InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sorry to hear that. :( Especially since you have about the most labor-intensive system around. With all the bugs and rot and lifting and such do you ever consider just going indoor?

No one would appreciate a free great big ball of fire glowing in the sky more than me so I see your point and yes in The Golden State your outdoor window is much longer so I get it but my electricity bill was only $103 last month. But I am sure you have charts and graphs and articles and links why outdoors is superior so I concede in advance. :p

Not with that great big ball of fire glowing in the sky most days of the year! Lifting is easy now in 7 gallons and the bugs and rot are just part of the deal.

5 gallons is bout my weight limit for carrying things plant wise when ferrying between inside and out. Suppose lessening my plant count would go long way to in reducing wear and tear as well on the back... :laugh:

I've got Armor Si which is potassium silicate (no curdling needed). I'll give it a test! Thanks Smeegol.

Interesting study on potassium silicate and PM done here (if you believe in science I mean):
https://bsppjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-3059.2011.02518.x
Abstract:
The area under the disease progress curve was reduced by 65% and 73% in the foliar and root treatments, respectively, compared to control plants, as a consequence of reductions in infection efficiency, colony expansion rate, colony area, conidial production and disease progress rate. However, root application of PS was more effective than foliar application in reducing most of the epidemic components, except for infection efficiency. This can be explained by the high Si concentration in leaf tissues with root application, in contrast to the foliar treatment where Si was only deposited on the external leaf surfaces. The effects of PS reported in this study demonstrated that powdery mildew of melon can be controlled, and that the best results can be achieved when PS is supplied to the roots.

Interesting, because I don't use PS along with my MC, but @farside05 does!

----------------------------------

Friday shelter-in-place update! Cloudy at the moment but it was sunny earlier, so the plants are all outside for now. Staying with the powdery mildew discussion for a minute, I pulled the clone mothers out of the garage today (for the first time in a few days) and they were all getting PM, so I thought I would run a test of three products: neem oil, castille soap, and SAGFF.

At this point I can tell you that the castille soap dried first, the neem second, and the SAGFF took a long time. I can also tell you that the first two eliminated most visual signs of PM, where the SAGFF leaves look the same as before spraying. I will see how they look in the morning.

If the SAGFF plant is still covered I will spray it with potassium silicate and see how that does. For science!

About the same, thanks for asking (day 15):

The two AF-47's (day 17) are close to level with each other in height now. Here are the spring three:

That's all I've got today. I'll get some pics of the GT and FP tomorrow so you can see how they look on flip day 19.
:peace: and stay healthy.

Good to know, I got rocked by PM in the summer. Funny I never noticed it my whole life until it showed up on my pot plants. All of a sudden I noticed it all over my yard on crab grass and in every damn plant and tree!

You could build a designated growing Shed!
Haha! Just kidding you do great! Hope you and the family are keeping well brother
Thanks Dutch! A growing shed sounds like an excellent idea. :thumb:

Be well up there.

awesome journal mate, you've got a wicked sense of humour
Thanks Lapida, and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! I'd start a new journal but I'm out of allowed lines in my signature. ;)

My sense of humor was honed in NYC where I was born and lived until I was 30, so it's a bit dry. It's nice that some of it actually comes across :cheesygrinsmiley:.
5 gallons is bout my weight limit for carrying things plant wise when ferrying between inside and out. Suppose lessening my plant count would go long way to in reducing wear and tear as well on the back...
After back surgery a 5 gallon pot must seem like an anvil, so I'm glad you can handle that.
Good to know, I got rocked by PM in the summer. Funny I never noticed it my whole life until it showed up on my pot plants. All of a sudden I noticed it all over my yard on crab grass and in every damn plant and tree!
I'm not swearing by the silica spray yet, as the leaves and branch I did look about the same as yesterday. Either my Armor Si isn't as concentrated as @Smeegol's or my PM just isn't phased by it. Looks like I'll be making Amy's LABs this week!

I took off the top of the It's It Punch today, on flip day 63:

Before:

After:

I washed it in H2O2 about 1:4 with water (because PM) and hung it up to dry. Here is it after four hours in the shade:

I did a light trim on it:

And now it's in a copy paper box cracked open for some air. Nothing fancy with holes and fans though. The rest of the plant will get chopped later this week.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Back
Top Bottom