Introducing myself

greenfog

420 Member
Hi there, I'm Teresa. I recently received 2 clones as a gift and would like to keep them alive and well. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to growing and have met a some really helpful folks on this site. Hopefully I can start and maintain a grow journal to show progress. Looking forward to intereacting with fellow newbies and seasoned growers alike!

Welcome Greenfog to 420 magazine
Do you have any pics of the grow setup?

Not much of a setup yet lol. Went to the local hydro store and picked up two 5 gallon pots and Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Now I have no clue what I can do because I can't afford a light just yet. Here are photos from Day 1 and Day 4. I stuck tags on the larger pots: Green = Thin Mints (on the right) and Blue = Blue Dream (on the left).

Attachments

• Day 1.jpg
    Day 1.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Day 4.jpg
    Day 4.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 124
Welcome to 420,greenfog
They're looking good so far,but since you don't have a light (yet) you'll need to try and keep them in bright sunlight as much as possible so they don't stretch too much until you get a grow light.
I also grow in soil (Black Magic) so I may be able to answer a few questions for you...

Welcome to 420!!! Another soil grower here so welcome to our special gang. Great strains to start off with by the way.

Think about light ASAP. There are very affordable lights to be had which will make your experience much more pleasurable. Mars Hydro is a sponsor here and have great products at great prices.

Another item you will need ASAP is a good PH meter and PH up and/or down.

Your girls should be good in that soil for several weeks. To start off on the right foot I strongly recommend reading @Emilya thread on proper watering. Also, I weigh my plants daily...yeah a bit nuts, but then I know exactly when they will need water just before they droop. It avoids any overwatering issues and gives a great wet / dry cycle.

In a few weeks you will need nutrients so I suggest beginning to research that aspect as well. Again, I suggest keeping that simple as well and start any feeding with 1/4 the suggested strength. Also, chances are that at some point you will need a cal/mag suppliment so you should consider having that at the ready as well.

Are you intending an indoor grow or transitioning the plants outdoors?

Welcome to 420!!! Another soil grower here so welcome to our special gang. Great strains to start off with by the way.

Think about light ASAP. There are very affordable lights to be had which will make your experience much more pleasurable. Mars Hydro is a sponsor here and have great products at great prices.

Another item you will need ASAP is a good PH meter and PH up and/or down.

Your girls should be good in that soil for several weeks. To start off on the right foot I strongly recommend reading @Emilya thread on proper watering. Also, I weigh my plants daily...yeah a bit nuts, but then I know exactly when they will need water just before they droop. It avoids any overwatering issues and gives a great wet / dry cycle.

In a few weeks you will need nutrients so I suggest beginning to research that aspect as well. Again, I suggest keeping that simple as well and start any feeding with 1/4 the suggested strength. Also, chances are that at some point you will need a cal/mag suppliment so you should consider having that at the ready as well.

Are you intending an indoor grow or transitioning the plants outdoors?

Hi there and thank you for responding! Honestly, indoor is my only option. Getting around a grow box seems impossible. I was going to try to get away with hanging an LED over them with the fan on and using an air purifier in the room, but that's cutting too many corners. I could put them outside but a neighbor would steal them for sure. I need to move quick so I'm looking at inexpensive 2x2 grow box set ups. Can you recommend any for a small space that won't beak the bank?

Welcome to 420,greenfog
They're looking good so far,but since you don't have a light (yet) you'll need to try and keep them in bright sunlight as much as possible so they don't stretch too much until you get a grow light.
I also grow in soil (Black Magic) so I may be able to answer a few questions for you...

Awesome thank you for your help! What is your indoor setup like?

My setup is very small,but it is working well-click on the link to it in my signature if you'd like a closer look... (lo-budget grow)

I want to add a couple things. You could make a grow box out of cardboard if need be. Then the other thing is make sure that when they are in there lights off part of the day that no light gets into the box at all.

Back
Top Bottom