InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

My clone is looking about like your DTF- I guess they can't all be gems!
Take a cutting off a dying plant and get a dying cutting, that's what I always say. I think I will re-clone once a year from now on.
@Weedseedsexpress beans really taking off. Nicely done!
Thanks! I have to say they do look pretty good, but I think that's more genetics than me. :)
Looking very healthy Shed!
Thanks Felipe!
Chocolope is on my bucket list, will be a pleasure watching her grow
Same for the bucket list chocolope. I will be watching.
Uh oh, the pressure is on. :nervous-guy:
Lovely to see you updating again Shed, we Shedsters need the daily dosage of cannabis perfection!
Perfection? My dead DTF and Candida mothers might have another idea...
Off they go!! Looks healthy Shed! Keep up the great work you do!
Just showing off your goods. :thumb:
You are the entertainment!
LOL!
I harvest some spring horsetail
I might have to put some horsetail in the planter outside the kitchen door.
low light condition
Interesting. This seems to happen when they stay in the garage for a week under just the CFL's because of the outside weather. Thanks again!
Shed the baby's look Nice !
Thank you sb! It's a good thing these are growing well, because they will flip themselves on June 21st, and I like plants I can just barely carry. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks for confirming Krip! That’s what I suspected.
Yes!
hey guys whats up
More social distancing, hbu?
Shed, sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences go out to you and family. Sorry, I'm late, just went back to read what I missed :love:
Thank you MsBean. No one is late here, and I appreciate your thoughts.
Good morning Shed!
In case you missed it, here’s one of my hempy Berry Bombs is about 20 gallons of perlite.
That's gonna be a great fall harvest Felipe! Looks terrific.

Good morning Shed! :high-five:

In case you missed it, here’s one of my hempy Berry Bombs is about 20 gallons of perlite.
84020F0B-7C6E-40A5-9E7E-07DB2884309A.jpeg
How do you feed a plant in 100% perlite?

I'll be working my way back to you...
No pressure. I know you are really busy and I am patient.
Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you.
For some reason when I find myself missing you, I find myself listening to The Stones.

All your hempy questions are answered at the Hempy Headquarters!

It’s a great read, and if you are truly interested, you would certainly benefit from going through the HQ thread. But very briefly (and not to hijack Shed’s journal), I use MegaCrop and supplement with CALiMAGic and ProteKt.

Mix up your solution, pour it into the perlite (I like to put my finger over the hole - you know about the hole, right? - until the solution is about 2” above the hole, and then let go - it really flushes out the reservoir) until there’s a good flow out of the hole (aim for 10 - 15% runoff). Repeat every couple of days (or daily during flower). That’s it! Very easy. Try it! You might like it.

Lovely to see you updating again Shed, we Shedsters need the daily dosage of cannabis perfection! :rollit:
I prefer to be known as a Shedite :)
How about a @Weedseedsexpress Thursday update!

Here are the summer grow plants on day 9:

Power Plant, which came up about 6 hours after the Chocolope, is pulling ahead. The toothpicks are there because we've had some windy days lately.

Here is the SaugaView® of each...

Chocolope:

Power Plant:

They're getting about 1.5g/gallon of MegaCrop plus mixed in diatomaceous earth.

And because I promised that I would show you the most recent cuttings, here they are. DTF is a goner :( :

Stay healthy my friends!

-------------------------------------------

Thanks Penny, I'd much rather be here than working!

You've been preaching the silica gospel going back to even before you became The Celt!
They are nice looking plants Shed. You've had a few say it already but the Chocolope is a strain I've always wanted to run.

Do us proud!

Since the topic these days seems to be death and destruction, let's take a quick look at the mother plants. Here are the DTF and Candida before I threw them out this morning:

I wanted to take a look a the innards of the DTF, so I cut it down. Looks normal to me, and it resisted my thumbnail when I tried to score it:

And one of the branches:

I checked the roots and they were brown with no white to be found. Keep in mind that these were cut about a year ago and went into the 1g cloth pots in September, so they were root bound as well. If I want to keep mothers around I should probably do root pruning on a regular basis.

Finally, here is the Sour G after I ran about 24 ounces of straight H2O2 through it. I had to do some root coring with a BBQ stick to make sure it soaked all the way through:

As I think I mentioned, I have another couple of DTF seeds and Candida clones, but I don't think I have any more of the Sour G, so I'd like to keep this alive in case the cuttings don't root.

Strange days indeed!

Is that because you find the need for more silica?

Yes. The K in MC v1 is low enough that I can add 3ml/gal of ProteKt, which gives 68ppm Si. The silica is essential for my outdoor grows because it provides heat and drought tolerance, and bug resistance.

Highya ITS,

I'm wondering what roots look like of a regular female after she's died for awhile? Your lady's pith looks fine. I wonder what signals she trows out that her roots are deteriating? That's enough wondering for now. Still great entertainment here!! You and VG! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom