InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Forgot to mention that I did the citric acid spray on the Spring two yesterday for a bit of powdery mildew.

No pics today as I spent the morning doing IPM (integrated pest management). The Spring and Summer grow got Safers with a rinse-off after they dried, and the four Candidas got neemed. I have lots of thinning and pruning to do this weekend and possible transplants, so there will be pics galore to come!
Did you ever find out why Promix isn’t available there anymore?
I have a contact in their sales department but I didn't ask. If I suck at soil this summer I will inquire though!
I thought it would have been obvious that I was referring to the bananananana plant.
Oh, that kind of disgusting! Y'know...I don't dis folks' cheese plants. :)
Buttercup said his have never smelled like bananas and that isn't the first time I've heard of that. I wonder if anyone here has grown one that really does?
Maybe I'll get lucky!
Of course it was. Highly informative and endlessly entertaining. Isn't that your "secret formula" for a successful journal!?!
Secret no more. ;)

Oh, that kind of disgusting! Y'know...I don't dis folks' cheese plants. :)
Why not, it's fun!?! ;)
I would welcome a playful dissing of my plants.
You can laugh at my GDP tomorrow.
She didn't get the memo that she isn't supposed to stretch a lot.
Holy Hannah!

On another topic, I have a question for the pollen chuckers and plant breeders out there:

Now that I've found out that the Sour G seeds came from a female Sour Diesel that stress-hermied and pollinated a Gorilla Bomb, does that make all the seeds fem?

I do realize that the offspring may show a stress-induced tendency to hermie, I'm just wondering if there was any way my plant could actually be male?

On another topic, I have a question for the pollen chuckers and plant breeders out there:

Now that I've found out that the Sour G seeds came from a female Sour Diesel that stress-hermied and pollinated a Gorilla Bomb, does that make all the seeds fem?

I do realize that the offspring may show a stress-induced tendency to hermie, I'm just wondering if there was any way my plant could actually be male?
Out on a limb I'm saying yes. It's self pollinated and is s1. I'd plant one seed for one female plant. All theory though. :popcorn:

Out on a limb I'm saying yes. It's self pollinated and is s1. I'd plant one seed for one female plant. All theory though. :popcorn:
Thanks Otter...one seed is all I have and it's planted! And from what I've been able to find on the subject, a hermied female plant produces the same female pollen as a reversed female plant. The difference being the possible tendency to hermie under stress.

We'll see!

...I would say your odds would be about 75% female, and 25% chance that it could produce another hermie prone plant...that's just done from some reading, and not actual experience...not bad odds...good luck...cheerz... ...h00k......
Thanks h00k, I like those odds! I wonder if the odds stay the same if I make seeds from this plant using STS. :hmmmm:
Fingers crossed and holding thumbs!
LOL! You're an excellent student of international expressions. :high-five:

"Thanks h00k, I like those odds! I wonder if the odds stay the same if I make seeds from this plant using STS. :hmmmm:"

...interesting question... :hmmmm: ...I think the odds(which are only a guess)would be about the same...if indeed it was a hermie prone lady and was reversed, I don't know what the result would be, with any certainty...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Somebody laid that on me yesterday. Thought it was fun. Come to find my future SIL's aunts use the thumb expression. Mainers they are.
Somebody as in Carmen?
Holding thumbs that Sour G is a girl.
Google search turns up South Africa specifically, which makes sense for Carmen. Less so for your future aunt-in-laws!

...interesting question... ...I think the odds(which are only a guess)would be about the same...if indeed it was a hermie prone lady and was reversed, I don't know what the result would be, with any certainty...cheerz......h00k......
Well these seeds would only be for my use, so I would be able to keep an eye out for hermies in the future. If someone else wanted them they would need to sign a disclaimer!

Somebody as in Carmen
I can't remember. I have weird slight memory issues. Me head's a mess without strict organization and If I'm not a real regular for some time on someones journal I'm less apt to have all the pertinent info locked in. It's a curse mostly but I wrestle it best I can. That's one of the reasons I can keep into yours. You have very good organizing skills!

Monday update, then the quotes...

Everything got citric acid spray Saturday, and this morning everything got neemed, from babies to big'ns.

I haven't had a lot of luck rooting my cuttings lately and I figure it's either old Dip'n Grow, used ProMix HP, or both. So last week I ordered a new bottle of D'nG (which won't be here until Friday), and I am now using Kellogg Patio Plus potting soil. Unfortunately, that meant I couldn't thin either the Tin Can Kush or the Red Dragon as I couldn't try making clones of them until the D'nG arrives. Next weekend for that.

In the meantime, I thinned the Candidas in preparation for STS reversal (fixing arrived today...thanks to Chris for sending and @Virgin Ground for coordinating). I didn't take before and after pics, but here is one I didn't thin next to one I did so you can see how much goes into the salve bin.

And here are all the Candidas lined up with their futures labeled below.

I'm swapping mothers since my original (in the cloth pot) suffered a broken stem in a fall. It's fine, but I thought I'd use it for seeds and keep an unbroken one for a mother. I'll thin the mother next weekend and try making some more clones to keep on hand.

In other news, I transplanted the Sour G and the Jack Herer (from WSE) this weekend using the new potting soil. This is what the soil looks like in the bag:

So I mixed it with 50% perlite to make it drain much more quickly. To make sure I was 50/50, I filled a pot halfway with soil and the rest of the way with perlite, dumped it in a bucket and blended it all together. It looks like this when it's done:

Much better! To that I added @DYNOMYCO and Earth Alive Soil Activator, mixed it up, and transplanted the Jack Herer:

Then I mixed in GeoFlora Veg for the Sour G transplant, which will be another test of GF nutes for the summer:

Here are the two transplanted alongside next week's assignment, Chiquita Banana:

You may notice that the lower leaves on the GeoFlora Sour G are yellower than the nute-fed Jack Herer even though I top dressed the Sour G two weeks ago, which was a week before I started feeding the JH. I may give the Sour G nute-water to ease the transition, which seems to be a challenge designed into the GeoFlora system.

I hope everyone here had a good mother's day: mothers, fathers, daughters, and sons. :love:

Shoot forgot what i was going to say (brain Fart) Anyway plants look Good and growed up
Happens to the best of us...thanks sb!
Showing up is 90% of it! Or was that 88% i forget.
And the remaining 10 (or 12) percent is constipation! Or is it recreation...? :hmmmm:
So do you have a regular schedule or routine you do such as weekly, monthly, etc?
I never had a regular schedule before and I would always just deal with them after the fact. I've decided to get more proactive, so I'm spraying with something at least every three days. I'm being especially careful now because I need the Candidas aphid-free when they go into isolation, as the aphids leave sap on the collection mirror, and moisture ruins pollen. I also can't spray for bugs once they're in the box for the same reason.

I may slack off a bit once the seedmaking process is over and I only have the Spring and Summer grows going.
Happy Mother’s Day to Mrs. Shed
Thanks double H! I hope yours was relaxing and fun. :)

That inability to get clones to grow well hit me too Shed. I'm in the middle of changing everything up including getting the cloninator running again! I'm making progress with that. In a few days I'll post what's going on there. I went with clonex products this time in it and have seen some improvements creating roots. It takes time though! Getting them out of water and into some soil is the next little challenge.
Your garden is looking great!

Back
Top Bottom