Introducing me and my girls

Atomahawk

420 Member
Hello All,

Been a recreational user on and off since the late 70’s and today in my late 50’s ..a medical user for the past 3 years. Unfortunate events led to my health taking a serious beating so now I’m growing for medication and as an addition to my passion for growing things. I have a pretty nice food garden which is 1000 sq.ft. and 200 sq.ft. greenhouse and 3 compost bins ..LOL I live in the Eastern Townships of Quebec and worked in the lawn and garden industry (Aquatics) and the hydro industry and enjoyed both industries as a hobbyist and professional. Growing herb is both a need and passion and I love the science behind organic growing ...the girls seem to agree with few exceptions. :)

Started this years grow in March with 5 White Widows, 5 Bubba Kush's and 5 Auto Big Buds (first auto’s). Seed pop rates were 4/5 on WW, 5/5 BK, and 4/5 for BB with only 2 survivors. Of those 2 only one flowered auto She was gorgeous and yielded 130g. I still have the other Lady BB ( aka Madame Big Bud) is now a massive plant which I had to seriously top as she wouldn't/won’t stop growing .. she’s started to show signs of flowering and just went through a growth spurt. If she’s anything like her sibling on the flower side ... she will be the biggest and heaviest yielder I have ever grown. I’ll try and post a few pictures when I can, Did a custom version of LST on her so some of you will laugh and some will cry. I can’t wait for the reactions ... and no I won’t be insulted ... I can't speak for her though ..ROFL

All the other girls are now in their second week of flower after being forced ...only 1 didn’t take so I’ll have to do her again, when I got some time for it probably next week.

Started 4 cindies99 and a couple of Skunk # 1s in early June all were transplanted in 5 Gal pots yesterday and will be topped once I see theirs no issue’s with the transplant. Generally I don’t but they are the ones calling the shots on their new home ..most do enjoy the upgraded amenities though .

I have 1 unknown that was gifted looks to be mostly a sativa at this point ... will see at flowering what she smells like for clues?

Monday I’ll be starting the following (5ea) auto Black Jack, auto Zkittles, auto Super Skunk, auto CBD Kush and Critical Mass Fast version. Should be interesting to see pop and survival rates considering my first go with the Big Bud

I’ll leave it at that for now it’s gotten late. I will get you some photos to show how I set things up and share whatever info I can with those interested. I do have a decent amount of growing experience and love this plant for all she does for me.

Good evening all

Atomahawk

Welcome atomahawk!!
sounds like you are well set up and have a trove of knowledge to bring to the community!!
good to have you aboard!!! :passitleft:

:welcome: to :420: Atomahawk :passitleft:...Whew :lot-o-toke: read that whole thing :lot-o-toke: but by the time I got to the end I couldn't remember the first part :goof:

Well isn't that how some people expect stoners to sound :rofl::rofl: Nice to meet you Atom :ciao: I'm MO sorry to hear about your health, but it sounds like you found a remedy :blunt:I'm also in my 50's and love me some good Liberty Haze :yummy: just the right amount of THC and CBD combo in a nice sativa dom plant that dulls the aches and pains :high-five: and doesn't slow me down like an indica :ganjamon: although I like that too, have a nice White Widow that's great before bed :snowboating:

Welcome, @Atomahawk . Can't wait to see your pics and eventual grow journal.

:welcome: to :420: Atomahawk :passitleft:...Whew :lot-o-toke: read that whole thing :lot-o-toke: but by the time I got to the end I couldn't remember the first part :goof:

Well isn't that how some people expect stoners to sound :rofl::rofl: Nice to meet you Atom :ciao: I'm MO sorry to hear about your health, but it sounds like you found a remedy :blunt:I'm also in my 50's and love me some good Liberty Haze :yummy: just the right amount of THC and CBD combo in a nice sativa dom plant that dulls the aches and pains :high-five: and doesn't slow me down like an indica :ganjamon: although I like that too, have a nice White Widow that's great before bed :snowboating:
" by the time I got to the end I couldn't remember the first part" Happens to the best of us... LOL!

