InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Shed, these are beautiful plants, I can smell them. I’m so proud. I hope one day to produce something that beautiful.

Highya ITS,

I feel like a celebrity! I'm surprised, really. Didn't know I was here that long!! You've been fun to follow along with all the knowledgeable people who have visited your journal. You've had some very interesting experiments. And you're very diligent at answering journal posts! Hopefully, I'll follow along for a few more years!! Happy Smokin'

You're all that!

Shed, I have learnt so much from your journals and the wonderful knowledgeable people who keep it going with you. It's a great place to hang out with a good bunch of people. Thank you.

Hi Shed ; looking good as always Trainwreck has some super big buds going on ! Talking AC and my water went out last Sunday , still dealing with trying to get a prime , one pissed off monkey here , pulled hoses out of ground had 2 bad fitting replaced w/brass / then just replaced pump and can't get a prime > BAD WORDS< lol :lot-o-toke:🥵

My own journal has slipped to page 3 on my subs list. :eek:

Enough slippage, here is the Tuesday update of the Summer two on flip day 49 (or 7 weeks for those who think that way for some reason)!

Starting with the Purple Urkle:

Still a bit of rot that needs to come off, but not as bad as it was:

And the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express, with colas so heavy not a single one is vertical:

They're both drinking a little less even with the heat (which is also a little less these days), so it might be another week or so. I'd prefer not to take them down the same weekend if possible, for obvious reasons. :justkeeptrimming:

That's it from me! I hope the joy in your days gets longer even as the daylight gets shorter. :peace:

Quotes:
Regarding my AC, I must admit I have no idea the type I have, but it does a nice job of spitting out cool air when I need it. What I do know is that it uses the same duct work that my heater uses. I had to replace my heater unit some 20 years ago and the technician said, "We can add an ac unit for about $2,000 more". That was an easy "Yes" for me. The compressor was replaced about 5 years ago. It's currently a Lennox Elite. My house is relatively small - only 1650 sf - so I didn't need an overly powerful unit.
Still haven't gotten the bid yet but it's going to be higher than expected with a new furnace on there. We're around 1500sf, but 20 years later. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bode for the win!! I'm about 450 pages behind that.
This is only an exhibition, not a competition. Please...no wagering.
I foresee this becoming a very long thread!
You always were good at predictions. :)
I feel like a celebrity! I'm surprised, really. Didn't know I was here that long!! You've been fun to follow along with all the knowledgeable people who have visited your journal. You've had some very interesting experiments. And you're very diligent at answering journal posts! Hopefully, I'll follow along for a few more years!! Happy Smokin'
Always glad to have you and your wisdom hanging around!
This is why I grow indoors in a tent. LOL. Our weather here in Crane, Mo. is different these days, but not brutal. We seem to live in Camelot compared to McDonald County where I lived for most of my life before moving here in 2013. We get rain. We get dry, but never too bad, and we get hot, but it is never too hot for too long. But our seasons are shifting. It all comes earlier, about three weeks earlier. So we are feeling like fall right now.
Our weather here is unpredictable and for that reason we need to grow indoors or in a greenhouse.
I mentioned Camelot, here are the lyrics:
It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

etc.
Great lyrics! And I can't imagine many folks in Missouri growing outside to harvest in October whether you're in Crane or McDonald. They're not all that far from each other! :)
Shed, these are beautiful plants, I can smell them. I’m so proud. I hope one day to produce something that beautiful.
Thank you Pink! They're a product of their environment as much as anything I do.
Shed, I have learnt so much from your journals and the wonderful knowledgeable people who keep it going with you. It's a great place to hang out with a good bunch of people. Thank you.
Aww thanks Carmen! :love:
looking good as always Trainwreck has some super big buds going on !
Thanks sb! I've given up trying to keep them upright. 🤷‍♂️
Talking AC and my water went out last Sunday , still dealing with trying to get a prime , one pissed off monkey here , pulled hoses out of ground had 2 bad fitting replaced w/brass / then just replaced pump and can't get a prime >
Damn that sounds like a cluster fuck! I hope you have it sorted by now. We get Prime on the Roku here. ;)
BAD WORDS< lol
:laugh:

Those Trainwreck buds are a sight to behold. Well done!

:ciao: Your ladies look gorgeous as usual Shed. I’m so, so sorry to hear about the caterpillars and the budrot. You know I know your pain…. Those candida clones in the solo cup look like an optical illusion - the stalks are so thick! Are you sure those aren’t giant solo cups? :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's 1500 pages of gold!
It certainly IS! I’m so very glad you are here helping us always….a true King you are! :love:
the original green tops on the garlic supposed to die off and grow back?
Those green tops are called scapes and they are delicious! They are some of the first fresh farmers market items of the season around here.
I've been spraying it with BT every 3 days or so in an attempt to get it to harvest without too much new rot. :nervous-guy:
Soooo…even though I’m not seeing any new caterpillars does the BT work on the budrot despite? :hmmmm:

Your ladies look gorgeous as usual Shed. I’m so, so sorry to hear about the caterpillars and the budrot. You know I know your pain
Thank you Boo! Here's to making it all the way to harvest in peace. :high-five:
Those candida clones in the solo cup loo like an optical illusion - the stalks are so thick! Are you sure those aren’t giant solo cups?
LOL! The rooted cuttings were planted on May 22nd, which makes them 115 days old. :cheesygrinsmiley:
It certainly IS! I’m so very glad you are here helping us always….a true King you are!
You are too kind! I'm just a grower with a lot of time on his hands most days.
Those green tops are called scapes and they are delicious! They are some of the first fresh farmers market items of the season around here.
Whatever was green is now dead! Nowhere does it says it's okay to start garlic in the summer. :rolleyes:
Soooo…even though I’m not seeing any new caterpillars does the BT work on the budrot despite?
It does not. If you have budrot separate from caterpillars you can try making the JMS (Jadam Microbe Solution) spray that @StoneOtter is using or even give my 1% citric acid a try to see if it makes any difference (it hasn't been tested on that yet). You would need to really get in there with the spray for it to work if it does.

Looks like I may miss a post or two after all. For my own sanity I'll just say hello and not go back to see the devil's spawn. I did notice a ladybug midge on one of your plants. That's always a welcome sight.

Plants are just gorgeous. Not sure what else I can say...they really are beauties.

Looks like I may miss a post or two after all. For my own sanity I'll just say hello and not go back to see the devil's spawn. I did notice a ladybug midge on one of your plants. That's always a welcome sight.
Glad you missed a few, and good catch on the larva! Didn't know if anyone else was gonna see that. :thumb:
Plants are just gorgeous. Not sure what else I can say...they really are beauties.
Thank you Ms G!

That TW is going to fill a lot of jars- extremely well done, Shed!
I hope the budrot damage stays Minimal on the PU..at least she's big enough
that you can spare a little... 😬

Back
Top Bottom