InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Ever read any of R.A. Salvatore @Graytail ?

I looked him up and nope, never got around to that author. There was a period in my 40s where I got back into fantasy, but I didn't run across him.

How about Robert Jordan? I spent many hours grinding my way through his dense sagas. I tended to like the really meaty authors. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think 5 days is about the longest

I'm hopeful for the first 3 days,then on the fourth day,I'm like "well,shit!"
and on the fifth day I dig in and have a look at them and declare them a "dud".
On the sixth day,I start another seed (if I have one)

I'm hopeful for the first 3 days,then on the fourth day,I'm like "well,shit!"
and on the fifth day I dig in and have a look at them and declare them a "dud".
On the sixth day,I start another seed (if I have one)
I'll dig it out tonight and see what happened to it. It didn't have much of a split or a tail, but the breeder said they all might have been sealed up before they were completely dry, so that might have played a roll as well. Won't be my first non-sprouter and I'm sure it won't be my last!

Right... well then... i’m Trying to remember what the longest I’ve had a seed take is. I don’t wait for them to pop tho - i jus soak 12-24hrs and plant. I think 5 days is about the longest. Usually 3-4.

... next! :popcorn:
I find thats a pretty good range for me as well Amy. I think 36 hours was the fastest and about 5 or 6 days was the slowest. Speaking of that, I have a Bubba Kush CBD plant that has been down for 4 days that was trying to squeeze through last night....need to go check that thing and see if I need to preform any rescue surgeries. I find most pop in that 3-4 day range if my temps are good. Winter time they are a bit on the slower side.

I looked him up and nope, never got around to that author. There was a period in my 40s where I got back into fantasy, but I didn't run across him.

How about Robert Jordan? I spent many hours grinding my way through his dense sagas. I tended to like the really meaty authors. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Well I read the first 8 or so books from him in his series and then just felt like he was bogging down and not going anywhere with the story line. Then the nerve of him to die with his story unfinished....sheesh. I loved it for the first 6 or 7 books though. And for anyone not familiar with Robert Jordan's books.....they aren't for the feint of heart....900-1200 pages is not unusual for a novel of his.

But seriously if you have any enjoyment of Fantasy, I can't recommend Salvatore enough. His description of sword combat is second to none. He builds amazing depth of characters for a fantasy genre as well. If you ever decide to read him, let me know, I can send you the books and give you the recommended reading sequence.

Its funny, his main series he got famous for was never meant to go the way it did. Book 4 was written first, followed by 5, and 6. It was in that book 4 to book 5 timeline he decided to switch the main character from the human barbarian to the Drow Elf. He got so much intrigue into the background on the "new" main character, he had to go back and write the background on him.....i.e. Book 1, 2, and 3. Books 1,2, and 3 while great, are very difficult to read due to the trying to figure out how to pronounce a lot of the names names (I have always appreciated authors that include a glossary/appendix that includes correct annunciation) . But once you are hooked, man you are hooked. I remember reading a book a day and running to Barnes and Noble looking for the next one in the series.

Tuesday update and it was time to do a seedopsy on the sprout-less DDA.

After some digging, I found this:

Failure to launch:

Isn't the first time, won't be the last. But the Amnesia Haze auto is working on another set of leaves:

No roots yet on the AK-47 monstercrops, but the stems were starting to get moldy, so I sprayed them down with diluted H2O2 and have the domes cracked open about ½". We'll see...

Shed I gotta ask, "How you get the oil so clean?"
Mine always seems to have a green tinge to it...
Mine is never green because the decarb tends to make all my oils brown when concentrated. You can see the color of the caps go from dark to light as I add more EVOO with each dilution. But when you look at it in the measuring cup, it's pretty dark brown to start.

I sense an update coming.
You are good!

Two likes, two replies...excellent!
Sorry about the Double D's demise. I think you knew before you looked it was dead already.
I think @DonkeyDick is still with us, but I did know the seed was not going to make it topside after all this time. I have to say I was surprised it even had a tail though.
Bummer. Do you have another? Or plant something else?
I'm waiting for new DDA seeds in the mail, so two of those will get dropped as soon as they arrive. And my wife is enjoying the uncured DTF so much (thank you @Van Stank!) that I may grow out one of my monstercrop clones and flower it with the autos. Or add it to the winter grow dropping in December.

Mine is never green because the decarb tends to make all my oils brown when concentrated. You can see the color of the caps go from dark to light as I add more EVOO with each dilution. But when you look at it in the measuring cup, it's pretty dark brown to start.

You use the EVOO b/c of the fat content and the absorption of the THC? And the GSO for topicals?

I think @DonkeyDick is still with us, but I did know the seed was not going to make it topside after all this time. I have to say I was surprised it even had a tail though.
I didn't see you going that route. I left it open for for a C cup reply of some sort. I should have known you better than that though by now.
Nice touch!

You use the EVOO b/c of the fat content and the absorption of the THC? And the GSO for topicals?
Per SweetSue:
Olive oil is a long-chained fatty acid. Its molecular size gets it absorbed into the lymphatic system, saving the cannabinoids bound to it the gauntlet of first-pass through the liver. Coconut oil is a medium-chained fatty acid that goes directly from the stomach to the liver and the enzymes that will appear to aggressively metabolize the cannabinoids, thus reducing the medicinal value, although you'll get a wonderful euphoric experience.

For all disease excepting liver cancer we recommend olive oil. For recreational or to treat liver cancer choose coconut oil.

And yes, I use 50/50 grape seed oil and pumpkin seed oils for my topicals, though I'm sure GSO alone would be fine too.

Back
Top Bottom