and they're each about 6 feet across and 2 feet high:

I think the lower leaves were all killed by PM, though it's tough to see when it's alive because the plant is grey to begin with. Anyway, I cut it back to stumps and sprayed it with SAGFF. I'm going to keep it much smaller in the future and spray it as it grows back.

And while I was spraying the AK-47 with castille soap/water this morning, I found this:

I'll post it to Amy's Friend or Foe thread and see if anyone there can get an ID on it.

That's my mishmash for the day. Who knows what I'll come up with tomorrow. And next week I'll really be struggling while we stare at moist peat pots...

Wednesday update of various bits and bobs.

Let us begin with final weights on the two Candidas. I know I said I wasn't going to cure them since they're going to oil, but one managed to settle at 59% RH and the other at 62%, so I thought I'd see how they turned out:

Candida CDNT (the shorter one) in at 288 grams / 10.2 ounces:

20190911_090700 CD-1 CDNT.jpg

And Candida lanky, in at 281 grams / 9.9 ounces:

20190911_090926 CD-1 lanky.jpg

Considering the difference in RH in the bags, I'd say these came in at identical weights! How weird is that? And you may notice how brown the buds are...that's from the PM which sucks the chlorophyll out of the leaves, even the sugars.

Moving on, I think I may have found the source of the PM in my garden. I went to do some gardening on Sunday while the DTF was drip drying, and I discovered that one of my big bushy plants was dead underneath. I have three of these and they're each about 6 feet across and 2 feet high:

I think the lower leaves were all killed by PM, though it's tough to see when it's alive because the plant is grey to begin with. Anyway, I cut it back to stumps and sprayed it with SAGFF. I'm going to keep it much smaller in the future and spray it as it grows back.

And while I was spraying the AK-47 with castille soap/water this morning, I found this:

I'll post it to Amy's Friend or Foe thread and see if anyone there can get an ID on it.

That's my mishmash for the day. Who knows what I'll come up with tomorrow. And next week I'll really be struggling while we stare at moist peat pots...
Looks like a Hover fly.

I'll guess any bug that color green might be eating the same color. Thumbs down in my house!
I flicked him away when I was done with the pics. I'll see if he's made it back tomorrow :).
Looks like a Hover fly.
I have those but they look more like wasps. As a matter of fact, there were tons of their eggs in the last AK's flowers, so every time I opened the tent to check the drying process, 4 or 5 would fly out! I haven't seen plain green ones before.
:thedoubletake: Looks like a bug type eater to me, but I don't know.
I've never seen one like this before, but he does seem a bit big to be a leaf eater.
Looks like he’s watching you with those big ol eyes! Bleh!!
He can't see me because he has castille soap in his eyes ;).

Thanks Age! That Floyd song is a new one for me. Really progressive for 1968!

really? I would not have guessed.

Not sure if you found Interstellar Overdrive or Careful With That Axe Eugene, those are also ahead of their time and pretty experimental. Those were underground hits when people were showing up to see the pretty lights... The original rave scene I guess, back before Syd lost his marbles.

Wish You Were Here was inspired by Syd's removal from the band. I'll stop rambling about Floyd.

AND ABOUT THAT BUG, well that one would be dead at my place!

Back
Top Bottom