InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Now that's a pity about the mothers...

Rooting for the golden tiger cup though. Actually very cool and I expect it to be might tall.

"PM is on the bigger plants, but these got killed from the roots up. The stems are hollowed out "Talking about the stems being hollowed out = why do healthy plants sometimes have this issue ? I've seen both but plant seems fine .

I read somewhere that it’s related to calcium deficiency.

If you can get silica in your grow medium, it makes the plants more resistant to fungal infections.

Love the silica. Excellent for high heat and drought tolerance also. Essential where I grow.

"The stems are hollowed out "Talking about the stems being hollowed out = why do healthy plants sometimes have this issue ? I've seen both but plant seems fine .
This is a condition called "Pith Autolysis" and is not really an indication of any deficiencies. The plant stores carbon reserves in the pith, which is the soft, spongy center of the stems. When the pith is gone, it's an indication that the plant was feeding on its own carbon reserves. Some plants are just prone to this condition but other causes can be low CO2 in the environment, or too many plants for the available CO2. When there's low CO2, the plant can't get the carbon it needs, so it feeds on its own pith. :Namaste:

I just stroked the stems of my vegging indica and my fingers smell like pine! must be the pinene. :eek: o_O :yahoo:

I love the pine smell!! I live in Maine in a pine forest, and wouldn't smell like home without it!! So, I found some Brothers Grimm Apollo 13 seeds (regular). One of the terpenes is pinene!! How nice! Happy Smokin'

First is that what started killing my mother plants last year is back, and this time I didn't catch it in time with the H2O2 to cure it. The DTF mother looked like this last Thursday but is basically dead today:
Man, that is a bit of gut punch, what a shame. I wonder if any Neem meal would help mixed in with the soil, altho you probably got some mixed in anyway. I had a fungus that attacked my plant's stems a couple of years ago that I diagnosed as Fusarium Wilt, there's a similar fungal disease that can go for the roots. The general advice was to chuck out the soil and start again but I didn't want to lose all the good shit I put into it, so instead I got some Neem meal and mixed that in between grows. I don't know if that addressed the previous year's fungus problem, but last season's grow in the same containers amended with Neem Meal didn't have that problem. Altho my gut feeling is that the rampant fungal attack may have resulted from being too conservative and failing to provide enough nutrition to the plants for which I gave more generously last season. Just my 2 cents. :hmmmm:

Shed, I get such a kick out of your shenanigans. From solo cup to big gulp. LMAO! Do you just sit around looking at shit and think, "Hey I can grow a plant in that!" :Rasta:
Outrageous!:thumb:

Did everyone see this?

Highya ITS,

Hope you're okay!?! Missing the entertainment! :D Happy Smokin'

More apologies about my scarceness! I've been covering a few different jobs at work lately (for the furloughed folks), and I'm still sorting through my dad's paperwork. I'll start getting back here more this weekend. Thanks for hanging around.
:Namaste:

Now that's a pity about the mothers...
Rooting for the golden tiger cup though. Actually very cool and I expect it to be might tall.
Thanks DK! The last one I did was in the closet, but this one will have room in the tent to get as tall as it wants.
"PM is on the bigger plants, but these got killed from the roots up. The stems are hollowed out "Talking about the stems being hollowed out = why do healthy plants sometimes have this issue ? I've seen both but plant seems fine .
I have had some plants with a hollow center, but this dead mother was much more hollow than that. I'll get some pics before I toss it.
Now I'm gonna have to take a clone and grow it up tall in a 7 up cup.
Yeah you will!
If you can get silica in your grow medium, it makes the plants more resistant to fungal infections.
I'm sensing you own stock in a silica mine Celt!
I had a fungus that attacked my plant's stems a couple of years ago that I diagnosed as Fusarium Wilt, there's a similar fungal disease that can go for the roots.
I've lost a few plants to fusarium, but it started in the roots rather than on the stems. Whatever I could save from those plants went to topicals.
I don't know if that addressed the previous year's fungus problem, but last season's grow in the same containers amended with Neem Meal didn't have that problem.
I'd toss anything with fungus in it rather than try to re-use it, but that's coming from a guy who just bought three 2.2 cu.ft. bags of ProMix HP on sale!
This is a condition called "Pith Autolysis" and is not really an indication of any deficiencies. The plant stores carbon reserves in the pith, which is the soft, spongy center of the stems. When the pith is gone, it's an indication that the plant was feeding on its own carbon reserves. Some plants are just prone to this condition but other causes can be low CO2 in the environment, or too many plants for the available CO2. When there's low CO2, the plant can't get the carbon it needs, so it feeds on its own pith.
You are always full of great information Mr. Krip. :thanks:
Hemp wick.
You're holding up a light over your plants with hemp wick? Oooookay!
Did everyone see this?
Thanks Felipe!
Highya ITS,
Hope you're okay!?! Missing the entertainment! Happy Smokin'
I thought I was the entertainment! I'm missing all sorts of stuff not being here, so catch me up :).

How about a @Weedseedsexpress Thursday update!

Here are the summer grow plants on day 9:

Power Plant, which came up about 6 hours after the Chocolope, is pulling ahead. The toothpicks are there because we've had some windy days lately.

Here is the SaugaView® of each...

Chocolope:

Power Plant:

They're getting about 1.5g/gallon of MegaCrop plus mixed in diatomaceous earth.

And because I promised that I would show you the most recent cuttings, here they are. DTF is a goner :( :

Stay healthy my friends!

-------------------------------------------
Hope things slow down for you soon.
Thanks Penny, I'd much rather be here than working!
No but I do a LOT of research and my soils get a healthy dose of DE for the past few years and have not had bud rot or PM since
You've been preaching the silica gospel going back to even before you became The Celt!

Back
Top Bottom