InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I have some in the tray right now, as a matter of fact. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It just such a pure sativa high - reminds me of the old Colombian Gold - soaring and bright, very punchy - long-lasting with no crash. It has the kind of high that you forget about until you realized it's been a couple hours since you smoked it and you're still high, with sensory effects and odd time distortions. Just the subtle stuff, but I'm always surprised it's still hanging in there. It's also the kind of high that fills in the spaces. If I've been smoking something else and then take a hit of Destroyer, I'll often get a heavier rush from it.

I ran one in 2014 and it was short and very colorful. Then I ran a new one last year and that's a strong sativa leaner with a tall rangy habit and thin leaves. I think I took it 12+ weeks in bloom. It foxtailed heavily but they were all trich-coated. And the new one is punchier.

It can be fussy to grow but I've had worse. I highly recommend it to true sativa lovers. Great stuff!

:thumb:

full

Hey Graytail, thanks for sharing that. The latest Destroyer you grew compared to the earlier 2014 plant, from the sound of it were slightly different phenotypes, would you say that they both still shared very similar highs? Nice to see the pic too, those buds look really nice and sticky. :yummy:

Hey Shed! Thanks for all the love on my journal. Sorry I haven't been keeping up for a couple of weeks. My dog of eight years suddenly died without warning and I've been utterly heartbroken since. So much so, I cancelled my trip to Holland (my flight was yesterday). Anyway, I just started another auto run to keep myself busy and take my mind off of things. I'm sure I'll be needing your help like always. :Namaste:

Hey Shed! Thanks for all the love on my journal. Sorry I haven't been keeping up for a couple of weeks. My dog of eight years suddenly died without warning and I've been utterly heartbroken since. So much so, I cancelled my trip to Holland (my flight was yesterday). Anyway, I just started another auto run to keep myself busy and take my mind off of things. I'm sure I'll be needing your help like always. :Namaste:

Sorry to hear that mate. I am no expert on this but it is not very common for them to die without warning. Unfortunately as pet owners we all have to face these very hard times somehow. I hope you can recover soon. I wish you best of luck with your autos :passitleft:

I hope you get through grieving soon. We just recently lost our little Fox Terrier to liver damage. Its so hard losing one of our babies. We also have 3 GSDs and it is going to kill me when we lose one of them. Sending you love and peace

Hey Graytail, thanks for sharing that. The latest Destroyer you grew compared to the earlier 2014 plant, from the sound of it were slightly different phenotypes, would you say that they both still shared very similar highs? Nice to see the pic too, those buds look really nice and sticky. :yummy:

I think the 2014 one was an outlier. :hmmmm: It turned a gorgeous maroon shade by harvest and grew like a hybrid. It won POTY that year. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN66961.JPG

Knowing the way Cannabiogen breeds, I suspect that pheno is probably gone. The new batch is definitely more Thai, and that's reflected in the buzz. 2014 was more typical of a bright Mexican. This one is all buzzy sativa - no relaxed feeling in this one - more ... trippy. Like a airy Malawi? It has an African feel to it. It reminds me of Ace's Zamaldelica in a way. Electric and buzzy.

:bongrip:

[Edit] I haven't seen anyone grow the AutoCBG. It occurs to me that the earlier pheno would have been great to breed for an auto - I wonder ... gotta run one of those ... "someday".

So sorry WL. They certainly take a piece of our hearts when they leave us. I lost my sweet lab mix in 2016 to bone cancer. The diagnosis was quite a shock, but he lived a great life and gave me so much joy - it's nice to have that to hold on to. I hope you have the same with your sweet one.

(I had to watch my last one die slowly over a few months - don' like to think about it ...) :(

:Namaste:

Hey @Weedseedsexpress...I never heard back from you about the purple pheno on the Power Plant (see this post). Your thoughts?

Happy Wednesday all

Sorry! I missed this one out. Could it be a phosphorus deficiency?

A cannabis phosphorus deficiency generally appears on leaves from the lower/older parts of the plant. The lower leaves may turn dark green or yellow, and start getting spots or big splotches that look brown, bronze or even a little blue. The leaves may thicken and curl, and the affected leaves feel stiff. Sometimes the stems of the plant turn bright red or purple, but not always.

Sometimes accompanied by a Calcium deficiency, as Phosphorus and Calcium interact with each other in the plant.

