InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thank you to everyone that helped me out earlier! The flush worked well, I am back to normal nute schedule and watering with less volume, less often with no issues. I can't believe how fast they are growing now and taking well to lots of training! Really appreciate the advice, special thanks to @InTheShed for answering my plea for help and providing me his journal for an outlet to all you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_2049114.jpg
    IMG_20191116_2049114.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20191116_2048372.jpg
    IMG_20191116_2048372.jpg
    973.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20191116_2035405.jpg
    IMG_20191116_2035405.jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20191115_2232516.jpg
    IMG_20191115_2232516.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Thank you to everyone that helped me out earlier! The flush worked well, I am back to normal nute schedule and watering with less volume, less often with no issues. I can't believe how fast they are growing now and taking well to lots of training! Really appreciate the advice, special thanks to @InTheShed for answering my plea for help and providing me his journal for an outlet to all you guys!

They look wonderful. Great job!

Thanks @Alafornia I actually have one of them with the main stem bent over after reading one of your journals and seeing you do it for the first time to even out the auxins!

Just over a week ago for comparison

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_1912165.jpg
    IMG_20191105_1912165.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
I think you got hit before I got sliced! I'm healing slowly, and I have to keep reminding myself it's not even four weeks since the surgery.

Glad to hear you're healing up Shed. My daughter had some minor PTSD last night. Called us three times at the movies cause she was scared we were in an accident. BTW, Doctor Sleep may be worth a rental, then again...

Thanks @Alafornia I actually have one of them with the main stem bent over after reading one of your journals and seeing you do it for the first time to even out the auxins!

Awesome! I haven't harvested Nikita (the White Russian plant to which you refer) yet and probably won't for another 1-2 weeks but it appears she is going to beat Northern Lights who produced 492.1 grams wet (dry weight still pending). I don't know how much is technique vs genetics because Nikita has been a monster grower, roots and all, while Westley (her sister that I nearly killed and was stunted for a while) looks about average compared to the other plants. I look forward to seeing what your girl does.

For those wondering, this was the beginning of Nikita's training: Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I've read of similar techniques being used.

Glad you are getting started on it earlier than I did.

Patience I have. I've got the rest of fall and winter to veg these indoors and out so that's no problem. I am worried about rotting the stem before the roots have a chance because the RH in the box is pegged at 99% so the soil never gets the a chance to be anything but soaked. I'm wondering if a day with a plastic bag over the leaves but with the soil open would help.

Clones day 6. Smelling a little mildew in the box so I'm going to wipe down the plastic with rubbing alcohol. What dilution of 3% H2O2 can I use on the leaves if they smell too? Or none at all?

20171022_105920.jpg
why do you cut tips of your leaves?

Awesome! I haven't harvested Nikita (the White Russian plant to which you refer) yet and probably won't for another 1-2 weeks but it appears she is going to beat Northern Lights who produced 492.1 grams wet (dry weight still pending). I don't know how much is technique vs genetics because Nikita has been a monster grower, roots and all, while Westley (her sister that I nearly killed and was stunted for a while) looks about average compared to the other plants. I look forward to seeing what your girl does.

For those wondering, this was the beginning of Nikita's training: Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I've read of similar techniques being used.

Glad you are getting started on it earlier than I did.

Yeah I read a lot about training before I started indoor growing. I spread the leaves and stems apart everyday by hand since seedling to get them more flexible and then as soon as I could tie them down I did. It's gone very well although I have broken a couple stems, always at the knuckle joint, 2 that are hopefully healing but 1 clean off so I'm no expert.

I'm trying to catch up to the end in your journal looking forward to seeing them all finish!

Plants are looking great shed that DDA looks really good!!!
Thanks Mushie! From nothing...something!
Love the colours on the DDA and those hairs pushing upwards
Thank you NS! I must say this was unexpected given its rough start in life.
Yea you are!
Your DDA is a nice hairy one Shed.
I am otter, thanks! And I don't even have to schlep them myself :).
special thanks to @InTheShed for answering my plea for help and providing me his journal for an outlet to all you guys!
Glad we were all here to help DC. :high-five:
I think there's a great thread about LST somewhere...hang on, it's in my signature!
Glad to hear you're healing up Shed. My daughter had some minor PTSD last night. Called us three times at the movies cause she was scared we were in an accident. BTW, Doctor Sleep may be worth a rental, then again...
I'm so sorry to hear that Age, even though I guess it's to be expected. I hope that the help she's getting keeps her on the path to recovery. :hug:
why do you cut tips of your leaves?
:welcome: to my perpetual grow journal Farn! I'm glad you decided to join the festivities :).