Sorry for the delay .. Shots for anyone interested.
The close up is of the Kush not WW ooops .
White widow week 2.jpg
White widow week 2 top.jpg
Bubba Kush flower week 2.jpg
Madame Big Bud.jpg
Madame Big Bud close up.jpg
Varrious.JPG

Welcome to 420M, @Atomahawk , your grow is looking mighty fine...
:thumb:

Thanks for the welcome and compliments, The girls are pretty decent ..not crazy with the WW's thus far though. Genetically 2 were pretty funky looking but I let them grow 2 others were looking normal. I took clones off a bad one to see what would happen , figuring it's either something I did and the clone would eventually revert to normal as new growth appeared. Nada .. a true clone ..defects and all. Thought it was a cool experiment though .. still got that baby clone ...slow grower though. The Bubba Kush look pretty nice just starting to drop a few bottom leaves ...going to have to take some time too remove some useless leaves and buds near the bottoms . Getting used to working with a greenhouse ..first year .. I will be heating it for a few weeks near the end of September unless we get an extended summer which wouldn't be horrible :).

:peace::peace::peace:

Welcome Atomahawk, glad you're here to share. I've gone organic and am having a great time of it.
If someone can go organic ..I really suggest it ... I find it's more forgiving mistakes wise ...which is generally watering over/under..I find anyways. In my case I amend my own soils ..I enjoy gardening what can I say? LOL. Are you doing it indoors or outdoors?
Have a few projects in the works for improving my composting I'd like to kick it up a few notches ..just have to build what I need.

Those stems are impressive! :bravo::welldone:
If Your speaking about Madame Big Bud ... her trunk is about 1.50 wide ... she's suppose to be an auto flower BB but I guess her strong Sat genes took over .. once I seen that I figured ..lets have some fun! 16 stems bent as close to the trunk as possible ...those knuckles are seriously solid ... probably as hard as the trunk now. There's a few offshoots on the bottom branches that need to be removed and there's some nice ones that filled the center. If she buds anywhere close to what her sibling did it's going to be a good problem. it's going to get pretty tight up there! I'll have to devise a way to spread them out.
Thanks for the positive feedback

If Your speaking about Madame Big Bud ... her trunk is about 1.50 wide ... she's suppose to be an auto flower BB but I guess her strong Sat genes took over .. once I seen that I figured ..lets have some fun! 16 stems bent as close to the trunk as possible ...those knuckles are seriously solid ... probably as hard as the trunk now. There's a few offshoots on the bottom branches that need to be removed and there's some nice ones that filled the center. If she buds anywhere close to what her sibling did it's going to be a good problem. it's going to get pretty tight up there! I'll have to devise a way to spread them out.
Thanks for the positive feedback

Wow man! That is a serious pot plant! I’m not sleeping on your methods! Good job sir!!

That was supposed to be an auto? Just kept growing and not flowering? Ya man that’s some serious stems! I’m overly impressed with that! :thumb::bravo::welldone:

Welcome to to 420 magazine community and wow those plants look great gonna give you a nice yield there can just see it already

She's just showing signs of flowering but on the slow side ... she's deciding ... "Should I?" LOL
She did leave some good space for flowers after the spurt and has flower stems coming up. Going to increase her PK if she doesn't co=op and listen she'll go into the shed for a couple of days "bad Girl" room.
;0

Thanks for the compliment much appreciated ... :peace::peace:

Welcome to to 420 magazine community and wow those plants look great gonna give you a nice yield there can just see it already
Thanks ... just got in some auto's today ... waiting for some others before starting them all up. 2 different brands and varieties .. should be interesting considering the selection. 20 auto's and a maybe a couple of fasts... the challenge ...can I get the fast done by 15th of Oct in a 4B zone with it's own funky micro climate. If it's dry and cold at night like 4 or 5 C and daytime peaks 22 C production will be most excellent ... cold and wet ... costs money to fix ... heating isn't complicated but a single wall isn't as efficient as double wall greenhouse. Either way there should be enough herb till next spring and them some.

Back
Top Bottom