InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Nothing worse than finding dong hairs on the bud. The early days of the gerbil wang measurement method often led to increased need for bud washing.
This made my day sir. As a reward you receive 2 bags of poofs!

Hey shedster. Have a great weekend bro. When you flip early March do you still bring plants back in at night or do you leave them out?
When I flip in early March the plants will come in at night as they do now, but they'll go into total darkness for 12 hours until I take them out in the morning, rather than in the tent for more hours of light (they're on 20/4 now). That's how I flip all my plants except the ones that flip themselves during the summer.
Speaking of piss... I have some pretty unique genetics from Jordan of the Island...Gods Unicorn Piss...lol
“A truly magical cannabis variety, God’s Unicorn Piss is a pairing of our award winning God Bud with Chris Crazy & Super Dave Genetics Unicorn Piss -The Blueprint X Sour Diesel. The astringent flavors and aromas are overwhelming and not to everyone’s liking. God’s Unicorn Piss is a fast flowering, above average yielding, medium sized marijuana plant. New grower friendly, it can be grown indoors or outdoors.”
As only god can make unicorn piss, it seems fitting!
This made my day sir. As a reward you receive 2 bags of poofs!
And a genuine signed copy of the gerbil wang ruler from the love tub?

The Monday morning update has arrived!

Okay, so nothing much to speak of happens with plants this age. But since it's been a while I thought I would remind everyone that there is a winter grow going on.

Herewith is the state of the plants...

Purple Skunk Krush 1 (day 28):

Purple Skunk Krush 2 (day 28):

You can see how tight the nodes are and how bushy these are, with very big fan leaves. It better skinny up in flower! They do have very solid trunks though.

Fruit Punch day 31:

Golden Tiger 1 day 31 (nice comeback from a rocky start!):

And finally, the well-trained Golden Tiger 2 day 31:

None of these are showing sex yet (only the FP is a fem), but I already have roots showing at the holes in the bottom of the pots, and I will only be up-potting the three that I'll be flowering (assuming I get a female of the PSK and GT!). So I will keep waiting for signs.

The plan is to top them (except the LST GT2) to around 12-14" tall (and clone the tops), and then keep the top flat while the lowers catch up. Similar to the way I trained the DTF this summer:
20190905_083820 DTF.jpg

The weather has been chilly in the shade, but with the sun out they've been getting about 6 hours a day. And on the topic of hours of sun/day, let's get wonky for a bit and calculate the DLI for them!

Using my measurement of 133,000 lux at noon back on the solstice, let's use a daytime average of 90,000 from 9am to 3pm. 90M lux from the sun is 1,665 PPFD (from here), and 1,665 PPFD for 6 hours is a DLI of 35.96 (from here). And as we know from the chart here, 36 is great for early veg. Of course, this doesn't even count the additional PPFD they get in the tent under the MarsHydro SP250.

Once they get bigger and closer to flip, the DLI requirements will increase, and so I'll be bumping the wattage in the tent to make up the difference.

That's it for me...some plants, some science, and good wishes for your week ahead!

:peace:

Nice update,Shed- Beautiful plants!
6 hours a day is all the sun that Cheese of mine got,and she did pretty well...
I ordered me a light meter,so I'll need to learn about DLI...right now,I measure light intensity with the "wow,that's bright!" method.... :)

Using my measurement of 133,000 lux at noon back on the solstice, let's use a daytime average of 90,000 from 9am to 3pm. 90M lux from the sun is 1,665 PPFD (from here), and 1,665 PPFD for 6 hours is a DLI of 35.96 (from here). And as we know from the chart here, 36 is great for early veg. Of course, this doesn't even count the additional PPFD they get in the tent under the MarsHydro SP250.
I did this one lux 83,000 PPFD 1012.6 @12 hours = 43.74 and the chart is asking for about 22 ! Did I do this right ?

Nice update,Shed- Beautiful plants!
6 hours a day is all the sun that Cheese of mine got,and she did pretty well...
I ordered me a light meter,so I'll need to learn about DLI...right now,I measure light intensity with the "wow,that's bright!" method....
Thanks carcass! Your method works well too but I already bought the meter. :thumb:
Go GT#1.
Nicely done!
:thanks: MrS!
Love it Shed, happy to see that 12" ruler!
You have to measure Golden Tiger horizontally!
Funny, I did consider grabbing a tape measure for that one ;).
I did this one lux 83,000 PPFD 1012.6 @12 hours = 43.74 and the chart is asking for about 22 ! Did I do this right ?
In flower, the chart is looking for 25 to 40 as DLI, so you are set all the way to harvest! Or did you want me to actually check your math?

Thanks carcass! Your method works well too but I already bought the meter. :thumb:

:thanks: MrS!

Funny, I did consider grabbing a tape measure for that one ;).

In flower, the chart is looking for 25 to 40 as DLI, so you are set all the way to harvest! Or did you want me to actually check your math?
I followed your instructions to the tee , so it’s right ! Ill go find what lux I need for 25DLI . Another chart for the wall ! Been trying the vpn again but I’m all over the place .

Will this be a big nug? My Strawberry cheesecake auto day 30
Could be! It's all a waiting game until they're pretty late in flower. What do you think of my month-old babies?
I followed your instructions to the tee , so it’s right ! Ill go find what lux I need for 25DLI . Another chart for the wall ! Been trying the vpn again but I’m all over the place .
As long as you made sure to take your light temperature into account when you converted lux to PPFD...

Back
Top Bottom