Cannabis phosphorus deficiency usually appears with some or all of the following symptoms:
  • tends to affect the lower and older leaves of the plant
  • sometimes a phosphorus deficiency is accompanied by bright red stems (though not always), though if you have red stems but no other symptoms, it’s typically not something to worry about
  • leaves darken (turning a dark green, blue or grayish color) and may appear shiny
  • leaves may start turning yellow in places if the phosphorus deficiency is left untreated, or if the deficiency is combined with other nutrients deficiencies and/or pH problems. However, yellow leaves is typically not associated with the beginning of a phosphorus deficiency.
  • leaves get bronze, purple or brown spots and splotches
  • leaves thicken and may feel dry or stiff
  • stems sometimes turn bright red or purple, but not always
  • sometimes accompanied by a Calcium deficiency, as Phosphorus and Calcium interact with each other inside the plant
  • this deficiency is more common after buds start forming, when the plant is using a lot of Phosphorus

Thanks MrS! I'm hoping that @Weedseedsexpress can tell me if I have found the Golden Ticket with the purple pheno so I can beat myself up over not taking a cutting :).
Hi Shed:)! I did some research and just replied to your message earlier. Mayby it's the explanation.

Cheers!

reminds me of the old Colombian Gold
Well that's probably going to be the other cultivar alongside the Durban Poison, so it seems like a reasonable replacement given what's in the fridge!
Hey Shed! Thanks for all the love on my journal. Sorry I haven't been keeping up for a couple of weeks. My dog of eight years suddenly died without warning and I've been utterly heartbroken since. So much so, I cancelled my trip to Holland (my flight was yesterday). Anyway, I just started another auto run to keep myself busy and take my mind off of things. I'm sure I'll be needing your help like always.
I'm so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your puppy. Try to remember all the great times as Boo said, and my thoughts are with you.
That i can Grow after being busted / mess me up with cash and equipment !
Ahh...yes. I hope so too. Straightening out the domestic situation should be priority #1!
It won POTY that year.
And well-deserved!
A cannabis phosphorus deficiency generally appears on leaves from the lower/older parts of the plant. The lower leaves may turn dark green or yellow, and start getting spots or big splotches that look brown, bronze or even a little blue. The leaves may thicken and curl, and the affected leaves feel stiff. Sometimes the stems of the plant turn bright red or purple, but not always.
Thanks WSE! I've got some pics from this morning for y'alls perusal. Update in a few minutes.

Monday update for y'alls perusal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Before we get into the purpling on the Power Plant, let me post the final harvest weight on the Golden Tiger in the Big Gulp:

That's 47 grams (1.65788 ounces), which is not too bad all things considered!

Now, back to the Power Plant, here it is next to the Chocolope:

The leaves don't seem all that different in color to me but others may have keener eyes.

Here are some close-ups of the stems and flowers:

Only the flowers seem to have the purple coloring, along with the bracts that appear at the nodes
(@Amy Gardner's favorites :)):

Do the leaves look a bit bronze to anyone?

I had to finish with a pic of the frost already spreading on flip day 21:

I probably won't get to thin these until next weekend, but as they're both sativas a little extra time for stretch seems ideal.

In light of WSE's thoughts on the phosphorus deficiency, I figured I would make sure that the ProMix was cleared out this morning and gave it straight MC somewhere around 5g/gallon (it was a blend of what I had on hand). Next watering I'll get it to 5.5g/gal. I had been adding cal-mag and Si prior to this and it might have made things a bit doolally.

That or it's just a rare purple pheno!

I hope your weekend went well and your week looks healthy and green. Stay safe!
:circle-of-love:

I don't see any issues. The margin tips have some lighter color and so slightly curled up so it could be the beginning of a K def. I'm curious though on your thinking to go to 5.5g next watering. Is that because you are knocking out the cal and si?

I don't see any issues. The margin tips have some lighter color and so slightly curled up so it could be the beginning of a K def. I'm curious though on your thinking to go to 5.5g next watering. Is that because you are knocking out the cal and si?
Thanks MrS! There is some yellowing of the lowers (part of the reason I was adding the cal-mag) and seeing as it's 3 weeks into flower, 5.5 seemed like a good place to be. Both of these plants have been hungrier from the get go than my others.

Thanks MrS! There is some yellowing of the lowers (part of the reason I was adding the cal-mag) and seeing as it's 3 weeks into flower, 5.5 seemed like a good place to be. Both of these plants have been hungrier from the get go than my others.
How much MC were you feeding before adding the extras and what did you give her while feeding the extras. I usually pay attention to your journal and don't recall you adding those at any point.

How's the Carnival looking lately?

I was at 6/4/4 as I recall. The Carnival looks about the same, though it's not losing leaves as fast as it was. It definitely hasn't greened up at all.

In reference to my watering post, it still hasn't dried out enough to water it, so there is a big difference between watering to runoff and saturating the substrate in terms of how often it needs water. [The word "water" was on sale...sorry!]

Back
Top Bottom