InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Dirt is hard reusing it quickly turns out new stuff if not handled properly. Wounder how these big farms do it that make this dirt we buy, if they process it in any way to decontaminate the stuff going in...?

Once I turned the soil on the backside lawn in the summer house, in a month we had salad growing I never ever seen. Very tasty, outside soil can contain seeds well protected a few cm down just waiting for the right moment to break out.

Dirt is hard reusing it quickly turns out new stuff if not handled properly. Wounder how these big farms do it that make this dirt we buy, if they process it in any way to decontaminate the stuff going in...?

Once I turned the soil on the backside lawn in the summer house, in a month we had salad growing I never ever seen. Very tasty, outside soil can contain seeds well protected a few cm down just waiting for the right moment to break out.

Back when we owned a greenhouse (grew carnations, mums, gladiolas, etc), we sterilized the beds after every grow. We'd pull all the stalks/roots. Till the soil, dig two trenches down the bed, lay down some pipe the had holes drilled in it, connect it to the boilers steam line, fill back in over the pipe, cover with a tarp, and steam cook the soil for a day. Of course then you had to dig up all the pipe you put underground. Very labor intensive.

Hard pass, but thanks for the info! ;)

My grandfather lived for that "make work" kind of labor. Once my dad bought the business we quit all that silliness and started getting those types of flowers shipped in from South and Central America for the flower shop. The greenhouses were then just used for spring annuals for the yard and an occasional poinsettia crop.

Let's talk about my winter-spring-summer grows for a minute.

Here are a few knowns:
• Golden Tiger has a very very long flowering period, and @Weaselcracker has posted it as 14+ weeks, and one of his favorite strains! My seeds are regulars btw.
• I want sativa and sativa-heavy hybrids.
• I don't want any more than three flowering plants at one time.
• I have a few calls for CBD oil and salve, so I might break the three-plant rule and grow a pair of Candidas again. Or not.
• I can use the tent and the shed, but one of those will always be dark at night once the first set of plants is flipped.

In terms of timelines, I want to start grows in December, March, and May. The May start will be the summer grow, and the others will be flipped based on how big they are. Other than the GT, I'm using 70 days for outside flowering times.

To fit the GT in, it would need to be one of the three in flower through two of those grows.

Something like this is what I'm thinking, and you may not hold me to any of this should I change my mind:
Key:
GT = Golden Tiger
FP = Fruit Punch
RD = Red Dragon
CG = Colombian Gold
PSK = Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush

grow flowchart 2019-2020.JPG

Flip dates are completely dependent on veg growth rates as well as lights-off shed temps. If necessary, I could flip the GT early in the tent to keep it under control, while the other two stay warm under the lights in the shed at night.

I would rather not have four going after the May flip, but that will be determined by the need to replenish the CBD stocks.

Thoughts?

My only thought is to have something like a Durban Poison. Sativa that is very mold/ mildew resistant. Plus she's a non-hybridized landrace. Could be a fun plant.

Let's talk about my winter-spring-summer grows for a minute.

Here are a few knowns:
• Golden Tiger has a very very long flowering period, and @Weaselcracker has posted it as 14+ weeks, and one of his favorite strains! My seeds are regulars btw.
• I want sativa and sativa-heavy hybrids.
• I don't want any more than three flowering plants at one time.
• I have a few calls for CBD oil and salve, so I might break the three-plant rule and grow a pair of Candidas again. Or not.
• I can use the tent and the shed, but one of those will always be dark at night once the first set of plants is flipped.

In terms of timelines, I want to start grows in December, March, and May. The May start will be the summer grow, and the others will be flipped based on how big they are. Other than the GT, I'm using 70 days for outside flowering times.

To fit the GT in, it would need to be one of the three in flower through two of those grows.

Something like this is what I'm thinking, and you may not hold me to any of this should I change my mind:
Key:
GT = Golden Tiger
FP = Fruit Punch
RD = Red Dragon
CG = Colombian Gold
PSK = Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush

grow flowchart 2019-2020.JPG

Flip dates are completely dependent on veg growth rates as well as lights-off shed temps. If necessary, I could flip the GT early in the tent to keep it under control, while the other two stay warm under the lights in the shed at night.

I would rather not have four going after the May flip, but that will be determined by the need to replenish the CBD stocks.

Thoughts?
I'd love to see that GKxPSM... I'm sitting on a few of those as well.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom