InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Do you have access to a water report. Your hardness might be due to carbonates and bicarbonates, and your Ca and Mg might be reasonable.

You should know your water chemistry before adjusting. Most cannabis strains are happy with 80-130 ppm Ca. Too much calcium can affect efficient uptake of other cations, like K, Mg, and Fe.

Do you have access to a water report. Your hardness might be due to carbonates and bicarbonates, and your Ca and Mg might be reasonable.

You should know your water chemistry before adjusting. Most cannabis strains are happy with 80-130 ppm Ca. Too much calcium can affect efficient uptake of other cations, like K, Mg, and Fe.

Afraid not. :( I'm only going by what Google says about the tap water in my area. Probably not the most reliable source.

I think I might be getting a little out of my depth here Felipe, but thanks for the useful info. Do you think I should maybe back off on adding the eggshell/vinegar mix then?

I would hold off on that, or any treatment, unless you are addressing a known issue. Didn’t you say that was an old leaf, but your new growth looks good. Can we see a photo of the entire affected plant?

I would hold off on that, or any treatment, unless you are addressing a known issue. Didn’t you say that was an old leaf, but your new growth looks good. Can we see a photo of the entire affected plant?

Okay, so after closer inspection it actually seems to be something that's happening to all of my plants at varying degrees. It also seems to be affecting older, larger fan leaves exclusively. I just updated my journal with a bunch of pics if you wouldn't mind taking a look? I'd rather not leave a huge photo dump on Shed's page, (sorry Shed!:adore:).

Jumping in mid-workday and my son's online HS graduation day! Also, I registered on this site 3 years ago today. :theband:

I'll be back later with some new pics but I wanted to acknowledge y'all for being as kind and helpful as usual. :thanks:

Jumping in and out...
New DDA babies and Candida doing a shady catwalk!
Is that DDA some new secret black project version of it you got your hands on?
No secret Crazy! Just a kind-hearted member here with some love to share. :love:
Hey guys. So aside from the tipping problem I've had, I'm also seeing this on a few leaves now. From looking at some deficiency charts I reckon it could be either Calcium or Phosphorus? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
I know you have gotten good answers already, but whenever you need help with leaf damage it's always good to get a full plant pic so we can see where the damage is. Different issues arise in different locations.
I was thinking about the one that shed it’s helmet in water.
Looks like it might make it! I see a tiny greenish dot on the surface of the peat puck.
Thanks Felipe! Yeah, it's definitely an older leaf and I only noticed the damage yesterday. The new growth looks perfectly fine to me. I was about to add some worm castings, figuring it couldn't hurt but when I opened the bag, it was covered it mold. :( Should I just throw it out?
Keep it!
That pic is darling Shed!
Thanks Boo! As soon as I saw the shadows I knew I had to post it here.
That looks like soil mycelium to me - a beneficial fungus. Most times that’s a perfectly normal and healthy thing :)
:thanks:
Amy is 420% correct!
Use it!
:thanks:
Good advice Felipe.
I'd rather not leave a huge photo dump on Shed's page, (sorry Shed!:adore:)
No worries WL! Feel free. :)
Going now to check
Good morning Shed!
Good Morning afternoon Felipe! I hope you got WL sorted :thumb:
Sure is nice to see what you're up to Shed! You're always getting heavy harvests! Nice! Now a seed project, sweet!
Thanks for stopping by otter! Got the Gibberellic acid in my cart at Amazon now.

Thanks all! Hard to believe it's been three years here (and countless hours and still only 113 points ;)). I'm falling asleep but I did want to get back here for a Thursday night update.

The first two DDAs came up on Tuesday (day 1 = 161), but I didn't want to plant them in the middle of the heat wave we were having, so I got them in soil yesterday. Here they were in the morning:

And as the sun rose it got hotter and hotter, so I thought I would try some window screening, as I have recommended to others with plants getting too close to the lights:

Here is the lux in the sun (123,600 at 9:23am):

And here it is under the screen (71,200):

Quite a reduction, and had this been a light problem, that would have solved it. But since it was a heat problem, I moved them inside for most of the day under a couple of CFLs and moved them out around 4:00pm. when it finally got under 85º in the shade.

Today was about 10º cooler and they had no trouble in the sun all day.

On another note, the hermie AF-47 is still around, and it looks pretty weird (this was on flip day 23):

It seems to be bolting the way basil does when you let it go to seed, with long foxtails on the top of a lot of the buds.

It's not putting out pollen sacs any more, but it is throwing nanners:

And it seems to have seeded a lot of itself (with the brown pistils), and I still spray it down at least twice a day. Interestingly, the Golden Tiger in the Big Gulp seems fine even though it was in the same tent up until about 4 nights ago, when I decided to flower it in the shed on its own for safety's sake. We'll see!

I hope everyone's week has been going well, and I really and truly will try to get here this weekend and see what's happening with you. No promises though as my unread sub list has grown to 7 pages. :sorry:

Another thing to blame on the corona virus!

Back
Top Bottom