InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

For those who still believe you can flush nutrients from the buds before harvest, yet another article, summarizing a research paper linked below this one:

The link to the original research on the bottom of the page is broken. Here is the original research paper. The information on flushing starts on page 51, and the bar graph of the nutrient breakdown in the dried flower starts on page 71.

There was NO statistical difference in the nutrient levels in the buds after two weeks of flushing IN HYDRO! You read that correctly: in a 100% nutrient-free environment for two weeks before harvest, the dried buds had the same levels of N, S, P, K, Mg, and Ca as the buds that were fed.

So, let's review...you cannot flush nutes from your buds by feeding only water before harvest.

To be fair, the study did not find a statistically significant loss in mass or THC due to flushing, so @TheMadDabber's money-saving reason holds.

The upshot? Flush if you want to, but please stop telling people it's to rid the buds of the "nute taste."

Thanks for reading, and please don't argue the point if you don't have linked scientific studies that contradict these results. Now let's move on to other things.
So in the Shed do u flush ?

:thumb::ciao:

with 51ppm Ca and 20ppm Mg (and no silica).
too much mg! I dunno much about working w these kinds of nutes - but that seems way off to me. Amazing you said it’s one of the main lines? :hmmmm:
And there are a couple different lines of DDA x Carnival crosses amongst the members if anyone is interested. They throw outstanding phenos - purple and plum or grape, green with lime, etc. Good stuff! :bongrip:
:surf: I would be fully stoked to have some of those to grow :passitleft:

Just watching and learning, sir. ✌
:Namaste:
Noted! :thanks:
So in the Shed do u flush ?
Um no, not to clean the nute taste from my buds.
I dunno much about working w these kinds of nutes
Me neeths. MegaCrop at its manufacturer-recommended-flower-dose comes in at 89ppm Ca and 36ppm Mg if that's any consolation. To be clear, these are PPM numbers, not grams.
I would be fully stoked to have some of those to grow
LOL!
Carnival sounds kind of amazing. Might need to add that one to my ‘grow bucket list‘.
If you're not a sativa person, you can skip it. The early tester report bordered on jittery!

Carnival is up on deck as soon as this grow is finished and I think I will pair it with some Black Cherry Bop. I think those two will be real winners in the buzz department and the BCB has some nice terps. I am looking forward to that grow.

How about a fun-filled manic Monday update, the one where we bounce from plant to plant!

Let's lead with the Carnival harvest, which I pulled from the drying tent (yes, mine is also in a 2-in-1 tent!) on Saturday after 7 days, cut the buds off the branches, and put them into three turkey bags. The RH settled at 61% overnight, so I thought I'd weigh them before they took on more moisture :).

Final harvest weight? 297g, 10.48 oz (1.74g/day above ground).

They now get burped for two weeks before going into jars for the cure.

Moving on to a harvest, you may remember that I had flipped a Candida in case the GA3 produced pollen quickly. Since it didn't, I had a small Candida to take down, which I did on Saturday afternoon. Here it is on flip day 58:

SaugaView®:

It's hanging in the tent since that room has gotten so crowded that I don't have room for the drying box!

Moving on and speaking of the Candida sprayed with the GA3, here it is on flip day 39:

It's not going to give me pollen, so I took nine cuttings from another Candida yesterday to see how I can do with lower PPM of GA3. If at first you don't succeed...

And last, how about some gratuitous trichome shots of the @Weedseedsexpress flowering two, since I already had the loupe out! Here they are on flip day 42.

Chocolope:

Power Plant:

They're both listed at 56-63 days, so another two or three weeks to go.

I hope you all had a good weekend and continue to stay safe in a world where masks denote politics rather than concern for the health of your neighbors. :peace:

If at first you don't succeed...
:thumb:
MegaCrop at its manufacturer-recommended-flower-dose comes in at 89ppm Ca and 36ppm Mg if that's any consolation.
:hmmmm: ... less than 3:1 - too much Mg (I got those numbers right, yes? From the organic soil and high brix learning that I have done this last few years, 8-10:1 is the desirable Ca:Mg ratio. Dunno if the style of nutes changes that at all but I don’t think so.

That thing you say about masks... do you mean because folks are serving hem when it’s compulsory not because of the actual medical reasons? Or do you mean that the mask wearing itself just a political statement? ... I need to know :)

less than 3:1 - too much Mg (I got those numbers right, yes? From the organic soil and high brix learning that I have done this last few years, 8-10:1 is the desirable Ca:Mg ratio.
I don't know anything other than what I read, and what I have read is this:
"If soil calcium and magnesium levels are adequate and soil pH is acceptable, variations in the calcium-to-magnesium ratio between 2 and 8 have been shown to have no influence on crop yield."

and this:
"While some sales people and scientists have claimed that there is an “ideal” soil calcium to magnesium ratio (Ca:Mg), and that Wisconsin soils contain too much magnesium for the amount of calcium present, research in Wisconsin shows this is not true. The Ca:Mg ratio seldom limits plant growth if soil pH is maintained in the good growing range. Thus, we do not recommend applying calcium materials to soils simply to increase the Ca:Mg ratios."
Or do you mean that the mask wearing itself just a political statement?
Not wearing a mask here is often a statement of supporting the president or deciding that science is wrong/biased/subversive, rather than wearing one because it protects everyone you come in contact with. I don't think this has happened in any other civilized country.

I don't think this has happened in any other civilized country
Peculiar, isn’t it?
If only all of the non-wearers of masks would herd together.
The problem would go away.
Like a magnesium imbalance.
Hey, Shed I harvested our candida last night. She’s a beauty. Thank you!
:love:

@InTheShed, after seeing that picture, I am quite sure that the GA3 level was too high and just delayed flower set, aside from the usual stretch.

Next go, I would try in the 120ppm range, but to get that accurate with your scale, you would have to use 1.2g mixed into 10L of water...this would give you between 120-125ppm with your scale.

Hey, Shed I harvested our candida last night. She’s a beauty. Thank you! :love:
I knew you would treat it well. I'll be over to check it out soon, and congratulations!
@InTheShed, after seeing that picture, I am quite sure that the GA3 level was too high and just delayed flower set, aside from the usual stretch.

Next go, I would try in the 120ppm range, but to get that accurate with your scale, you would have to use 1.2g mixed into 10L of water...this would give you between 120-125ppm with your scale.
I was going to dilute down what I have in the fridge if you think that will work. Cut it with 25% water, spray one plant for 5 days, cut it with another 25%, spray another for 5 days, cut it with another 25% water, spray a third for 5 days. Then I'll have one at 135ppm, one at 90ppm and one at 45ppm. One of those should work!

What does that make the 0.00g x120ppm on a less industrial scale, say 500ml?
Trouble with pencils with these hoofs :thanks:

I knew you would treat it well. I'll be over to check it out soon, and congratulations!

I was going to dilute down what I have in the fridge if you think that will work. Cut it with 25% water, spray one plant for 5 days, cut it with another 25%, spray another for 5 days, cut it with another 25% water, spray a third for 5 days. Then I'll have one at 135ppm, one at 90ppm and one at 45ppm. One of those should work!

Sure that will work, and those would be average numbers giving a good ppm to shoot for with future “troublesome” girls, like my PC bitch :rofl:

And I know you will keep good record of the results for each, one reason why I enjoy your thread :)

0.6g will give you 120ppm in 500ml water Donkey :) your hooves with pencils vs my fingers and touch screens...could be a hellava contest :rofl:
I four foot, I mean for feet. No! Forfeit, that’s it.
Thanks for the maffs, maestro!

How about a fun-filled manic Monday update, the one where we bounce from plant to plant!

Let's lead with the Carnival harvest, which I pulled from the drying tent (yes, mine is also in a 2-in-1 tent!) on Saturday after 7 days, cut the buds off the branches, and put them into three turkey bags. The RH settled at 61% overnight, so I thought I'd weigh them before they took on more moisture :).

Final harvest weight? 297g, 10.48 oz (1.74g/day above ground).

They now get burped for two weeks before going into jars for the cure.

WOW! Nice haul on the Carnival, Shed!

:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom