InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sunday greetings all, and a bit of an update for you this evening!

I topped the Red Dragon today:

And because it was getting pretty old, the top two remaining nodes were long enough to tie down:

SaugaView®:

I offset them a bit when I tied them to clear room for the nodes below.

For those interested in what topping and training looks like from day 1 to day 11, here it is:

Notice that the Tin Can Kush on the right is much less tree-shaped than the Red Dragon on the left, and is developing a nice flat canopy. When the RD catches up it will be time to flip these.

And because I topped the Red Dragon, I took the top and cut the lowest nodes and put them in ProMix for cloning, along with the highest and lowest nodes on the seed Candida:

We'll see.

I hope you all had a good weekend! :slide:

East coast some people say Dukes is
Grew up in a Hellmanns fam. Dukes to me was like country or georgia mayo. It doesn't suck but somehow in my mind is like white trash mayo. All the girls,clones.and and babies are looking great Shed.Love the Red Dragon clones. Finally going to be able to run a couple girls outdoors this year so may holler Neem neem neem.:bong:

This, besides the bacon, is integral to a BLT.
"This" meaning Miracle Whip? Your culinary ancestors are rolling in their graves!
Grew up in a Hellmanns fam. Dukes to me was like country or georgia mayo. It doesn't suck but somehow in my mind is like white trash mayo. All the girls,clones.and and babies are looking great Shed.Love the Red Dragon clones. Finally going to be able to run a couple girls outdoors this year so may holler Neem neem neem.
Thanks and shake shake neem neem! We're gonna need pics Kis. :)
Your plants are looking great and I want to say, you do some of the best play-by-play updates, complete with photos and descriptions, than anyone. Thank you.
Thank you BigD! I do my darnedest to be helpful. :Namaste:

And sometimes I will intentionally leave a little water in the bottom of the cups if there are already roots growing out of the bottom, to keep them from air pruning.
I was always very careful to keep water out of the bottom, thinking it would be bad. Hopefully I didn’t stunt my roots.
I offset them a bit when I tied them to clear room for the nodes below.
Good idea! I’ll add this to my notes as well.

My clones and my seedlings begin life in clear solo cup (with drain holes cut along the bottom edge) inside solid solo cups.
Oh thank you Shed. I knew there was a reason and the more I thought about it I pretty much thought I had figured it out. I will definitely follow this procedure next time I do photo seeds. :green_heart:

Monday update...so those weren't birth marks on the Jack Herer, because now there are more:

And @BooWho2 has a pair of leaves that look almost identical on her Grape Krush.

Hers have gotten a very light feeding and mine are just getting tap water for now.

Any thoughts?

I was always very careful to keep water out of the bottom, thinking it would be bad. Hopefully I didn’t stunt my roots.
I don't let them really sit in water, but I do try to leave enough for it to be damp at the bottom. Even a little will keep the roots white.
Good idea! I’ll add this to my notes as well.
:high-five:
I knew there was a reason and the more I thought about it I pretty much thought I had figured it out.
Once you figure it out it seems so obvious!

Monday update...so those weren't birth marks on the Jack Herer, because now there are more:
Oh wow, those got much worse. I wonder what is causing it.

Any thoughts?
I'd wait to see how the second set of leaves do- trying to fix her at this tender age might do more harm than good...just my 2 cents
Really odd that she'd do that this early, since she's supposed to be living off the cotyledons right now.
Seems like it may be an excess, rather than a deficiency, although I don't know what it'd be an excess of...

Oh wow, those got much worse. I wonder what is causing it.
I know right?
I'd wait to see how the second set of leaves do- trying to fix her at this tender age might do more harm than good...just my 2 cents
Really odd that she'd do that this early, since she's supposed to be living off the cotyledons right now.
Seems like it may be an excess, rather than a deficiency, although I don't know what it'd be an excess of...
That's interesting Carcass, and thanks for saying it out loud or it I wouldn't have thought of it: this is used ProMix, having come out of the pot that the Durban Poison was in. So I wonder if that tap root hit a spot of nutes left over from the last grow. :hmmmm:

All three are in the same mix, but there might just be a hotspot in that cup. I'll water it to runoff tonight and see if that helps straighten it out.

I don't know if @BooWho2 is in new or used ProMix though...

I know right?

That's interesting Carcass, and thanks for saying it out loud or it I wouldn't have thought of it: this is used ProMix, having come out of the pot that the Durban Poison was in. So I wonder if that tap root hit a spot of nutes left over from the last grow. :hmmmm:

All three are in the same mix, but there might just be a hotspot in that cup. I'll water it to runoff tonight and see if that helps straighten it out.

I don't know if @BooWho2 is in new or used ProMix though...
All 8 of mine are in brand new ProMix HP with no amendments other than the few “garnishes” of 1 g/gal MC recently. Stoner thought: wonder if you could do the same thing with MC as the GeoFlora. Likely NOT! :cheesygrinsmiley:

All 8 of mine are in brand new ProMix HP with no amendments other than the few “garnishes” of 1 g/gal MC recently.
Well that doesn't help at all! :)
wonder if you could do the same thing with MC as the GeoFlora. Likely NOT!
Nah, the balls dissolve at a different rate from the powder (if your version has balls), and either way it's not designed to filter down through the soil sprouting microbes as it goes. Interesting thought though!

Since you and Boo are both having the same kind of “birth mark” could it be genetics? Aren’t they from the same batch of seeds? But I really don’t know anything about genetics or seed breeding so I may be and probably am way off base.

I think it’s this. I’ve had the same issue and both times it seemed like too much water and inconsistent soil.

And @BooWho2 has a pair of leaves that look almost identical on her Grape Krush.

Hers have gotten a very light feeding and mine are just getting tap water for now.

Any thoughts?

I don't let them really sit in water, but I do try to leave enough for it to be damp at the bottom. Even a little will keep the roots white.

:high-five:

Once you figure it out it seems so obvious!
either PH fluctuation problem, root rot or water drip.. Looks mirrored, like a bubble was sitting there. If that had a zero chance of happening, check your PH.

When in solo cups, i dunk to water from bottom instead of top maybe 1 time first 10-15 days, then i spray water bottle into slits in bottom of cup to give burst of O2 every day. Just like 3 shots into each bottom.
I think it’s this. I’ve had the same issue and both times it seemed like too much water and inconsistent soil.

either PH fluctuation problem, root rot or water drip.. Looks mirrored, like a bubble was sitting there. If that had a zero chance of happening, check your PH.

When in solo cups, i dunk to water from bottom instead of top maybe 1 time first 10-15 days, then i spray water bottle into slits in bottom of cup to give burst of O2 every day. Just like 3 shots into each bottom.
Great idea, I’m going to try this. Make it easy on the tap root without drowning the plant.

Great idea, I’m going to try this. Make it easy on the tap root without drowning the plant.
right on man, and reduces the chance for stem base rot also. We want roots to find water, especially young roots. SO if we water just the bottom, and let it wick up, so much better. PLUS, when we top water, the Nutes at the top, are going to be heavy impact on the roots below. Thats why we see alot of growers having over feed indicaters. Because, yea, they are getting 100"s %% way more then they need. Alll while washing nutes right out the bottom, before they are even available to the plant.

Grow on bro,

Looking good in Shedsville!

Hellmann's and Best Foods have since cut that ingredient out
And this must have been when I stopped using Hellman's because both the taste and consistency changed all of a sudden.

I'm a Kraft Mayo guy now. I don't typically read ingredient lists (probably should). But I know when I open a jar of Kraft's it's full of mayonnaise! :laughtwo:
I'd wait to see how the second set of leaves do- trying to fix her at this tender age might do more harm than good.
I agree with Carcass. Weird stuff often happens to that first set of leaves, never to be seen again.

Back
Top Bottom