There is a theory that damage to the leaves produces a signal to the cutting that it better get rooting and quick! I do it because it's also easier to fit the leaves under the dome.
are you sure about this? I always thought that leaves dont drink water only roots or stem
What Penny said!
Leaves will take in water through the Stomata on the underside of the leaves.
Thanks PW :Namaste:
as soon as I could tie them down I did
Here's an interesting tutorial about low stress training a member here made...very informative!

Hea Shed , The plants look great man , i just can't seem to find time to get my LST tyed down seems always too much to do , Raining today maybe get down there and try some ting
It takes but a few minutes to do LST! Squeeze it in and your harvests will thank you :).

-------------------------------------

Monday update!

First off, the Berry Bomb mother looked terrible this weekend, so I thought I'd take some cuttings and see if I can get some clones off it. The stems were soft and the leaves looked feh, so I don't have my hopes up.

Roots looked okay though:

Four in one:

Out came the heat mat and thermostat, about 4 months earlier than I thought :eek:.

Next up is the lux adjustment on the Mars Hydro SP250. I bumped the watts:

and angled the light to cover the difference in heights and the burn on the Amnesia Haze top. I also angled the DDA to get some light to the lowers:

30,300 lux at the AHa top:

27,700 lux at the AHa lower:

And 39,600 lux at the top of the DDA:

This is in addition to the sunlight of approximately 120,000 lux that they get from about 8:30am-3:30pm. That's
2,760 PPFD, which translates to a DLI of 69.55. According to my chart posted back in the DLI explainer, that's well above what the plant needs in flower. Still...there are days that are overcast, so I'm balancing it out.

Moving on to the craft project from this weekend, I thought I would go back and see if I could make a @BeezLuiz pipe from a cannabis plant. Given that I only have some power tools and no workbench, I think it came out okay. It needs some final sanding (especially the bottom so it sits flat on the table) and a couple of coats of poly, but here is is so far (that's a nickle):

I'll put a screen in the bowl before it gets fired up. I found the bowl the hardest to source, as none of my plants had really large lower trunks to work with.

I hope you all had good weekends! :cool:

It takes but a few minutes to do LST! Squeeze it in and your harvests will thank you :).

-------------------------------------

Monday update!

First off, the Berry Bomb mother looked terrible this weekend, so I thought I'd take some cuttings and see if I can get some clones off it. The stems were soft and the leaves looked feh, so I don't have my hopes up.

Roots looked okay though:

Four in one:

Out came the heat mat and thermostat, about 4 months earlier than I thought :eek:.

Next up is the lux adjustment on the Mars Hydro SP250. I bumped the watts:

and angled the light to cover the difference in heights and the burn on the Amnesia Haze top. I also angled the DDA to get some light to the lowers:

30,300 lux at the AHa top:

27,700 lux at the AHa lower:

And 39,600 lux at the top of the DDA:

This is in addition to the sunlight of approximately 120,000 lux that they get from about 8:30am-3:30pm. That's
2,760 PPFD, which translates to a DLI of 69.55. According to my chart posted back in the DLI explainer, that's well above what the plant needs in flower. Still...there are days that are overcast, so I'm balancing it out.

Moving on to the craft project from this weekend, I thought I would go back and see if I could make a @BeezLuiz pipe from a cannabis plant. Given that I only have some power tools and no workbench, I think it came out okay. It needs some final sanding (especially the bottom so it sits flat on the table) and a couple of coats of poly, but here is is so far (that's a nickle):

I'll put a screen in the bowl before it gets fired up. I found the bowl the hardest to source, as none of my plants had really large lower trunks to work with.

I hope you all had good weekends! :cool:

Nice pipe. Reminds me of a Redstone
(catlinite) pipe I used to own.

Started a new journal.... Thought you'd like the name.

Love that pipe shed! If you mix some wood glue with wood scraped you can fill the edges where the bowl fits the pipe. If you then finish it it looks like one piece. Depending if you want that(it’s a matter of taste ofcourse).

it looks awesome anyway and I wish I had trunks like that to work with :eek:

think it came out okay
:eek: understatement of the month award! Even unfinished it’s a beauty :bravo:
Started a new journal.... Thought you'd like the name.
:hmmmm: that links to a journal you stared at the beginning of last year... got me hopes up that i might actually be up to date on one of your journals VG... and then...:nomo: that’s not right :hmmmm: :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom