InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good evening Shed, hopefully you're still healing up well... and if ya don't mind, I have a quick question for you. On my thread awhile back you said you had a way to calibrate pH meters using salt, I believe? Just wandered if you'd be able to give me a quick tutorial on it, if you have a chance. No hurry though, you rest Bro.

Good evening Shed, hopefully you're still healing up well... and if ya don't mind, I have a quick question for you. On my thread awhile back you said you had a way to calibrate pH meters using salt, I believe? Just wandered if you'd be able to give me a quick tutorial on it, if you have a chance. No hurry though, you rest Bro.

That might have been checking a Hygrometers accuracy, if I'm remembering right.

"The most reliable way to calibrate a hygrometer is the salt test. A cap (like from a gatorade bottle) filled with table salt. Add distilled water until just before it pours over and put that in a zip lock bag with the hygrometer overnight. It should be 75% in the morning."

What farside (on the overnight shift!) said :). The salt test is for hygrometers. When I actually used a pH meter I bought calibrating solution from Amazon.

All I have today is for @CraZysWeeD ;). Here is a picture of the sediment at the bottom of my Candida EVOO infusion. You can swear from here to Botswana that it's water, but that's plant material that makes it through the screen that comes with the MB2 (190 microns). I don't have the patience to pour it through a coffee filter!

I let the oil get to room temp and shake it well before using it. I don't know what goodness might be hiding in the sludge.

Happy Friday all! :cool:

I just made some butter with the MBM2 and I agree it is sentiment. The filter bag that comes with the MBM lets some of the plant materiel through when you filter it. My butter always has a little plant matter in with the butter. It may make the taste of Cannabis come through more but I don't mind and if you are making caps with it then you wouldn't even taste it . I am glad you posted that pic shed now I know if my oil turns black it is ok. I don't like the taste when it is black but no taste with capsules.

Shizit I forgot the Lecithin this time I hope the butter will be OK :( should I re do it and maybe heat the butter up and add a little Lecithin then mix it and how much liquid sun flower lecithin should I use 1 tsp or 1 tbs. Dam it Ugh

I just made it and put it in the fridge maybe once it sets and I can get it out of the mold I will take it and reheat in the Microwave to bring it to a liquid and add some SFLO then mix real well and put it back in the mold

B-I-N-G-O
And Bingo was his name-o.

Your butter would be just fine without it, if it’s more trouble than it’s worth. The lecithin helps make it stronger, but it’s an optional ingredient. *personal opinion* I’m not a fan of putting butter in the microwave, it messes with the constitution and when you go to bake with it, you will likely end up with flat baked goods. Just my .02. In the long run, it’ll get you high, and that’s what matters most in this life. :laughtwo:

I’m not a fan of putting butter in the microwave, it messes with the constitution and when you go to bake with it, you will likely end up with flat baked goods. Just my .02
I have found this to be true, but if you put it back in the fridge to stiffen up before you mix it into your recipe it should be okay. I never had time to leave it out of the freezer long enough to come to a workable temp.

I'm revising my abbreviation after seeing that I made sunflower two words :eek: ! LSL is my new abbr.

Back
Top Bottom