InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Nice update,Shed!
Nice job controlling the GT-she looks like she could get away
from you in a couple days,if you didn't stay after it...
This stay at home thing makes it easier to keep a closer eye on things, eh?:(

I was thinking this morning about how us growers are lucky that we have something
to keep us sorta busy during our extended stays at home..
You can only watch sooo much Netflix...
Much easier to stay occupied with these plants to take care of! And the GT is taking the brunt of being "taken care of"!
So what are we thinking we can use in Flower???
Green cleaner?
Safer Soap?
No on Neem....effects taste?
No on Alcohol kills tric's?
For bugs or for PM? You shouldn't have either indoors but which do you mean? For bugs in flower I go with the Dr Bronners unscented castille soap spray. Doesn't affect the pistils at that dilution (or the trichs) and kills bugs. I also use Spinosad in flower for the c-word (in case VG happens by). Spinosad works on most bugs, but not mites, and should only be used 6x per plant. I also would stop 2 weeks before harvest to allow it to degrade.

For PM? A work in progress...

Hey,shed- You probably did,but I've gotta ask -have you tried h2o2 on the pm?

The only product that comes to mind that doesnt have the oil in it would be
Doctor zymes I can’t remember if it controls pm or not I’m pretty sure it does. But I do know it handles critters fairly well. Been awhile since I worked at the grow shop but I was lucky to be able to try so many products there. I did use green cleaner for pm way back when and while it didn’t eradicate completely it got me thru to harvest ok.

Found the Bronners
Do u remember the ratio you mix it at?

They recommend 1 tablespoon of Castile soap in 1 quart of water, but for some reason they then say 5 tablespoons in 1 gallon, which doesn't math up correctly.
Hey,shed- You probably did,but I've gotta ask -have you tried h2o2 on the pm?
I tried that last summer, from 50/50 to straight-up 3%. Didn't work for me.
The only product that comes to mind that doesnt have the oil in it would be
Doctor zymes I can’t remember if it controls pm or not I’m pretty sure it does. But I do know it handles critters fairly well. Been awhile since I worked at the grow shop but I was lucky to be able to try so many products there. I did use green cleaner for pm way back when and while it didn’t eradicate completely it got me thru to harvest ok.
Thanks shotta!

Wednesday update, and it's time to catch up on the spring three!

Here they are this morning, AF-47's on the left (day 21), Carnival on the right (day 20):

SaugaView®:

Carnival has finally started to grow out of its funky leaf thing!

Aww look...it's baby's first deficiency!

I'll be bumping those two to 3g/gallon of MC for the next watering.

Hope you're all still healthy!

80% RH at soil level, which doesn't help with the PM.
I would imagine! It also won’t be helping them to transpire the way they need to... can you add some air extraction? (Or add more if you have some already)
Some swear by milk sprayed on plants to kill PM.

The LABs is cultured from milk, so it’s the sae stuff that does the work, juts in a refined form and it doesn’t smell - in fact, it kills odors!
do believe it shrivels pistils.
Yes - I think the Green Cleaner does that a little bit too

Sorry...ya the Mite BORG I have now
And Green Cleaner works for mites (one of its main purposes) and is fine to use in flower. I had to do it outside last year and it worked well.
Think it was norcali who first recommended it too me :thumb:

I would imagine! It also won’t be helping them to transpire the way they need to... can you add some air extraction? (Or add more if you have some already)
I've got a 4" extraction fan (tent is 2x4x6 or 48 ft³) that I am going to turn around to blow air in from the top and down out of the two open lower flaps. I probably should have gotten a 6 or 8"!
The LABs is cultured from milk, so it’s the sae stuff that does the work, juts in a refined form and it doesn’t smell - in fact, it kills odors!
And the rice wash water is sitting on the counter, but given the ambient house temps in the mid-60s, this is going to be a long process.
And Green Cleaner works for mites (one of its main purposes) and is fine to use in flower. I had to do it outside last year and it worked well.
But it's 39% oil! If I recommended the Dr Bronners at 1qt/gallon no one would ever try it.

I think I'll go with 1:3 skim milk:water this afternoon and see how that goes.

I know - and I’d never even considered that, just trusted what they say that it is safe in flower and do3snt harm trichs. SO maybe that concentraion of oil would be bd in a differnt circumstance. Maybe there’s something else it the Green Cleaner that makes the oil not an issue (like alcohol or something).

In any case - clearly it ‘s not just the concentration of oil that can cause a problem. :) Must be the entire make up.
given the ambient house temps in the mid-60s, this is going to be a long process.
On top of the stereo? (With adequate water barrier of course...) Or, to of the fridge can be a little warmer...

Highya ITS,

I was going to mention about using dilute milk, but I see you are going to use that, already. I remember @SweetSue used that in the past with good results. Hope you find relief soon, lol. I don't know what pm will do if left untreated, but I hate to see and nice cannabis lady harmed with any maladies. Cheers

Just a quick note for those like @Amy Gardner, who make and use LABS. After your first batch, you can speed up the process by for going the rice wash. Add a table spoon of your previous batch to a cup of water and add that to a quart of milk and in about 4 days you will be ready to remove the cheese and strain the next batch.

The purpose of the rice wash is to collect free range LB from the air, if you already have the serum, no need to collect new LB from the air.

Just a quick note for those like @Amy Gardner, who make and use LABS. After your first batch, you can speed up the process by for going the rice wash. Add a table spoon of your previous batch to a cup of water and add that to a quart of milk and in about 4 days you will be ready to remove the cheese and strain the next batch.

The purpose of the rice wash is to collect free range LB from the air, if you already have the serum, no need to collect new LB from the air.
Awesome tip! :circle-of-love: i will have that added to my picture guide for making it (attributed to the celt!). Thanks so much :)

Yes I’ve @SweetSue use LABS before
I'm pretty sure she has not :hmmmm:
Emilya, Merry Anna, Conradino, they all make and use LABs (Or used to anyway - Con still does, haven’t seen E mention it in ages, and Merry Anna has been gone for the longest time...)
dilute milk, ...I remember @SweetSue used that in the past with good results.
Yes she has - skim milk it was. Not as prone to being smellly.

LABs is even better if a person has the time to make it. It’s a great household thing so i always try to have some in the fridge - never know when it will come in handy! (Killing smells, unblocking drains, Killing powdery mildew, adding beneficial microbes to soil and leaf, accelerating compost... :nomo:

ambient house temps in the mid-60s, this is going to be a long process.
Sit it on top of the water heater?
Unless you've got an "on demand" type...

Back
Top Bottom