InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Highya ITS,

Excellent Bode! I'm glad you've found something that works for you. I don't go with beeswax for topical pain oil but I do for my skin salve made from the rest of the plant. I make that with coconut oil.
So, how do you do your topical pain oil? I've been putting mine on my knees daily and takes all the pain away for all day! Plus whatever is painful during the day, lol. Cheers

Didn’t get to talk to her till the next morning
LOL! Nothing better than a good night's rest :thumb:.
Highya ITS,
So, how do you do your topical pain oil? I've been putting mine on my knees daily and takes all the pain away for all day! Plus whatever is painful during the day, lol. Cheers
My topical is just oil with no thickeners or stiffeners. Anything you add to the oil makes it less absorbable, and therefore less effective. I use mine for my migraines and joint pain (my right big toe!), and like you said, any other surface pain I might have during the day. I don't get deep joint pain, but my wife doesn't find any pain relief from the oil for her hip. She doesn't mind the massage part though :).

I also like to keep mentioning the whole plant skin salve that I make with no THC. It's coconut oil along with roots, stems, and leaves. I cook it in a crock pot for 4 days and then I blend it with beeswax to put in push-up dispensers. It works on any skin irritation (burns, hives, scratches from your puppy's nails), and relieves bug bites longer than Benadryl spray.

-------------------------------------------

Yes, I am growing a couple of autos, so here is the Thursday update!

Amnesia Haze auto on day 48:

And DDA 2 (why am I bothering with a number when I only have one DDA?) on day 34:

They are both getting 6g/gallon MegaCrop, and I dilute that batch to roughly 4g/gallon for the clone mothers.

I hope the week is treating you well, and any weather you're experiencing doesn't present a hardship. :peace:

LOL! Nothing better than a good night's rest :thumb:.

My topical is just oil with no thickeners or stiffeners. Anything you add to the oil makes it less absorbable, and therefore less effective. I use mine for my migraines and joint pain (my right big toe!), and like you said, any other surface pain I might have during the day. I don't get deep joint pain, but my wife doesn't find any pain relief from the oil for her hip. She doesn't mind the massage part though :).

I also like to keep mentioning the whole plant skin salve that I make with no THC. It's coconut oil along with roots, stems, and leaves. I cook it in a crock pot for 4 days and then I blend it with beeswax to put in push-up dispensers. It works on any skin irritation (burns, hives, scratches from your puppy's nails), and relieves bug bites longer than Benadryl spray.

-------------------------------------------

Yes, I am growing a couple of autos, so here is the Thursday update!

Amnesia Haze auto on day 48:

And DDA 2 (why am I bothering with a number when I only have one DDA?) on day 34:

They are both getting 6g/gallon MegaCrop, and I dilute that batch to roughly 4g/gallon for the clone mothers.

I hope the week is treating you well, and any weather you're experiencing doesn't present a hardship. :peace:

Awesome! I was hoping to do something similar with trim and roots. Do you mind detailing your mixture ratios, cooking temp, which part(s) or the roots, and anything else you feel like doing?

Is your turf grass.....authentic? It looks too even. Too perfect. Beautiful though.
Like a golf course.
It's authentic turf! The only grass is pictured on the bench :).
Also...Hello!!!:ciao:
I'm from NY where we dive right into conversations without the formalities. I didn't even notice the lack of a :ciao:.
It has been Low Stress Trained for sure to get a max even canopy ;)
Low stress for me for sure!
Awesome! I was hoping to do something similar with trim and roots. Do you mind detailing your mixture ratios, cooking temp, which part(s) or the roots, and anything else you feel like doing?
I obviously made that link too subtle! The whole pictorial is here. Let me know if I left out anything you need. My only change to the original is adding more beeswax to the mix to make it stable at room temps. I still haven't done that (I keep mine in the fridge), so I don't know what the correct amount is per cup, but it's definitely more than I used.

InTheShed how much sunflower lecithin do you add to your 2 cups EVOO when making your caps? I plan on having 2 oz. later today and I was going to try making some maybe tomorrow. I remember what you said about adding it after the oil is made. Any recommendations on how to not make a mess when filling the caps ?

1 Tbs liquid sunflower lecithin per cup of oil is the recommended amount. Add it while the oil is hot (right after straining) so it will dissolve in the oil, since the damn stuff is barely "liquid" to begin with!

Making caps is done with a syringe and a capsule holding tray. I made my own from a 1x4 and a drill, but they're cheap on Amazon.
My syringes:
10ml Syringes with 14Ga 1.5'' Blunt Tip Needle and Storage Caps - Great for Glue Applicator, Oil Dispensing (Pack of 5) - $7

One type of capsule tray (00 size):
Size 00 Capsule Holding Tray by Capsuline - 100 Count - $14

1 Tbs liquid sunflower lecithin per cup of oil is the recommended amount. Add it while the oil is hot (right after straining) so it will dissolve in the oil, since the damn stuff is barely "liquid" to begin with!

Making caps is done with a syringe and a capsule holding tray. I made my own from a 1x4 and a drill, but they're cheap on Amazon.
My syringes:
10ml Syringes with 14Ga 1.5'' Blunt Tip Needle and Storage Caps - Great for Glue Applicator, Oil Dispensing (Pack of 5) - $7

One type of capsule tray (00 size):
Size 00 Capsule Holding Tray by Capsuline - 100 Count - $14
Thank you shed I just ordered the tray I already have the 12ml syringes with the 18gage blunt needle so now I will wait for the tray to be delivered to make the oil. I am making a big pot of Chili right now and it smells So good. Just to triple check myself you run the MBM at 160 degrease for 8 hours let cool over night then run it another 8 hours put the lecithin cool then in the fridge over night then make your capsules. Is that right ?

When you make it does it come out black from the cooking in the MBM I made a tincture on 160 for 8 hours and it turned black does the oil do that ?

It's authentic turf! The only grass is pictured on the bench :).

I'm from NY where we dive right into conversations without the formalities. I didn't even notice the lack of a :ciao:.

Low stress for me for sure!

I obviously made that link too subtle! The whole pictorial is here. Let me know if I left out anything you need. My only change to the original is adding more beeswax to the mix to make it stable at room temps. I still haven't done that (I keep mine in the fridge), so I don't know what the correct amount is per cup, but it's definitely more than I used.

Yep. That's better. Haha! Thanks, Shed.

Someone know a good vape oil thread? I saw one recently but now I cannot find it.
MadDab just posted one:

Back
Top Bottom