InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks so much, Shed. So, 175 might be way more than I need? Nother dumb question then. Can I replace the 175w bulb with a smaller one? This thing was given to me and I don't know anything about CFLs. I would like to be as energy efficient as possible.

*Never mind, I just looked up the 23w'rs on Amazon and they are nothing like this monster light fixture I have. So, one of those itty bitty 23 w bulbs would keep a couple mother plants going for awhile? Or am I misunderstanding?

I had 11 clones under a single 23w 6500k. The mothers should be fine under one if you are following that 2l bonsai mother guide. I think the only reason you would want more light is if you are not making clones fast enough. That would be my take.
Hey Great, Thanks Reave! Appreciate it, and we are talking about those little 23w spiral looking bulbs that screw into a typical socket and cost about $1-3 US each? Thank you again

Hiyall, my ears were ringing with the talk of CFLs! I have much fun with them, but I'm with Shed get cheap LED if you can find one. eBay has mars hydro 300's with a diode or two out for 30-40 dollar range... even with bulbs out on mine I'm growing awesome plants. Cheers, thanks for all you do Mr. OS! :yahoo:

Hiyall, my ears were ringing with the talk of CFLs! I have much fun with them, but I'm with Shed get cheap LED if you can find one. eBay has mars hydro 300's with a diode or two out for 30-40 dollar range... even with bulbs out on mine I'm growing awesome plants. Cheers, thanks for all you do Mr. OS! :yahoo:
Thanks Pbass, I'll look into that. Kinda like the LED idea myself. Appreciate it.

Thanks so much, Shed. So, 175 might be way more than I need? Nother dumb question then. Can I replace the 175w bulb with a smaller one? This thing was given to me and I don't know anything about CFLs. I would like to be as energy efficient as possible.

*Never mind, I just looked up the 23w'rs on Amazon and they are nothing like this monster light fixture I have. So, one of those itty bitty 23 w bulbs would keep a couple mother plants going for awhile? Or am I misunderstanding?
I had 11 clones under a single 23w 6500k. The mothers should be fine under one if you are following that 2l bonsai mother guide. I think the only reason you would want more light is if you are not making clones fast enough. That would be my take.
What Reave said!
Hey Great, Thanks Reave! Appreciate it, and we are talking about those little 23w spiral looking bulbs that screw into a typical socket and cost about $1-3 US each? Thank you again
Yep! The regular curly ones.
Thanks Pbass, I'll look into that. Kinda like the LED idea myself. Appreciate it.
A Mars 300 will make your mothers grow a lot faster, so if you're going for a bonsai plant it makes it harder for you to keep up. Unless, like Reave said, you have a need to keep generating cuttings.

Sorry I'm late to the trichome party, but I agree with what everyone else is saying.
I'm also concerned about getting amber on the buds, as this needs to be CBN-free!
If this is the case, then definitely harvest this weekend. :goodluck:

I couldn't resist Shed, this is my Frankenstein veg monster...it did a good job, I even flowered under it!
frank.jpg

I bet that was warm @Pbass
It was, I was going to expound apon that but though I'd keep it short. I used CFL so much, as clone lights, veg, flower, supplement lighting...they are super versatile and entirely cheap DIY gold....but they are hot and they need to be pretty close. Watch you don't let your girls grow into them and keep a fan going!

Thats what my struggle was (if you could call it a struggle), keeping the heat factor in check. LED's took that out of the equation entirely. I'm running (2) Mars Hydro 300's, (1) 700, (1) Viparspectra 450, and (1) knockoff in a 4x6 room ... like 800w + of light with nothing but a floor fan and it stays under 80f easily. But CFL are SO easy to get a hold of and be productive with though, I totally get running them.

They look awesome and expensive! I bet they will grow amazing pot. I myself prefer going the cheap route and shoot for most all of the capabilites of a expensive name brand light at a fraction of the cost. If I can grow 95% as good of weed for 30% the cost thats a win to me. (Percentages are estimations, your mileage may vary)

They look awesome and expensive! I bet they will grow amazing pot. I myself prefer going the cheap route and shoot for most all of the capabilites of a expensive name brand light at a fraction of the cost. If I can grow 95% as good of weed for 30% the cost thats a win to me. (Percentages are estimations, your mileage may vary)
What lights do you use ?

OOh thats a thread in itself! Well I just got a no name 240w dimmable quantum board with IR and far red that I really like. I paid about $210 bucks for it. It does 2x4 flower very nicely. Amazing tricomes! I think if i buy more I will only buy single panel 120's (or at least separate panels wired off the same ballast) because they are more versitile for hanging options. Other than that I'm using 2 mars hydro 300's, a mars hydro 700, a viparspectra 450 and a offbrand 100w with some GNARLY burple! It would be wise to change the cheapo out...everything is green when you leave the room with this one on! I have to tell you though, the cheap old LED grow really good pot still. You can get a mars hydro 300 off ebay for like $40 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom