InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I know, can't sleep with an oily neck though, waiting till it absorbs for maximum treatment. gniiite
Haha that made me lol:laugh::rofl:

Good luck with the oil hope it helps him man.. should help keep the poor guy calm and not so stressed. Sounds like you know what is best for him. Great tip with the oil there and i need to start defoiling more.. i do some but there is still so much lol. :goodluck:

Haha that made me lol:laugh::rofl:

Good luck with the oil hope it helps him man.. should help keep the poor guy calm and not so stressed. Sounds like you know what is best for him. Great tip with the oil there and i need to start defoiling more.. i do some but there is still so much lol. :goodluck:
Thanks Toast! I hope so, If not I'll have to start messing with the blend.

I'm using a modified OldBear system here. He doesn't decarb first and only leaves it in the oven for an hour or so (at 240ºF to do decarb and infusion at the same time). That seems too short to me considering the MB2e goes 4 hours and some go 8 hours. Here's my process so far:
16 grams decarbed and crumbled 420 Blueberry auto, calculated at 10% TCH to err on the conservative side:

I started with 4 ounces of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) but that wasn't enough to cover the buds, so I went with 8 ounces.

Got it all covered and stirred:

I put foil to cover it and put a tiny slit in the foil to keep the pressure even:

Set the oven for 200º F (bumped it to 210º after about 3 hours):

It's been in the oven about 7 hours now:

Around midnight I'll take it out to cool, strain it, stir in 1 tsp of liquid sunflower lecithin, and put it into the fridge overnight. If you're wondering why I didn't use the MB2e machine, it's because you have to use at least 2 cups of oil in that. Tomorrow I'll deal with the CBD side of the equation. More to come then!

Have a good night all!

.... i hate the whole ganjapreneurs hype its ruining the whole cannabis culture ... i wish i could timetravel to the hippie age ... that must have been a swell period to be a teen in ... i mean ... music, sex and herb ... what more could one wish for ...
How far you looking to time travel? Back to when? I have some mild stories, not sure i'm ready to share. But yeah, fun. I was young, naïve, and had very long legs.... Nothing criminal, more innocent observer adjacent kinda stuff. Knew a guy who got kicked out of the Ivy League for dealing.....

Riiiight, 2 cups of oil every time is nonsense. But great if you need a big batch. There is a Levo oil machine that does 1 cup. But otherwise, got to do it old school.
Curious as to the infusion potency, how did it work out?

There's a machine for everything these days. I'll never know the potency unless my wife tries it. I may actually have her take one of my dad's pills before I deliver it to the assisted living place though :).

Happy Sunday evening everyone. Been a busy day so let me dive in...

At 12:10am I turned off the oven and let the oil cool for a while. Then I strained it through two layers of cheese cloth and when it was done dripping, put the mash in the cheesecloth into a ricer to get out every bit I could. I ended up with this:

A bit over 6 ounces of the 8 that I started with. That means there are almost 2 ounces of THC EVOO left in the mash (which is in the freezer).

I stirred 1tsp liquid sunflower lecithin into the mix:

I covered it and put it into the fridge for the night.

This morning I topped Sour G again and then did some LST and some Extreme Leaf Tucking®. When should I be checking to see if it's a girl?:

I made a jig to hold the capsules (which turned out a little loosey-goosey with the 3/8" bit so I may redo it with a 5/16" one. Then I drove to a dispensary to get more CBD oil:

This is labeled 15:1 even though they said it was straight CBD oil at 10mg/ml. I decided to believe them.

I used 4ml CBD oil + 4ml straight EVOO to get 8ml of a 5mg/ml mix. To that I added 8ml of 5mg/ml THC oil:

Total of 16ml of oil, diluted to 2.5mg/ml each of THC and CBD. Let me know if you'd like me to explain the math in greater detail.

The one of oils was heavier so I covered it with saran wrap and shook it up:

before sucking it into this syringe:

61abeYah0UL._SL1500_.jpg

I carefully filled each capsule while my son put the tops on them as I went. 16ml gave me 17 capsules because the 00 capsules are actually only .91ml each. The 0 capsules would be too big for my dad to swallow.

I put them in a container which I will label as CBD oil for the place, because they understand CBD oil and don't understand custom blends. I'm going to have them start him on 1 capsule, 2x a day and see if that makes a difference. I'll try 3x a day if we're not seeing any benefit.

I hope your Sunday was productive as well!

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Super major points for your capSOULS. They have so much love in them I can see.

And your pics were very interesting. :Namaste:

Mr. Shed, I implore you to modify/create a platform that isn't absorbant, as the oil will stain your wood and retain dirt in the fibre's.

You can still use your wooden base for cribbage or something, j/k

I'm just putting it out there cause I'm germ freak and those capsules might be compromised in the future.

Still a majorly innovative DIY project that could be taken further. Have you looked for silicone you can mod that would you find in a kitchen store? Or cover the top of your holder with plastic or silicone for longer time use. You can cut the holes to match.

I can't tell you how proud I am to see you come this far, since our very first convo? "Have you tried oil?"

:circle-of-love:

Super major points for your capSOULS. They have so much love in them I can see.
And your pics were very interesting. :Namaste:
Mr. Shed, I implore you to modify/create a platform that isn't absorbant, as the oil will stain your wood and retain dirt in the fibre's.
You can still use your wooden base for cribbage or something, j/k
I'm just putting it out there cause I'm germ freak and those capsules might be compromised in the future.
Still a majorly innovative DIY project that could be taken further. Have you looked for silicone you can mod that would you find in a kitchen store? Or cover the top of your holder with plastic or silicone for longer time use. You can cut the holes to match.
I can't tell you how proud I am to see you come this far, since our very first convo? "Have you tried oil?":circle-of-love:
Thanks G2! If you ask me again I can say, "No, but my dad has!"

I'm not concerned about spillage or germs on the jig, but I appreciate your concerns! Great ideas of the silicone or plastic but I'm just going to make a new version of the one I did only with 5/16" holes.

Nice Shed! Thank you for the detailed method. I have a buddy who does all of this so I've never seen the process. I'm marking this in my mind so that after a couple more grows, I can get into some of this myself. The Bible says pre-flowering should start 4-6 weeks after vegetative growth started. 16/8 light schedule will show sex before anything longer like 18/6 or 20/4. You are right about there aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom