Hey Shed

Do you pre mix yer MC, store it so ta speak

If soooooooooo

Howwwww

I'm just running it and small dose of Power Si silica...and that's all I need
And my tap water
Maybe my bucket

But that's it

It's amazing that 9 weeks in and 7 days into flip and it's still not 100% certain across the board.

I was thinking about that this weekend when I finally got to see pre-flowers on the rest of my Grape Krush x Stankberry, ATF x Stankberry, that seems like an oddly long time to show sex. Even at 6-7 weeks I was getting anxious.

2 oz's of found goodness
It's like finding a $100 bill in yer golf bag
Been there...done that too
I found $175 cash in my evacuation small-backpack yesterday (finally unpacking it). Such a great moment!
I like finding my kids' cash in the dryer! "Anyone missing a $20 bill?"
Do you pre mix yer MC, store it so ta speak
If soooooooooo Howwwww
I do, all the time. I have 4 gallons mixed and ready to go right now. I mix mine in a 5 gallon bucket and stir it with a piece of driftwood. It all dissolves in about 30 seconds. Then it goes in 1 gallon milk jugs and left in a plastic storage shed by the hot tub. The "chemical shed" we call it, to distinguish it from the shed and the bike shed.

If you use silica, that goes in first as usual, but keep in mind that Si comes with K, and there's already a lot of K in MC, which is why farside adds cal-mag to his mix. That brings up the N to balance the ratio. Too much for me to bother with, so I'm on straight MC.

I was thinking about that this weekend when I finally got to see pre-flowers on the rest of my Grape Krush x Stankberry, ATF x Stankberry, that seems like an oddly long time to show sex. Even at 6-7 weeks I was getting anxious.
I know right?

If you use silica, that goes in first as usual, but keep in mind that Si comes with K, and there's already a lot of K in MC, which is why farside adds cal-mag to his mix. That brings up the N to balance the ratio. Too much for me to bother with, so I'm on straight MC.

I saw his, and kinda understood why

I'll probably stop after 3 week old kiddos like I do in DWC, just help start strong stems

But may just go plain MC, reason I'm trying it and the dirty dirty Dirt is for simplicity since I'll have about 18 seedlings in about a week

Why do I do this too myself

Lol

@West Hippie is in DWC with straight MC on his Dosidos and doesn't have any stem problems. Just a thought.

Soooooo funny

Starting 4 DTF into a DWC tub right now, and splitting up the 3 Daddies Bloody Skunk as well, they are like day 28

Sat there...looked at the MC , then the GH nutes.....

Went GH, for now...lol

But was some internal discussion for sure

:D I found $175 cash in my evacuation small-backpack yesterday (finally unpacking it). Such a great moment!
:high-five:
Amy,
I accidentally dropped my cash in your backpack...
;)

Tagging a buddy in all the bestest threads. LoL

Welcome @pufferbill
:passitleft:

This is my mentor! Well, one of them... but complete awesomeness all around in here.
:thumb:

Amy,
I accidentally dropped my cash in your backpack...
Har!
Tagging a buddy in all the bestest threads. LoL
Welcome @pufferbill
This is my mentor! Well, one of them... but complete awesomeness all around in here.
Thanks P! Saw this on my sub list :):
wall o'preston.JPG

LoL
My apologies sir
Hahaha!
I figured you were up to something!

---------------------------------------

Looks like it's going to be raining all week, so it's going to be tough to keep Norcali's attention. But I thought I'd give it a go for the Tuesday update...

I needed to supercrop the Golden Tiger again (day 88, flip 8). But since it has to fit in the tent I supercropped backwards and sideways:

There was nothing underneath that needs direct light, so this should fill in the gaps.

Moving on, here are the Golden Tiger and Fruit Punch clones (two of each):

Neither of the tops rooted, but they had pretty thick stems, so probably not the best candidates.

And last for the day, the spring three (day 6 for the AF-47s and day 5 for the Carnival):

The short ones are about 1½" tall and the tall one is 3". I may have to start LST any day now ;).

I hope it's sunny where you are! :cool:

Forgot how fast things move around here.

That bread looks amazing Shed. How old is the starter? Do you have any sour dough starter recipes you'd be willing to share? I don't expect any family secrets if that's what it is. :)

The Mrs is just starting to get into bread making, and sour dough's on the to do list apparently, so thought I'd ask.

Your garden's looking green as always, think I might try out the tooth pick prop trick on my 2 young ones. They could do with a bit of support.

I'd like to ask you and the peeps that hang out. If you had to buy a book to teach someone to grow, what one would you go for?

I've got an Uncle who is trying to grow, he has little to no use of the internet, and I live in another country. Think an old school book is the way to go, but preferably one that's up to date.

:Namaste:

That bread looks amazing Shed. How old is the starter? Do you have any sour dough starter recipes you'd be willing to share? I don't expect any family secrets if that's what it is.
My starter is pretty old, as it was sent to me by @dynamo1 who got it from his father. There are tons of sourdough starter recipes online and videos as well. I can't vouch for them obviously, but the folks making videos where white chef's aprons so that's impressive at least ;). It took me a couple of weeks to get my starter into shape after shipping, but now I have the system pretty locked in. My starter stays in the fridge now and comes out Thursday nights if I'm going to bake that Sunday morning. Ambient temperature seems to play a much bigger role than mentioned when making starter, levain, and dough!

Once Mrs. D has the starter going, let me know if you need any help from the research I've done.
I'd like to ask you and the peeps that hang out. If you had to buy a book to teach someone to grow, what one would you go for?
Other than the Cannabis Grow Bible (which I have never read), I have no idea. But I'm sure a few of the other folks here have some ideas

Cheers Shed, the Cannabis Grow Bible was my first thought. I've only heard of it, never seen a copy, just wondered if there was anything else out there worthy of a look.

I'm going to suggest my Mum buys it him, for his birthday. This is a really weird turn of events, the times are indeed a changin'

:Namaste:

Highya ITS, guys,

I have a copy of the Cannabis Grow Bible. It's not bad. Best suggestion is to go to a bookstore and let him see for himself. But, my best suggestion is to get him hooked up to 420 magazine!! I have learned so much more than the book!!

Love the Golden Tiger. Looks so dainty. You have them both under control, and looking very nice. Great start to summer. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom