InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Seems unfair that a gas guzzler should also be required to use the most expensive gas.

She actually drives it less than 500 miles a year, so it's not exactly putting a big dent in the budget...
Apparently, the truck is mainly there so the kids can borrow it- they put about 4k a year on it, and one of the rules is they return it with a full tank...so we actually make out like bandits.... ;)

I saw on the news that gasoline in the east might go all the way up to $3.00 a gallon...:oops:
IKR? IF you can find gas. :straightface: I have a little Mazda 3 so she’s a thrifty little driver at about 34 miles per gallon. I’ve clearly not been watching the news closely enough because my state is in a state of emergency over the gas situation…and it’s kinda real in my neck of the woods. Gas stations within a 20 mile radius have plastic bags in the gas pump handles. I actually had to ask my mom “how much gas is in your car” because I’ve got 1/2 tank and going to her place, driving around, and coming home doesn’t leave me in a comfort zone in case of emergency….because I’m old now too! Luckily I stumbled upon a gas delivery in mom’s little town and was able to fill the Mazda’s tiny tank.:cheesygrinsmiley:
You might want to trade in the Ferrari and get something that takes standard!
Nope. NO! IF you have a Ferrari (or anything close to that which brings you joy) hang onto it for a couple months or so. You will be able to fill that tank soon. :high-five:

Luckily I stumbled upon a gas delivery in mom’s little town and was able to fill the Mazda’s tiny tank.
Your mom is in the best location for gas and isopropyl alcohol! Whatever is running low, she can get some.
Nope. NO! IF you have a Ferrari (or anything close to that which brings you joy) hang onto it for a couple months or so. You will be able to fill that tank soon.
That's very forward-looking of you. :thumb:

I couldn't read the label on the Chiquita Banana so thanks for posting which one it was below. They look good.
I had to stake one of my summer plants, too as it kept falling over.
I couldn't read it on my big screen so I figured listing them was a good idea!
She actually drives it less than 500 miles a year, so it's not exactly putting a big dent in the budget...
Apparently, the truck is mainly there so the kids can borrow it- they put about 4k a year on it, and one of the rules is they return it with a full tank...so we actually make out like bandits....
The house always wins. :)

I don't know, but if it's a logistics issue it goes back to early last year. When I bought the bales I just ran out of, Lowe's was discontinuing them (last May) and selling them at half price...and they were two years past manufacture date even at that point. Maybe they're not a big seller down here?
Well, early last year was the start of the pandemic. I could see some issues with transporting certain products but not so much the promix. Who knows, their products sell fairly well here I think, among others.
When one pipeline closes, another opens.
Maybe pipelines within your country. I've been hearing that the #5 pipeline from Canada to the US (maybe thats the one that's causing shortages there, I'm unsure) that needs to be replaced, and will not be getting replaced now. Going to be a huge blow to our economy here in western Canada not being able to get our oil to market. British Columbia stopped us from running a pipeline to the west coast, and Quebec stopped one running east to a New Brunswick refinery. And now this..
I saw on the news that gasoline in the east might go all the way up to $3.00 a gallon...:oops:
Thank goodness it's still at it's usual low,low price here- only $4.85/gallon for premium....:straightface:
and there's 2 refineries within 15 miles of my house..
Fuel prices in the US have always been lower than up here in Canada. Right now we are paying in the ballpark of $1.25 per liter for regular gas, that's 4.75 per US gallon. Premium is likely around 1.40-1.45 a liter.
And to think, I live in an oilfield area too

using the new potting soil.
How do you like the looks of it? I bought some of their All Natural Potting Mix. It has about 75% age forest products, so lots of what I call “woody debris”, which I’m not really a big fan of. Looking on the back label, they have different mixes for different parts of the country.

So I mixed it with 50% perlite
Wow, that seems like a lot to me. Looks like you’ll be watering quite often.

All my cars are stick shifts, only the minivans are automatics!
Why so many stick shifts?

It's the Friday mini-update, and I'm gearing up for a busy weekend. I have to upcan the Chiquita Banana, thin the Tin Can Kush and Red Dragon in prep for flipping (and take clones), thin the seed Candida (and take clones), thin the mother Candida (and take clones), mix up the STS and start spraying, and of course, do the taxes!

Not to mention that my son's short documentary film is due Saturday at midnight, so I'll be helping with that.

So I'm taking it easy today and just posting a pic of the Spring grow in the tent this morning, on day 91. Red Dragon is on a box to raise it a bit:

I had no intention of vegging this long, but things don't always fall into place. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Starting tomorrow, these two will be moving into the shed at night because they're getting too big for the tent. I'll also be flowering the Candidas in there. The Summer grow will move into the tent, which will free up space on the desk for all the cuttings.

It's all part of my evil master shoot-from-the-hip plan!

Two weeks from my second shot today, so I'm down to one mask at work! :thumb: Stay safe all.

Well, early last year was the start of the pandemic. I could see some issues with transporting certain products but not so much the promix. Who knows, their products sell fairly well here I think, among others.
True, but the stuff that Lowe's was selling was really old stock.
British Columbia stopped us from running a pipeline to the west coast, and Quebec stopped one running east to a New Brunswick refinery. And now this..
Time to retool that industry for something more sustainable!
How do you like the looks of it? I bought some of their All Natural Potting Mix. It has about 75% age forest products, so lots of what I call “woody debris”, which I’m not really a big fan of. Looking on the back label, they have different mixes for different parts of the country.
I try to take out the big pieces when I'm mixing it up with the perlite, but the smaller ones just add to the drainage!
Wow, that seems like a lot to me. Looks like you’ll be watering quite often.
I don't think it will be more often than with ProMix HP, but we'll see!
Why so many stick shifts?
What's agin it? I learned on a stick in 1975 (four on the steering column Peugeot 404), and I like to be in control of what gear I'm in rather than having the automatic transmission trying to figure out what I'm thinking. :)

True, but the stuff that Lowe's was selling was really old stock.
I suppose maybe they just didn't sell enough of it in your area.
Try telling the people that lol
My area does have some other very big energy resources. Currently power comes from coal, we have massive coal mines here. They want to shut that down by 2030. Now there's a massive geothermal project on the go where they have successfully drilled already and are using the heat/steam pressure I believe to create energy. It's not up and running yet but should be within the next 2 years.

We also have the first of its kind in the world carbon capture facility connected to our power plants. Elon Musk was even invited to come see it.

It's the Friday mini-update, and I'm gearing up for a busy weekend. I have to upcan the Chiquita Banana, thin the Tin Can Kush and Red Dragon in prep for flipping (and take clones), thin the seed Candida (and take clones), thin the mother Candida (and take clones), mix up the STS and start spraying, and of course, do the taxes!
Not to mention that my son's short documentary film is due Saturday at midnight, so I'll be helping with that.

So do you still keep a part time job?

I learned on a stick in 1975 (four on the steering column Peugeot 404), and I like to be in control of what gear I'm in rather than having the automatic transmission trying to figure out what I'm thinking. :)
You are so ready for a paddle shifter. :idea:
It should be your next big move. High performance and electric of course for me.

I had no intention of vegging this long, but things don't always fall into place. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Boy am I glad to hear it’s not just me!

They are looking beautiful and ready to go! :cheer:

Me and mom got our second shot yesterday. After work today was just exhausted came home and passed out for 4 hours. So yeah be prepared for fatigue roughly 15 hours after you get the second dose. I got two stick shift vehicles. They keep me out of trouble. Why am i in 5th gear in a 35 zone ? Downshift. Veg girls look great. Looking forward to see how the Red Dragon flowers out. Looking up the genetics on your Tin Can kush because I'm nosy like that.:)

I miss my 5 and 6 speed commuter vehicles. Wife can drive a stick, but prefers not to, so the car is auto. Of curse my full-sized truck is auto, not too much of a way around that. Honestly I prefer a nice and smooth 13 or 18 speed heavy truck. I used to always drive standard light trucks and cars. Some day again I'll have an old Toyota pickup or something similar that's stick shift. Or an old diesel truck that is I guess. Now you got me thinking of old.memories as I sit by the campfire in the back yard. Have a great weekend everyone!

tent is looking good shed.

it's a right wing gov't. the only thing they can sustain long term is killing stuff necessary to support life.

We also have the first of its kind in the world carbon capture facility connected to our power plants. Elon Musk was even invited to come see it.

the carbon capture doesn't work for crap. my pops engineering firm keeps getting dragged back in to try fix it. they told the gov't 15yrs ago it wouldn't work the way it was envisioned.

the geo-plant does show promise though

You are so ready for a paddle shifter. :idea:
It should be your next big move. High performance and electric of course for me.

the first time you have a shifter mess up will be the last time you ever want a car with paddles. avg cost to fix those things is a bit north of $8500 in just labour. the trannies last an avg of 5 - 8 yrs, unless run like a grandma. most expensive a clutch gets is $1200 all in.

i doubt i'm ever gonna be able to afford an electric. i'd run one for sure though if i could. probably still keep the bmw though.

Back
Top Bottom