InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I just was checking out Joe's leaf issues and thought maybe it was wind damage. So I went to find pics of wind damage and came across this from GrowWeedEasy:

"Sometimes too high levels of wind can cause other unusual problems on the affected leaves, such as brown or bronze spots that almost look like burn marks. These are the result of the leaf not being able to fulfill all its normal processes."

Their example:

wind-leaf-damage-spots.jpg

My leaf:
full

Anyone have any thoughts? The plant is ~8-10" from the oscillating fan.

Maybe just put a different plant in front of your fan every night. That way your fan is pointed in the right direction to help move air thru them but not letting the same plant get beat on all the time. And these photos do need different feeding than autos so maybe up your cal mag. I don't remember if you had the mars light when you were running the autos but LEDs need plenty of calcium.

Maybe just put a different plant in front of your fan every night. That way your fan is pointed in the right direction to help move air thru them but not letting the same plant get beat on all the time. And these photos do need different feeding than autos so maybe up your cal mag. I don't remember if you had the mars light when you were running the autos but LEDs need plenty of calcium.
I just turned down to two speed and have one 12 “ oscillating fab on floor rotatin and little 6 inch shooting across the middle of tent between tops and light: think I need toe of them though for coverage ?

The fan oscillates, so it sweeps all three with every rotation. I'll put it on high and turn it around or point it down to the floor. It's a small space so other than blowing out the warm air from the incandescents it should still be getting circulation.

True, I only had the Mars at the end of the autos, but I will definitely be upping the calcium on these assuming there is any calcium in that eggshell mix I've got brewing. I can always just up the cal/mag and hope the extra mag doesn't cause an excess.

I just turned down to two speed and have one 12 “ oscillating fab on floor rotatin and little 6 inch shooting across the middle of tent between tops and light: think I need toe of them though for coverage ?
I think you could try aiming the 12" down lower. The tops seem fine as do the leaves not directly in front of the fan.

The fan oscillates, so it sweeps all three with every rotation. I'll put it on high and turn it around or point it down to the floor. It's a small space so other than blowing out the warm air from the incandescents it should still be getting circulation.

True, I only had the Mars at the end of the autos, but I will definitely be upping the calcium on these assuming there is any calcium in that eggshell mix I've got brewing. I can always just up the cal/mag and hope the extra mag doesn't cause an excess.

I think you could try aiming the 12" down lower. The tops seem fine as do the leaves not directly in front of the fan.
Oh by the way how you liking that mars 300 by now?

Saturday and the original AK-47 is dead. Not surprising after what it went through:

20171125_083525.jpg

I have serious doubts about this Gold Leaf as well, though I haven't tossed it yet:

20171125_083759.jpg

Here is the Gold Leaf that is doing fairly well, though it stopped putting out roots a few days ago so there's nothing happening that I can see in the peat. Is it on its way out? Hot roots? Too wet? Not enough/too much light? This is not my bailiwick obviously:

20171125_083748.jpg

Here is the clone box, though after this pic I took out the peat with the seed it in because it wasn't warm enough for germination in there. I have it under a CFL at 2" now. I'm sure it's dead:

20171125_083816.jpg

And lastly, here is the mystery seed, in the bowl for 48 hours. So far...nada:

20171125_084233.jpg

I'm thinking of giving up cloning as it doesn't seem to be my thing. I'm usually better with seeds tho, just not mystery ones.

I prefer the paper towel method for seeds or peat pots after 12 hours of soaking.

Wind burned leaves usually look more dessicated, like Joe's. But Shed, your leaves look plump and well hydrated. Not sure what's going on with yours. Got bugs?

Back
Top Bottom