InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Might work depending on when you'll be there. Summer weekends are harder to figure but as we get closer to the time let us know!

I may be out there Jan next year... idk where Disneyland is compared to you but we can figure it out.

Plants look great! Idk if I missed the totals on the harvest but I'm sure you did well. They were some chunksters fo shoooo

For those who still believe you can flush nutrients from the buds before harvest, yet another article, summarizing a research paper linked below this one:

The link to the original research on the bottom of the page is broken. Here is the original research paper. The information on flushing starts on page 51, and the bar graph of the nutrient breakdown in the dried flower starts on page 71.

There was NO statistical difference in the nutrient levels in the buds after two weeks of flushing IN HYDRO! You read that correctly: in a 100% nutrient-free environment for two weeks before harvest, the dried buds had the same levels of N, S, P, K, Mg, and Ca as the buds that were fed.

So, let's review...you cannot flush nutes from your buds by feeding only water before harvest.

To be fair, the study did not find a statistically significant loss in mass or THC due to flushing, so @TheMadDabber's money-saving reason holds.

The upshot? Flush if you want to, but please stop telling people it's to rid the buds of the "nute taste."

Thanks for reading, and please don't argue the point if you don't have linked scientific studies that contradict these results. Now let's move on to other things.

Re my above post, here is a better version of Mulder’s chart:

912695CC-D5AC-4F2C-93C7-F7FE08484D6F.png

I dont cure my buds either, I blast them!

So I'm not sure I'm a good reference point...

But good info there shed. I'll give it a deeper read through today. I saw something similar recently that said micro nutrients are important but the plant can tolerate little to no NPK at the end.

I'm still interested to know what make buds sparkle like a firework then? And why my unflushed buds dont smoke down to a white ash. Not saying it's the nutes, but has me wondering!

I also had an interesting thought!

I think they flush in the industry because they almost NEVER cure. So I wonder if it's an attempt to "smooth" the smoke as much as possible, so they can unload it ASAP???? that totally makes sense as to why they do it.

Also I think the strawberry kush is a harsher smoke genetically. So when I run clones this winter I will flush one and not the other. Qualitative analysis trumps quantitative IMO.

Science is always changing... just ask the poor PLANET of Pluto or newtons laws. The ideal gas law was once called the perfect gas law... I'm just very happy to have actual cannabis experiments. should be able to set all this stuff straight once and for all.

And remember the science may change, but dabber growing on a budget will be a time tested constant!!

Nice find on the no flush Shed. Garden looks fantastic.
Thanks Derby!
:headbanger:
I stopped flushing 4 grows ago
Nice info Shed
:)
Re my above post, here is a better version of Mulder’s chart:
Thanks Felipe! I was going to look for a larger version of that and you went and found one. :high-five:
I'm still interested to know what make buds sparkle like a firework then? And why my unflushed buds dont smoke down to a white ash. Not saying it's the nutes, but has me wondering!
I dunno Them, but I have about 7 strains and 11 plants in jars. No fireworks and they all burn fine. And none of them flushed.
that totally makes sense as to why they do it.
It makes sense that they're saving money. If they think they're flushing the nutes from the buds, they're just wrong.
Science is always changing
We make new discoveries all the time, though Pluto not being a planet wasn't one of them (that was a change in the definition of "planet" and had nothing to do with science). Also, Newton was born in 1642, so he did pretty damn well considering what he had to work with!

So are you thinking that in a few years we will discover that you can flush those elements from the buds?
dabber growing on a budget will be a time tested constant!
Of that we can be certain! Like I said, flush if you want to, just change the explanation so as not to mislead new growers on the science.

And now that we've put the flushing-the-nutes-from-the-buds debate to rest, let's get to the quickie Wednesday update!

One pic and one pic only this sunny morning, and that's of the outdoor clones:

Here is the plan for these:
• The Berry Bomb from @Agemon (thanks again!) will go into a 5g pot this weekend. It got about an hour and a half of direct sun this morning and is spending the rest of the day in the shade.
• The Candida top will go into a 1 gallon pot and will be flowered along with the rest of the summer grow.
• The 3 Candidas will be given away.
• The Sour G will go into a 1 gallon and either get flipped with the summer plants (if there's room) or grown out for cuttings and turned into salve.
• The two AK-47s will go into 1 gallon pots as part of a comparison grow. I recently got samples of a product from a new sponsor here called Vulx (thank you for the head's-up @MrSauga), described in their introductory post here:

Since these are nearly identical in size and cut at the same time from the same plant, I'll run one in straight ProMix HP with the standard nute schedule. The other will be in ProMix and Vulx, using 50% nutes per their recommendation. Stay tuned for that. :slide:

I hope you're having a sunny day as well! :cool:

And now that we've put the flushing-the-nutes-from-the-buds debate to rest, let's get to the quickie Wednesday update!

One pic and one pic only this sunny morning, and that's of the outdoor clones:

Here is the plan for these:
• The Berry Bomb from @Agemon (thanks again!) will go into a 5g pot this weekend. It got about an hour and a half of direct sun this morning and is spending the rest of the day in the shade.
• The Candida top will go into a 1 gallon pot and will be flowered along with the rest of the summer grow.
• The 3 Candidas will be given away.
• The Sour G will go into a 1 gallon and either get flipped with the summer plants (if there's room) or grown out for cuttings and turned into salve.
• The two AK-47s will go into 1 gallon pots as part of a comparison grow. I recently got samples of a product from a new sponsor here called Vulx (thank you for the head's-up @MrSauga), described in their introductory post here:

Since these are nearly identical in size and cut at the same time from the same plant, I'll run one in straight ProMix HP with the standard nute schedule. The other will be in ProMix and Vulx, using 50% nutes per their recommendation. Stay tuned for that. :slide:

I hope you're having a sunny day as well! :cool:
Just the person I've been looking for. I just got 3 gallon pots for my autos. I could safely use a 1 gallon for entire grow or do you up pot to simething bigget? Thanks

Just the person I've been looking for. I just got 3 gallon pots for my autos. I could safely use a 1 gallon for entire grow or do you up pot to simething bigget? Thanks
My autos go from sprouting in a peat puck straight into 7 gallons. If 3g is biggest you have room for, go with those. I'm thinking the only reason for going with a 1g is if you want to fit a few in the corners where there might be unused space in a veg tent.

I recently got samples of a product from a new sponsor here called Vulx
Nice job on the samples Shed! I'm glad to see they sent some your way! Good luck... it'll be good to see what you think of it.

edit: wtf did the ? come from?

Back
Top Bottom