InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I also started the finish work on a bench top I cut last weekend. The wicker seat had ripped and you'd fall through if you sat on it. The stain ended up being too dark so I spent most of Saturday afternoon sanding it down. Then I put three coats of spar urethane on it Sunday, and this is the finished product:

Nice work on the bench. You grow, you bake bread, you do woodworking. Is there anything you can't do? You're a real Renaissance man. :battingeyelashes:

A spider supervised the photography, similar to the one from the Chocolope harvest:

He's kind of cute. For a spider. However, if he dropped onto my shoulder, I'd probably still squeal. :laughtwo:

Everything looks great shed even the bench I wouldn't mind parking my fat ass on that and smoking a fatty.
Looks like there’s room for three on the bench!....
Plants even look like their coming along, I love to see a good DP spread out like that.

Nice work on the bench. You grow, you bake bread, you do woodworking. Is there anything you can't do? You're a real Renaissance man.
He's kind of cute. For a spider. However, if he dropped onto my shoulder, I'd probably still squeal.
Thanks HG! Not much of a woodworker, but I'm okay with the tools I have on hand :). Oh, and squealing is perfectly acceptable!
glad your mucking about the roof is over, especially at your age
Me too, but I probably will look up at it wistfully on occasion ;).
Everything looks great shed even the bench I wouldn't mind parking my fat ass on that and smoking a fatty.
You're welcome any time smokey. :high-five:
Nice Shed. I like the plants and the bench
Thanks PCa!
This is great news! After that it’ll be someone else’s problem
My children or their spouses! I'll be 92 and if I'm still alive hope someone will be looking after me...
I love your furry furry spiders. Wonderful update too - CG looks the goods alright!
The furry ones are cute, but they jump. :eek: Thanks Amy!
Looks like there’s room for three on the bench!....
Plants even look like their coming along, I love to see a good DP spread out like that.
Thank you DAB! The DP is growing well but well behind the CG. I know which one gets the bulk of the tent in flower, that's for sure.
Pine for the bench Shed?
Just some plywood I had lying around, so it's gotta be pine. Took that stain like nobody's business! Went through a lot of sandpaper taking it off. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, meant to say I love the effect of the sanded back dark stain. Looks like it’s been licked by fire!
Yeah, took a while before I was happy with it, but I am now :)

Maybe it's just me, but he/she looks very happy. NIce update Shed, and the plants are looking really good!
Thank you Mr/MsS!
:ciao: hi Shed! Quick salve question...after 4 days did your stems/stalks soften a bit? I'm a about 54 hours in and mine are still fairly hard.
Not by much, but you're only halfway in so give them time. They were completely dried before you put them in the oil, yes?
Oh! Also, nice update. The plants are looking good and what a great idea to salvage that wicker bench! Advice I give you about the roof - beware of nails everywhere around the outside perimeter of the house! They will normally roll a little magnet thingy around but it never gets all of them. :eye-roll:
Thanks Boo! These guys were very good and the place was in great shape after they left yesterday. I will definitely do a perimeter check when they're done though.

They finish the plywood today and then put the paper and shingles down tomorrow. Nail-guns galore!

:cheesygrinsmiley:
You're only halfway in so give them time. They were completely dried before you put them in the oil, yes?
True. Oh yeah, they were seriously dry. I also have roots and leaves and smaller stems as well. I have to say, I don't much like the scent of the coconut oil but it is fading as time goes by. The oil has a nice green color to it. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Boo! These guys were very good and the place was in great shape after they left yesterday. I will definitely do a perimeter check when they're done though.

They finish the plywood today and then put the paper and shingles down tomorrow. Nail-guns galore!
Omg. No fun being there when that is going on. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom