InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I always fast forward through commercials and time wasting stuff so it doesn't actually take 3 hours to watch!
I am struck by how long the match is... how does anyone stay focused for that long? :laughtwo: Yes to fast forward!

Cgts to Michigan What exactly is the Pac 10 Title? When are the semis? Are the other teams known yet?
College football is split up into different "conferences" because there are so many teams, even in the top level (Division 1 aka D1: 358!). The top D1 conferences are called the Power Five, which are the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), Big Ten (where Michigan is), Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern Conference (SEC). Teams play most of their games in their own conference but also play games against others.

When the season is over (Thanksgiving weekend) a group of old folks in a room decide the top 4 teams in the country, who do a one-and-done playoff (Dec 31st), and the resulting two teams play for the College Championship (Jan. 9th).

[Sorry about the confusion with which Division Michigan is in...they're in the Big 10. I wrote Pac 10 in my original post. The Pac 12 is out here on the west coast.]

Monday update on the winter grow!

I had a nice sunshiny day on Saturday after a rainy Friday, so it was time to upcan the Le Creme CBGs on day 24. Here they are in the solo cups:

LeC 1 roots:

LeC 2 roots:

Transplanted (I did not root score these):

SaugaView®:

I mixed in 1 Tbsp of Epsoma dolomite lime/gallon of FFOF, as well as 1 tsp/gallon Dynomyco because I still have some left. I only added Dyno to the rootball and hole on LeC 1 to see if it makes any difference. They're not clones but they are pretty darn similar at this point. We'll see...

I watered them with 4.5g/gallon MC with an additional 50ppm of monosilicic acid.

Sunday the clouds moved in and it got chilly, so the plants moved into the tent for the day (they're always there at night).

They're living under the @Mars Hydro SP250:

There is a dead spot in the middle so the ALK is shifted to one side. It doesn't matter when the light is further away, but in close there is measurable difference.

I have it down at around 22,000 lux across the tops:

I took them out for an hour this morning for a neem spray-down, but they'll be in the tent most of this week according to the weather forecast. It's going to be mostly cloudy, which doesn't allow for enough radiant heat to make up for the 60º air temps. That's okay because I usually keep my plants in the shade for the first few days after transplant.

I'll probably upcan the ALK on the first warm morning we get.

That's it for me. I hope you all had a good weekend, and the week ahead is better than the weak behind! 🍑

Quotes:
The candida killer can make one thrive in a solo cup.....interesting on many levels
I try to maintain a certain sense of mystery. :)
Grow or Else Chop chop
🪓

Highya ITS,

Gorgeous pictures of roots! Seedlings thriving like that is a pretty picture. Upcanned ladies look very well. Nice job. With all the cloudcover, you won't have to schlepp so much!! Happy Smokin'

Go ALK!

How do you convert a liquid measurement to a PPM value?

The Tuesday update: it's transplant day for the Amnesia Lemon Kush on day 26!

Had a bit of sun this morning so it was time to move the ALK into its new home. From solo cup:

Roots:

To 1 gallon:

And the SaugaView®:

And because I promised @Carmen Ray a not-so-pretty root pic, this is the rootball on the Candida after 174 days in a solo cup:

It takes about 5 minutes for water to work it's way down to the bottom!

Thanks for stopping by. :ciao:

Quotes:
Thanks GDB!
I use free nutrient calculation software to do all my blending. It tells me that for 50ppm I need (per gallon):
15 ml of Stout MSA
or
5 ml of DutchPro Silica
or just
1.9 ml of my new Front Row Ag Silica.

Given how expensive this stuff is you want to get the most for your money, and on a per ml basis that's the Front Row Ag.

@farside05 or @FelipeBlu can probably give you a way to calculate it by hand though.

Now that the ALK has some leg room she's gonna' do the do! :Rasta:
Given how expensive this stuff is you want to get the most for your money, and on a per ml basis that's the Front Row Ag.
Expensive indeed! 👀

Now that the ALK has some leg room she's gonna' do the do!
Can't wait for all that do she'll do!
I went to Felipe's spreadsheet from a few years ago and backed into this for you:

Take the ppm you want
Divide it by the percentage of that nutrient in the product
Divide that by 10 to get ml/L
Multiply it by 3.79 to convert the answer from per-liter to per-gallon

For example:
I want 50ppm of Si
Using the Stout 1.25% Si number, 50/1.25=40
Divided by 10 is 4 (ml per liter)
Multiply that by 3.79 to get it ml per gallon = 15.16ml Stout/gallon

Front Row Ag is 10% Si, so
50/10=5
5/10=0.5
0.5*3.79=1.895, or 1.9 ml Front Row Ag/gallon

Hope that both helps and helps explain why I use a nutrient calculator! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Uppot day is a wonderful transition! Especially in the sunshine! It's jelly time! It was 19 this morning here.
Brr! I do not regret moving out of NY. 🧊
I forgot what I was going to say on the amnesia.
LOL!

Well obviously, there's no way I can catch up on over 1541 pages but better late than never, right?!
I'm following along from here on out that's for sure
Skipping through its amazing how much info there is on this journal!
Truly incredible!

Well obviously, there's no way I can catch up on over 1541 pages but better late than never, right?!
I'm following along from here on out that's for sure
Skipping through its amazing how much info there is on this journal!
Truly incredible!
Thanks lootz, and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! No catching up is ever needed and your timing is good because I'm pretty much at the start of a grow (27 days and one transplant in).

Please feel free to ask any questions without having to worry that I've answered it before since it's a lot faster for you that way. :)

Back
Top Bottom