InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks Amy! And I really would have known what you were referring to without the link ;).

Not "out there" at all today. Just was asleep in the backyard until I woke up sweating. I have no idea how the plants can stand it! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Dude you have had a rough day. You should burn one, you earned it! :passitleft:

Still no balls? How many days post flip?
Those pictures were from 21 days post flip. It will be day 28 this Saturday when I think I will make the call. Never been hoping for a male as much as I have lately. Ha, karma.

Happy thanksgiving to all down south! All this talk of smoking a turkey;
8B44C7BF-DF42-4A9E-BB76-18468C720361.jpeg

Those pictures were from 21 days post flip. It will be day 28 this Saturday when I think I will make the call. Never been hoping for a male as much as I have lately. Ha, karma.
Oof! Other than Celt's original reversal, we don't seem to be having a lot of luck with GA3.
Happy thanksgiving to all down south! All this talk of smoking a turkey;
Holy cow how do even smoke that creative bit of rolling? :eek:
Aloha shedster! Hope all is well in Cal
Been enjoying the simple life out here in Prohibition land
Howdy shotta! Glad things are well for you and your daughter. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and that your folks are doing well (while missing her!).
Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went as planned
Thanks sb, you too!
Hey Shed hope you had a good Thanksgiving with your family and all is well with them.
Thanks Kis, same to you! Nice to have you stop by and I'm glad you're up and around again.

Hey Dutch were you get that Turkey paper at ?/ Cool Beans Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went as planned :p :bong::hug:
I wish I could take credit for the creative rolling on that one! My cousin shared that photo with me yesterday, I don’t think he’s talented enough to pull that off though, I know I’m not! Lol

It was just too good not to share on thanksgiving!!

Oof! Other than Celt's original reversal, we don't seem to be having a lot of luck with GA3.
No not lately huh? I’m not too discouraged yet, still lots of variables to try, just got to find the sweet spot!

really would have known what you were referring to without the link ;).
Was meant for others :D not so much the author ;) - I often find myself having to go back when someone else posts something like ‘‘oh that was a great _____ you had back there” ect., and I’m often like ... ‘wait, what?’ :hmmmm: :nomo: So I’ve made a pact to often link things I refer to (like you often do with very much more useful things like tutorials ;) )... get it? got it? good. Now would you please stop talking about that cake!

:circle-of-love: happy weekend to you Buddy - hope the napping is paying off, somewhere more comfortable...

I'm going to try 135, 90, and 45 PPM for five days and see how that goes. I'd be afraid that more than five days might leave me with 6' plants!
Good morning,Shed!

Hey, I was doing a little research on gibberellic acid , and found this pdf that might help with what you're doing...

It appears to say that a total of 50micrograms of GA, applied daily for ten consecutive days, is the ticket for male flower development, and higher concentrations promote stretching, but few male flowers.

I don't know what PPM 50mcg would be, but it sure isn't much GA...

Might be worth a read...:thumb:

No not lately huh? I’m not too discouraged yet, still lots of variables to try, just got to find the sweet spot!
If at first we don't succeed...
get it? got it? good.
Yes.
Now would you please stop talking about that cake!
LOL!
Good morning,Shed!
Hey, I was doing a little research on gibberellic acid , and found this pdf that might help with what you're doing...
It appears to say that a total of 50micrograms of GA, applied daily for ten consecutive days, is the ticket for male flower development, and higher concentrations promote stretching, but few male flowers.
I don't know what PPM 50mcg would be, but it sure isn't much GA...
Might be worth a read...]
Thanks cCarcass! I'll give that a read, but in terms of what ppm 50 micrograms is, I will call in @The Celt as he did the math for me. Hopefully it turns out to be one of the dilutions I'll be trying.

Hey Shed, and @Carcass

I had a look, but they do not give the volume of the solution, just the weight of GA that they used. Without both, there is no way to determine the concentration they used. They also use a different method for mixing, which makes mixing easier, but I don’t recommend their method. It is a basic (high pH) solution that degrades in under 24hrs, fine if you are in a lab and have access to lots of GA and don’t mind mixing a new batch every day. They way we mix it, it will keep in the fridge for weeks, some reports claim years but I would say weeks to be safe.

@Carcass it’s funny, I was also researching plant hormones in general today and came across some new-to-me info. I came across an article specific to feminizing cannabis using GA3, the first I have seen that said anything more than it could be done, and they said a concentration of 100ppm gave the best results. That is the bottom end of the general info I was able to find previously.

Next I came across an article about an increase in trichome production with the use of GA3. The article wasn’t specific to cannabis, but got me thinking, and when thoughts like that start floating in the chaos of my mind, experiments start formulating :rofl:

Hey Shed, and @Carcass

I had a look, but they do not give the volume of the solution, just the weight of GA that they used. Without both, there is no way to determine the concentration they used. They also use a different method for mixing, which makes mixing easier, but I don’t recommend their method. It is a basic (high pH) solution that degrades in under 24hrs, fine if you are in a lab and have access to lots of GA and don’t mind mixing a new batch every day. They way we mix it, it will keep in the fridge for weeks, some reports claim years but I would say weeks to be safe.

@Carcass it’s funny, I was also researching plant hormones in general today and came across some new-to-me info. I came across an article specific to feminizing cannabis using GA3, the first I have seen that said anything more than it could be done, and they said a concentration of 100ppm gave the best results. That is the bottom end of the general info I was able to find previously.

Next I came across an article about an increase in trichome production with the use of GA3. The article wasn’t specific to cannabis, but got me thinking, and when thoughts like that start floating in the chaos of my mind, experiments start formulating :rofl:
The original Addicott and Lyon research stated this:
"Seven different gibberellins accelerated abscission equally when applied distally at amounts of 5×10(to the -4) to 5×10(to the -1) μg per abscission zone. At 5×10-5 μg there were great differences in effectiveness; their activities can be ranked: A3>A5≥A4>A7=A8>A1=A9."
Source

Does that help with anything? The full article is behind a paywall.

Back
Top Bottom