Inzane In The Membrane Grown In Coast Of Maine Stonington Blend Super Soil

Slowpuffer

This will be a new experience for me. So now let us see how to do this. Everything has changed since last having a journal. i been growing in coco for 1.5 years and had decent success, but I recently, smoked some organic weed, and I'm trying to duplicate that taste. I'm told by the folks at Coast of Maine , that I'm on the right track, with their Stonington blend, but show me.
So I popped these 6 Inzane in the membrane seeds, on the 8th. of August, so they're 8 days today. pics. will be my next hurdle, not much to look at yet. They're under t5s, in a 4x4x6.5. Front door is open on the tent, with one 18 inch circulating fan. Small room air conditioner running during days, as we're experiencing hot humid weather. Without that air, it would climb to over 100 degrees. one died about 3 days after germinating, so we are left with 5.
Looking for other people growing with this brand of soil ? Plants are in a starting mix of coco & a mild starting mix, 50/50. When I transplant into the Stonington blend, is to be determined . All suggestions are appreciated !!
Also, this will be my 1st. attempt at a sativa grow. And hoping for a Xmas. harvest, but more likely middle of Jan. ?

I used their product a couple years ago. Worked great. Was my first grow since starting up again. They have the goods.

Well, next time I'l know to go right ahead and transplant my babies, the sooner the better. they were stunted for like 3 days, and then they took off. Plants have a nice green color, that just wasn't present in coco coir. they're small for 20 days, but they'll make up for lost time now, i hope. just transplanted from cups to 1 gal. fabric bags, yesterday. Sat them in a sunny window all day, then back under the t5s. Running light 24/7. Been in 80s for last few days, but starting today, back to 90f. Glad nothing is in bloom, with this hot weather.

Hiya SP,

Yes, it was an outdoor grow. I used a homemade 20 gal canvas pot, I mixed Coast of Maine soil with earthworm castings and local soil/compost mix. Watered until flower started, added Foxfarm bloom nutes 1/week. Purple crack gave me 12 z first grow (my only plant). Lasted me until next harvest!
Can't help with photo uploading. Someone has a link to the "how to". Hope they'll be bye soon.

12 z is great. I'm using it as it comes out the bag. 6 bags filled 4 15 gal. fabric pots. And now I'm using it inside. It's expensive, but the $$ I'm saving on nutes., makes it worth it. I'll let you know as the outside grow progress"s. these seedlings will not get anything till I see white tops, and then I'll give them Stonington blend ferts. And then I'll know. As of right now, I couldn't ask for healthier outside plants. And when these shoots hit this soil, they started praying to the t5. Inside and outside, all have a better color green. Wish i had a method of testing Brix levels. By the way, did the root ball fill up that 20 gal bag??

I think I pushed it into flower mode, because I gave the flower nute a couple weeks early to trigger flowering. It worked. Next door, they raised the same strain, and theirs flowered 2 weeks later than mine.

12 z is great. I'm using it as it comes out the bag. 6 bags filled 4 15 gal. fabric pots. And now I'm using it inside. It's expensive, but the $$ I'm saving on nutes., makes it worth it. I'll let you know as the outside grow progress"s. these seedlings will not get anything till I see white tops, and then I'll give them Stonington blend ferts. And then I'll know. As of right now, I couldn't ask for healthier outside plants. And when these shoots hit this soil, they started praying to the t5. Inside and outside, all have a better color green. Wish i had a method of testing Brix levels. By the way, did the root ball fill up that 20 gal bag??

Very nice looking ladies, @Slowpuffer (oops). They will grow up to be some nice smoke with the start you have given them! Nice job!

Moved them by open window for 5 hrs., today, they love the sun. I've been hand feeding plants in coco, every day for like 1.5 yrs. . So growing in soil, seems like a vacation. i have never grown plants, with this beautiful color. And all are praying to the t5s. I did add about 1 inch of COM Stonington blend. Now this is the point to where I see others drenching with different act teas, and that sounds like the way to go, but then COM says I don't need anything but water, and Stonington blend ferts. in bloom. So with everyone helping and a little research, we'll hopefully, get to the finish line. Has anyone tested Brix levels, of plants grown in COM Stonington blend ?
I'm looking for pot size opinions ? I'm thinking 10 gal. ? And COM, recommends 10 gal., for inside. Sativa's (Inzane in the membrane) need to bloom 10-11 weeks, which is new to me. Always grown 8-9 wk. strains. So don't let me veg. to long for my 6.5 tent. I'm afraid the sativa is going to stretch more than Indica strains.

Hiya SP,

I would stay with COM recommendations first run through. If you're unsure, keep a critical close eye on her leaves for signs of malfunction. I think they'll be fine. I went with 5 gal, but some growers are going with 7 gal pots, a couple with 10 gal, some are going with larger 20(+) size with multiple plants in a container.
Brix - The only way to get high brix (higher than 12) cannabis is using Doc's kit. I was searching for a long time for higher brix clues, but settles with homegrown, all natural grow. Getting photo plants over 8 ft.
Stretch - Doc Bud often flips the flower switch after 3 weeks and sends them into flower. I used to veg a couple weeks longer. Yeah, sativas take longer to flower. And the stretch is often double, sometimes more. Some do lst to keep the canopy down, some do topping, some do both. It's usually what works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom