InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hmmm...6 more posts before the page break so here is the Friday update!

Let's lead off with the @Weedseedsexpress (website here) plants, which have great root growth and will be transplanted tomorrow. I'll have pics of that this weekend, but in the meantime...

The summer grow, day 17. Chocolope left, Power Plant right:

Chocolope:

Power Plant:

Moving right along to the hermaphrodite AF-47:

I stripped all the lower growth to make it easier to find the male flowers, which I remove at least twice a day. I also spray it down with water morning and evening. Will it stop producing new pollen sacs when stretch is finished or do I need to be watching this plant for 9 weeks?

Also, notice that the main trunk has pulled the binder clip clear of the pot, which is why some folks highly (and constantly) recommend grommets.

On to the Carnival, which is getting close to flippable size. Here it is on day 85:

SaugaView®:

@Baron Von Blurple's fave, the Big Gulp Golden Tiger, flip day 11:

And last for the day, the previously mentioned Candida clones:

That's it for me today. Warm and grey today but still putting out 50M lux+ so outside is where they are. I hope you are all warm and sunny where you are.
:peace:
[FACEPALM ]

That's it for me today.

:green_heart:
Great to see those updates again Shed, missed them so much its hard to describe its part of ones ritual to have your updates with morning coffee.

Up for a Candida run again are we? I want to find a nice Sativa/Cbd strain now and maybe another SB like one as well. Got very bad experience with Candida with my first grow of her, got the feeling when growing her she is not suited for tent grow... and I would like to have a small THC amount with it. Remember Candida worked very well mixed with White-strains like Widow and even Kush, but optimal is if the CBD strian contains some THC in their genes for me anyway.

Any tasting of GT yet? Or is your son already rolling her up? :laughtwo::cool:

Crazy days here in Los Angeles, along with many other cities in the US. When protests shift to looting, it's a fine line between commerce and chaos. When do we go back to paying for stuff when all you need is a hammer and a crowd?

Looking good shed. Did I see some version of 2 clones one cup?
LOL! Thanks Reeve. I almost always put two cuttings in each cup, and split them when the roots get full.
[FACEPALM ]
Anything for you Baron.
Great to see those updates again Shed, missed them so much its hard to describe its part of ones ritual to have your updates with morning coffee.
Aww...thanks Crazy! I wish I was back sitting at my desk all day at the office and everything went back to normal again.
Up for a Candida run again are we?
Not really. I still have bags of Candida. These are for my seedmaking project, as the Candida seeds have been hard for folks to find lately.
Remember Candida worked very well mixed with White-strains like Widow and even Kush, but optimal is if the CBD strain contains some THC in their genes for me anyway.
I'm a firm believer in mixing for the best effect, so a pure CBD strain can be ground up (or oil-blended) with the THC strain of your choice in whatever ratio works for you at that point in time. Things change, and so can your mix.
Any tasting of GT yet? Or is your son already rolling her up?
Har...not yet! The only thing that's been smoked was about 4 grams of tester buds within a day or two of harvest. It's been just over two weeks from chop, so another week of burping and then into jars for a month. The testers were harsh, green, and hit behind eyes :cheesygrinsmiley:. But the Fruit Punch should be ready for smoking in a couple of weeks.
hey shed, when should i stop LST the plants?
i've realized the with the ongoing lignification of the plants they didint adjust to lst anymore so i guess i should stop here.
and another question, when do you take the ties off?
at the very end or before?
ty
I stop most LST for a photo when the canopy is even and I'm ready to flip. As it goes through stretch I will adjust the ties to make sure nothing gets too far ahead of the rest though. For an auto I stop training when they're in full flower.

And I hardly ever take the ties off unless I'm having a hard time getting underneath to trim the lowers. Then I'll re-tie them.
Hi Shed, I can't help but love the big gulp! she's getting some nice structure.
Thanks otter! It has the look of a seed plant even though it's a clone. It gets water every day, and sometimes morning and afternoon on the hot days.
Hey shed!! Just rolling on through! Hope you and family are doing okay!!
Thanks Backlip! We're getting by and getting on each other's nerves just a little bit more now ;). Sorry I missed your blessed event with my absence here, but I will stop by to say congratulations. I hope mom, baby, big sister, and you are all doing well!
Beautiful looking plants Shed. Lovely looking weather too! Stay well.
Thank you MrS! You as well.
Just want to say HI and the plants look Good even Hermie
Hermie is a lot of work, but looks and smells great! If we weren't on lockdown I would have culled it and tossed it in the salve bin by now. I do Balzac removal at least 3x a day now.

How about a quick late Sunday night update, since there's only so many hours I can spend watching looting and fires! We also had an old-fashioned SoCal car chase tonight. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I transplanted both of the summer grow plants yesterday (day 18), so let's show them off. These two are courtesy of @Weedseedsexpress, and they're doing rather nicely!

Here are the roots on the Chocolope:

And here they are on the Power Plant:

Power Plant is taller but didn't have the root system that the shorter Chcocolope did, so I lost some of the soil in the process. Still...it didn't miss a beat!

Here they are together in their dripping new homes:

It's been pretty windy here in the afternoons, and the Chocolope seemed a bit wobbly, so I went with a full BBQ stick cross support matrix. Power Plant just got the bendy wire things.

I have probably mentioned that these get light 24/0 because they are under the CFL all night. The Chocolope droops by 10pm and is perky in the morning, but the Power Plant's top leaves are always standing straight up!

I hope you all had a good weekend. It was an odd one here with the protests, looting, fires, curfew, and the fact that we picked up all my dad's belongings this morning, and they are in our own version of quarantine for a few days.

Here's to a better week ahead. :peace:

Thanks Backlip! We're getting by and getting on each other's nerves just a little bit more now ;). Sorry I missed your blessed event with my absence here, but I will stop by to say congratulations. I hope mom, baby, big sister, and you are all doing well!
Not a problem at all. You’ve been busy, (I don’t know for sure, just heard through the grape vine) with coming down with the sickness. You take care of you and your family first and foremost!! :ciao:

How about a quick late Sunday night update, since there's only so many hours I can spend watching looting and fires! We also had an old-fashioned SoCal car chase tonight. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I transplanted both of the summer grow plants yesterday (day 18), so let's show them off. These two are courtesy of @Weedseedsexpress, and they're doing rather nicely!

Here are the roots on the Chocolope:

And here they are on the Power Plant:

Power Plant is taller but didn't have the root system that the shorter Chcocolope did, so I lost some of the soil in the process. Still...it didn't miss a beat!

Here they are together in their dripping new homes:

It's been pretty windy here in the afternoons, and the Chocolope seemed a bit wobbly, so I went with a full BBQ stick cross support matrix. Power Plant just got the bendy wire things.

I have probably mentioned that these get light 24/0 because they are under the CFL all night. The Chocolope droops by 10pm and is perky in the morning, but the Power Plant's top leaves are always standing straight up!

I hope you all had a good weekend. It was an odd one here with the protests, looting, fires, curfew, and the fact that we picked up all my dad's belongings this morning, and they are in our own version of quarantine for a few days.

Here's to a better week ahead. :peace:
Look at that! My week's already better having read this Shed! Thanks bro!

Hello Shed and all :passitleft: I have a question. Why are some buds covered in pistils and some are just swollen calyxes? The ones with less pistils seem to be better. Is it age or pure genetics or what? Thank you oh mystic swami of the magic nugs.

You’ve been busy, (I don’t know for sure, just heard through the grape vine) with coming down with the sickness. You take care of you and your family first and foremost!!
I didn't have the corona virus that I know of but I did lose my dad earlier this month. Between that and working from home it's been difficult to stay caught up.
Look at that! My week's already better having read this Shed! Thanks bro!
:thanks: otter!
last update for my sapphire og she got the balls
Oof! Another one bites the dust. I'm running out of buds on my hermie AF-47 so its days might be numbered if it keeps this up.
I would imagine this is preferred over PM issues...
Wow, that's great root growth for just 18 days!
Great roots indeed! Chocolope also got great node spacing as well (about 1"), so I'm thinking of letting it grow straight and topping once. The Power Plant may need to be bent over because it's getting a bit leggy. Still too early to tell.
Thought you'd get a kick out of that!
AG was 22 minutes ahead of me. Weed Shish Kabobs for everyone!
She's almost a full day ahead, so it's not surprising :).
Hello Shed and all I have a question. Why are some buds covered in pistils and some are just swollen calyxes? The ones with less pistils seem to be better. Is it age or pure genetics or what? Thank you oh mystic swami of the magic nugs.
I think pistil count is mostly genetics, all things being equal. Though each pistil should be coming out of an eventual calyx, so I kind of see it as a one-to-one ratio.

I didn't have the corona taste bad , give me a bud light . Anything that has a bud in it !
Great to see you back I know not in full bore yet but we understand. I also know you hadn’t been through the journals which you know mine was finished . All that hard work we did payed off on the last journal. I see you just hit me going to check it out ! Thanks InTheShed

Back
Top Bottom