InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Not a bad idea. Just be careful. Dont want them to fall over. If I were there with my tape you wouldn't have to worry nothing moves after I'm done giving it a tape job.

Clone day 3! 99% humidity in the box this morning so I left the lid off for about 15 minutes and it got down to 95% at the bottom. Temps in the low to mid 70s in there so I'm hoping that's all good. I do want the soil to dry out a bit so I can get Great White in there without drowning them so I'll be venting the lid whenever I'm home.

Here's this morning's pic before I sprayed them and covered them for the day.

20171019_074808.jpg

I tried tipping them to get the leaves off the ceiling but I would have had to go so far over the roots would have gotten confused as to where to grow so I left them as is.

Planning ahead:
1. Should I take off the flowering bits?
2. Do roots show first or new growth?
3. I'm guessing clones continue with alternating nodes so how will I recognize new growth? Will the small shoots just take off or does it come straight out of the top?
4. How do you top a plant with alternating nodes? It's not like two will grow if you cut it, will it?
5. And last, when I up-pot can I bury more of the stem? I need these to start off shorter than they are now.

Thanks all! Hope your week has been good so far :Namaste:

Well, this auto grower has jumped into Clone World because I got an offer, and who am I to turn down free plants!

Details:
- 420 AK-47 fem (x2): 20:1 THC/CBD, 60% Indica/40% Sativa
- 420 Gold Leaf fem: 21:"high" THC/CBD (really 420, what the heck does that mean?), 35% Indica/65% Sativa
- Clones taken from recently flipped healthy parents, AK has pistils, Gold Leaf does not
- These will be kept in veg until next fall, so for now they will be outside during the day and moved under lights at night ~20/4 once they root. Once we're past the vernal equinox they will be grown outside exclusively
- The clones are in Miracle Grow potting mix (no nutes) for now. They will be up-potted into Dr Earth Pot of Gold
- Soil mix will be 70% soil/30% rinsed perlite
- Pots will be scaled up as needed to approx 7 gallon smart pot
- Sunlit during the day, under 64 watt T8 plus CFLs at night
- Air cooled, like literally air cooled.
- Temps determined by mother nature with the help of heat from the lights at night. Shed is unheated.
- Pests are many and various and will be handled organically with neem, spinosad, BT, and diatomaceous earth
- Watered as needed
- Nutes:
Cal/Mag +
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Fox Farm Open Sesame 5-45-19
Great White mycorrhizae

I use pH Down because my tap water runs pretty alkaline (around 7.6 pH) and when left standing it rises to 8.4. I'm shooting for the 6.0-6.4 pH range.

For the record, my tap water is ~100PPM and is purified with chloramine, which doesn't evaporate. Even so, I let my water stand out for at least 24 hour before I use it. No idea why.

Next post...PICS (and the first night of cloning story...)!

Excited bro!! I got gold leaf too!!

Saturday and it's day 5. Everything is still alive which I consider a very nice thing! It was getting a little chilly in the box (68º) so I put a heating pad underneath to warm it up. It goes off after an hour so I have to remember to keep checking! RH is pegged at 99% and I'm wary to let it dry out at all since it seems to be doing ok up there.

Should I just leave it at 99% until I see roots?

20171021_131010.jpg

Poke a couple holes for a vent? I would suggest 70 to 90%. Too high and mold will form really fast and fungi love warm wet area. Just my 2 cents but shoot they look awesome shed! Keep it up bud

Yeah screw it. They look happy as can be. It's like a tropical paradise in that tub :). Just keep the h202 handy if you notice any white fuzzy gerbil on the soil give it a little watered down spray . Otherwise I think your good until you see roots. In that environment I'm guessing as soon as next week for sure bud.

Poke a couple holes for a vent? I would suggest 70 to 90%. Too high and mold will form really fast and fungi love warm wet area. Just my 2 cents but shoot they look awesome shed! Keep it up bud

I left the top vented for an hour or so and it got down to 85%, but...

Just remember the only source of water they have right now is through their leaves.

...so I sprayed them and put the lid back on. I'm sure it will go back up to 99% within an hour!

Yeah screw it. They look happy as can be. It's like a tropical paradise in that tub :). Just keep the h202 handy if you notice any white fuzzy gerbil on the soil give it a little watered down spray . Otherwise I think your good until you see roots. In that environment I'm guessing as soon as next week for sure bud.

I checked the soil and so far so good with the mold. I have H2O2 handy just in case!

:thanks: guys!

I'm curious... what does cutting the tips across do?
Slows down and/or stops transpiration in the little clone bastards, giving them a chance to hold on to more of their precious water while they root. That and, it makes it easier to cram like 100000 clones into a humidity dome without to much overlap of the leaves too. :3

Clone day 3! 99% humidity in the box this morning so I left the lid off for about 15 minutes and it got down to 95% at the bottom. Temps in the low to mid 70s in there so I'm hoping that's all good. I do want the soil to dry out a bit so I can get Great White in there without drowning them so I'll be venting the lid whenever I'm home.

Here's this morning's pic before I sprayed them and covered them for the day.

20171019_074808.jpg

I tried tipping them to get the leaves off the ceiling but I would have had to go so far over the roots would have gotten confused as to where to grow so I left them as is.

Planning ahead:
1. Should I take off the flowering bits?
2. Do roots show first or new growth?
3. I'm guessing clones continue with alternating nodes so how will I recognize new growth? Will the small shoots just take off or does it come straight out of the top?
4. How do you top a plant with alternating nodes? It's not like two will grow if you cut it, will it?
5. And last, when I up-pot can I bury more of the stem? I need these to start off shorter than they are now.

Thanks all! Hope your week has been good so far :Namaste:
Welcome to the world of revege, that's what you have to thank for the shanky stem structure I'm sure you're about to have .
When you top them generally go for the highest node on the biggest cola when the plants are so young .

New growth should start coming from everywhere you see bud sites, however reveging can take like 20 days before roots sometimes :( so you will have to be super patient.

Welcome to the world of revege, that's what you have to thank for the shanky stem structure I'm sure you're about to have . When you top them generally go for the highest node on the biggest cola when the plants are so young . New growth should start coming from everywhere you see bud sites, however reveging can take like 20 days before roots sometimes :( so you will have to be super patient.

Patience I have. I've got the rest of fall and winter to veg these indoors and out so that's no problem. I am worried about rotting the stem before the roots have a chance because the RH in the box is pegged at 99% so the soil never gets the a chance to be anything but soaked. I'm wondering if a day with a plastic bag over the leaves but with the soil open would help.

Clones day 6. Smelling a little mildew in the box so I'm going to wipe down the plastic with rubbing alcohol. What dilution of 3% H2O2 can I use on the leaves if they smell too? Or none at all?

20171022_105920.jpg

Back
Top Bottom