InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Too late now ;). You really need a thread of your own PCa, so you don't have to post the same pics over and over. Like I said, getting all your answers in one place is much easier.

But to answer your question, I'd say you took it at the right time!

What did you think of my new sprout and the clone mothers?
They look GREAT I would like to keep a mother from the best plant from the blue dream and the Gold Leaf . Do you keep them separate and in a Veg. lighting cycle ? I would have to come up with a place to keep them so they don't stink up the house. I am excited to use my new lights which will be here Wednesday. Hay I will start a Journal when the lights come in. I will still need to get a tent carbon filters fans etc. Thanks for the help I didn't know if I took them at the right time so now I know. I may order some Peat Pucks for germinating the seeds it looks like they started well in those, I also need a heat matt any suggestions on what I still need to buy tent fans etc. would help. I am looking at This Tent it is a 5footx5footx80inches I need room to move around I am 6foot 2 inches and I weigh 235 so I need a little room

Word of caution: never use DE on a plant in flower. It gets into the flowers (it's just dust after all) and is not good for the lungs at all.

And autos will do their own thing no matter what you feed them, so it might be completely unrelated to how big it got!
I did the bud washing thing and I kept dipping and swirling them in the water to get all of it off I hope I got it all. I didn't know not to dust after they started to flower, More Newbie mistakes I am really glad we did a small 4 plant grow this time so I could make all the mistake on them. That's why I love this site best people in the world giving advice cant be beat.

Thats how you keep the pests guessing.

Whats up Shed??

I guess you're in the middle of chopping/harvest routines.

G/L with the drying and trimming.

Looked at your trichome pics. It was either a very very cloudy day and all clear OR its time to harvest. I go with harvest. :passitleft:

I got a good CURE for bud rot and PM - shit works or my hole harvest this summer wood have been compost. SOOO hot and humid and no AC this year for me (in the flower room)

Cure = Southern Ag - Garden Friendly Fungicide - teaspoon to a gal water spray lighty on the leaves early flower. You be good. Can spray 1 more time 1/2 thru.

This summer was the first time I made it without bud rot or PM. Thats saying something for real.

The Southern Ag stuff is organic and safe for hoo-mans and hoo-man contact. Oregon State specs on the safety and organics.
Post like this is why I love this man :adore:

I did the bud washing thing and I kept dipping and swirling them in the water to get all of it off I hope I got it all.
Depending on when you dusted the plant the DE could have worked it's way into the flowers as the grew so the wash water wouldn't touch that.

Just file it away in your head of things not to do next time!

Do you keep them separate and in a Veg. lighting cycle ?
I keep them on a 20/4 lighting schedule but they're out all day getting sun for part of that. The rest of the time they're under a 23w 6500K CFL bulb. Once the weather cools down they'll stay under that all day. The sun makes them grow too fast!
I also need a heat matt any suggestions
I think Vivosun is the most popular. Get the thermostat, it really makes a big difference.

Sorry I can't help with tent info. I bought the cheapest 2x4x6 I found on Amazon. A TopoGrow for $80. Seems okay so far!

Thanks for those quick replies @stoneotter and @Van Stank!

-----------------------------------------

Tuesday update and the first overcast day since the beginning of July! Since once the AK is harvested there will be no plants in veg or flowering for a while, it seems like a good time to turn our attention to bonsai mothering.

I have been keeping my clones in the bike shed at night under the MarsHydro 300, and the solo cup ones are root bound and have grown into the light. So this weekend I'll be selecting one of each strain to keep as a mother plant. Here are the two bonsai mother plants I already have in 1 gallon pots:

Berry Bomb 1.3.1 on the left, Peyote Critical 1.1.1 on the right:

And here are the outdoor solo-cup clones. The Candidas are 1.1.x and 2.1.x. The IIP's and DTF's are 1.x. :

There are actually 6 lanky Candidas as the first cup on the left has three in it, but I'll be tossing that cup out as there's no reason to try separating the roots at this point with three others growing well. After I upcan to 1 gallon, I'll top them and replace the MarsHydro 300 with a single 23w 6500K CFL bulb to slow growth to a minimum.

In addition to these, I still have clones on the heat mat inside. I've sent off three IIPs to another member here, but I still have IIP and DTF monstercrops, along with Sour G. I'll keep the best two Sour G's and toss the monstercrops since I have big versions outside already. In the end, I'll be mothering:
Candida lanky
Candida squat
IIP
DTF
BeBo
PC
Sour G

Seven plants...crazy, I know! First to go will be the Peyote Critical (any San Diego takers?) and Amy might be able to convince me to dump the lanky Candida.

That's it for me this morning! Be the sun in your world :cool: .
Insane man!

Word of caution: never use DE on a plant in flower. It gets into the flowers (it's just dust after all) and is not good for the lungs at all.

And autos will do their own thing no matter what you feed them, so it might be completely unrelated to how big it got!
I got some of that Castile soap. One of the Afghans is starting to have the web umbrellas every morning. Now that two of the plants are chopped, I have room to spread them out so they don’t touch each other. What’s you’re mixture rate with that stuff?

I got some of that Castile soap. One of the Afghans is starting to have the web umbrellas every morning. Now that two of the plants are chopped, I have room to spread them out so they don’t touch each other. What’s you’re mixture rate with that stuff?
1 to 1.5 tablespoons of Castile soap in 1 quart of water.

Depending on when you dusted the plant the DE could have worked it's way into the flowers as the grew so the wash water wouldn't touch that.

Just file it away in your head of things not to do next time!

I keep them on a 20/4 lighting schedule but they're out all day getting sun for part of that. The rest of the time they're under a 23w 6500K CFL bulb. Once the weather cools down they'll stay under that all day. The sun makes them grow too fast!

I think Vivosun is the most popular. Get the thermostat, it really makes a big difference.

Sorry I can't help with tent info. I bought the cheapest 2x4x6 I found on Amazon. A TopoGrow for $80. Seems okay so far!
Thank You Shed. I have a few things in my head not to do next time, Lol. I didn't know you could keep them under just a CFL bulb that makes things easier I have time to figure out where I could keep a couple mothers. I will start looking on Amazon for a heat matt and the other stuff I need. You have really been a BIG help Shed Thanks again

Things are looking good PC. Did the lights come on yet? I'd love to see your overall progress. Tag me tonight once you have that journal going
Thanks they come Wednesday when they get here I will take some pictures of the unboxing and start a Journal then. I would love to have your insight and feedback when I start the Journal.

What RH Bovida Pack do I need to get to put in a jar with my bud to cure it after I take it out of the fridge and brown paper bags doing the Low and Slow method ? I see they have 72% and 68% etc.

@PCaddict as far as tents go, there are some nice comparison videos on YouTube where they compare various readings at various parts of the tents under the same light. From the ones I’ve seen, the Mars Hydro tents seem to the best compared to others in the same price range. But check out the videos. Some good info there.

What RH Bovida Pack do I need to get to put in a jar with my bud to cure it after I take it out of the fridge and brown paper bags doing the Low and Slow method ? I see they have 72% and 68% etc.
Most growers use a 62% RH pack, but depending on personal preference, some others I know use 58% packs.
:thumb:

I wouldn’t put a pack in there until your RH was in the low 60’s. Then I use 62’s. Some people like the 58’s as well. Depends on what you like. My thought is if I want it drier than 62 I can just leave it out for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom