InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sounds like you've got a full plate this week-
Thanks for the nice update,Shed-
Those seedlings look great!
My clone is looking about like your DTF- I guess they can't all be gems!

How about a @Weedseedsexpress Thursday update!

Here are the summer grow plants on day 9:

Power Plant, which came up about 6 hours after the Chocolope, is pulling ahead. The toothpicks are there because we've had some windy days lately.

Here is the SaugaView® of each...

Chocolope:

Power Plant:

They're getting about 1.5g/gallon of MegaCrop plus mixed in diatomaceous earth.

And because I promised that I would show you the most recent cuttings, here they are. DTF is a goner :( :

Stay healthy my friends!

-------------------------------------------

Thanks Penny, I'd much rather be here than working!

You've been preaching the silica gospel going back to even before you became The Celt!
Chocolope is on my bucket list, will be a pleasure watching her grow :yummy:

How about a @Weedseedsexpress Thursday update!

Here are the summer grow plants on day 9:
Off they go!! Looks healthy Shed! Keep up the great work you do!

Highya ITS,

I thought I was the entertainment! I'm missing all sorts of stuff not being here, so catch me up :).
That's what I meant. You are the entertainment!

On a side note, talking about silica, I harvest some spring horsetail (silica) and put into my veg tonic given to the little ladies. Happy Entertainin'

This is a condition called "Pith Autolysis" and is not really an indication of any deficiencies. The plant stores carbon reserves in the pith, which is the soft, spongy center of the stems. When the pith is gone, it's an indication that the plant was feeding on its own carbon reserves. Some plants are just prone to this condition but other causes can be low CO2 in the environment, or too many plants for the available CO2. When there's low CO2, the plant can't get the carbon it needs, so it feeds on its own pith. :Namaste:
This make sense , my grow is in a building with one small fan blowing and there is a crowd with 3 plants . Thanks Krip :passitleft:

This make sense , my grow is in a building with one small fan blowing and there is a crowd with 3 plants . Thanks Krip :passitleft:
Glad to "Shed" some light on the subject, and speaking of light....

Another possible cause (I should have mentioned in my original response!) is low light conditions. When there's not enough light, the plant can't photosynthesize so it can't convert the CO2 and will end up feeding on the pith, too.

Good morning Shed. :high-five:

I hope you don’t mind if I ask a question here, since your journal has so much more traffic than mine..

I’m going to take some cuttings so I can force them to show gender. Does anyone know if clones will root and show gender at the same time, or do I need to wait until they show roots to reduce light?

Good morning Shed. :high-five:

I hope you don’t mind if I ask a question here, since your journal has so much more traffic than mine..

I’m going to take some cuttings so I can force them to show gender. Does anyone know if clones will root and show gender at the same time, or do I need to wait until they show roots to reduce light?
They will almost always need to root and go through a short veg period (10-14 days, or so) before they show sex, even if you give them 12/12 of light from the start.

I have sad news to report. My dad passed away this weekend. When he started turning down both my chocolate chip cookies and my wife's home cooking I had a feeling it wouldn't be long, and it wasn't. He went in his sleep with no discomfort, and I had a chance to talk and sing to him a few hours earlier. The staff said that from his response he seemed like he wanted to sing along. What more could I ask for at the end of his long and wonderful life. He was kind and loving and cared so much about his/my family that my kids couldn't have asked for a better grandpa. I loved him immensely and we will all miss him. :love:

Shed, sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences go out to you and family. Sorry, I'm late, just went back to read what I missed :love:

Good morning Shed! :high-five:

In case you missed it, here’s one of my hempy Berry Bombs in about 20 gallons of perlite.
84020F0B-7C6E-40A5-9E7E-07DB2884309A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom