InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sorry about wordy confusion. Yes, I don't trust an auto that flowers before 30 days, because I figure it won't produce much. If it flowers after day 30 I feel like it will probably be big enough to be worth the effort to grow.

My last Auto, Purple Amnesia Haze, had pistils on day 21 from sprout, if I remember correctly I harvested around 8 ounces give or take off that one. You just never know what you're gonna get with an auto. That Cherry Bomb Auto vegged for close to 45 days and yielded about the same, but she was an unruly beast that did whatever she wanted, just like my preteen...

Thanks Shed! That's good to know as a first time grower and I have two autos. One started flowering on day 32, the other on day 34, so I should be GTG. Both are looking good btw.

Also, just for understanding about lux. If you have say 50K lux outside for 5 hrs, would you have to have 25K lux for 10hrs with lights indoors for the lux to be equal? Or does it not work that way? I grow outside, so I'm just wondering for the sake of understanding, conversation and science.

Thanks Shed! That's good to know as a first time grower and I have two autos. One started flowering on day 32, the other on day 34, so I should be GTG. Both are looking good btw.
If your autos are alive and flowering then you are GTG for sure! I rarely grow autos any more because photos give me much more control and almost guarantee a harvest I'm going to be happy with. Autos are fickle and much more sensitive to the outdoor environment, which makes them just the occasional visitor to my grow.
Also, just for understanding about lux. If you have say 50K lux outside for 5 hrs, would you have to have 25K lux for 10hrs with lights indoors for the lux to be equal? Or does it not work that way? I grow outside, so I'm just wondering for the sake of understanding, conversation and science.
I'm not sure if you saw my post on Daily Light Integral (DLI) a few weeks back, but if not, it's worth reading on the topic of light intensity and duration for cannabis. The basic answer to your question is yes, 50x5 would be the same as 25x10, as long as the 25 is truly constant for 10 hours. I'm sure my 85.8M lux is closer to 110M+ lux in the mid-day hours and the plant isn't getting 10 hours of direct light at this late September date. And the lux/hour (DLI) needs of the plant go up in flower, which is easier to do with autos that don't need darkness to flower, so you can run them 24/0 if that's what it takes to hit the DLI requirement.

I hope that's a clear enough answer. If not, ask more questions!

You said it farside! Except for the DDAs as they tend to be spogs® anyway. (Not all of course...so don't @ me :)).

Beautiful Age! You've done me proud. :high-five:

It's tough to dig a huge hole once you've put down turf...

Thanks Dutch! Amnesia Haze is doing okay so far, but never trust an auto until it hasn't flowered until at least day 30 ;).

I know you're moving a bit slowly these days so I thought I'd give you a chance!

-------------------------------------

Monday update!

First up :yahoo: is that the DDA replacement seeds have arrived! :thanks: to the member who sent them along. I'll be dropping two in water tonight and figure by the time they come up they will be about two weeks behind the Amnesia Haze auto.

Speaking of which, I lowered the light over the weekend, so now I'm at ~20M lux in the tent:

And outside in the sun at 8:17am, 85,800 lux:

Side view day 10:

Saugaview day 10:

No pistils yet so that's a good sign :cheesygrinsmiley:. I gave it 2.0g/gallon MegCrop, mostly in a ring about 6" from the stem, but some right down the middle as well.

In other news, a dry front moved through on Sunday and I got most of the bags down to the low 60s, so I finally jarred up the Berry Bomb 1.3, and I ran out of jars:
20190929_142108 BeBo 1.3 jars.jpg

I guess that's what follows having too many plants. 🤷 I need more jars as I still have Sour G and DTF in bags. More Boveda 62s as well.

Speaking of Berry Bomb, I gave my wife some uncured buds that didn't fit in the 9.25 jars above, and she was out cold within 5 minutes of hitting a bowl. Of course it was nearly 11pm so that's not really an indication of anything...

And speaking of smoke reports, my wife came to me confused after sampling the CBD Lemon Potion auto. She said it did nothing to her (which is to say "it did not get me high." So at least we know she can tell the difference between THC and CBD weed :). Not sure what @BeezLuiz's family sees in it, but I'm not sure I have a use for it.

I hope you all had a great weekend! :cool:
Your seedlings look so super healthy my friend! How do you do it? And all of those jars are full of bud?? How many plants is that? I want some

Your seedlings look so super healthy my friend! How do you do it? And all of those jars are full of bud?? How many plants is that? I want some
Howdy Flagg and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! Very brave to jump in on page 797 and I'm glad to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions on any growing topic and the amazing bunch of folks here will be able to answer it or point you to the best place to find out. We can even answer questions on topics such as dog training, barbecue, and relationship issues :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Those jars are full of bud right up to the lids, all from one plant: a Berry Bomb I grew (from a clone) that looked like this at harvest (with all the ties off):
full

Dry weight was 355 grams. Because I grow outside and inside, I can veg for a long time. This one vegged for 115 days and was in a 7 gallon final pot. I use ProMix HP and MegaCrop nutes.

There's not a lot going on now as I just finished up the summer grow (harvested 9 big plants in 7 weeks), so it's a great time to jump in and get a feel for the place.

Hey Shed, thanks for the link about DLI. Lots of interesting stuff. I even played around with the interactive map in the link for outdoor sun light in my area. I started my grow inside, then after a few weeks moved them outside, where they've been ever since. I have no plans on doing complete grows inside, since I have the ability to grow outside, which I could do year round if I wanted to. For me, growing outside is very enjoyable and soooooo easy. The only problem right now is the plant shuffle; putting them on the east side of the house in the morning, then moving them to the west in the afternoon. I'm probably getting about 7-9 hours of direct sun daily, which seems enough for now.

Back
Top Bottom