Ipower Glledxa135Cufo Need Asap Advice (which light to go)

Ramsay

Hello here!

This looks like an awesome forum i posted on other forum and people never seem to give the ones wanting advice just a social more ya know forum, hopefully i get some fast replies!

This light i want to order from amazon is kessil. But i could not get any answer which ones better so i have cancelled for now!

I know this forum will help me :) PS READ Im ordering from amazon to australia because i got some spare money in there, they WONT ship the good brands, of the grow lights the sellers dont ship here yet (via amazon) thats about my choice for led lights what i posted..

Now i understand these wont be top notch LED grow lights im not looking for the BEST this is balance i got from friends etc, And looking to spend on a half decent LED light, Now anyone keen to help me i can't find any infomation besides YEARS ago on these lights cheers! Sorry for my grammer its not my strong point

I would not go for some unknown light like that. topled seems to have a good following and customer service here in this forum, they can offer you something better for the same price. Also if you want some unknown light you can get a better deal on aliexpress. And remember they are "saying" its a 135w ufo but is that number of leds or actual consumption? - these are very different things.

If you are worried about shipping (size of package and contents) I would recommend another light something like this:

aliexpress.com/store/product/1pcs-lot-120W-LED-grow-light-red-and-blue-light-up-farm-gardening-plant-photosynthetic-energy/504331_1982065834.html

I have used this company to purchase my DIY led, and can say that they are good and use Hongkong post not chinapost which is much faster, although i do not have experience of the above light.

I would not go for some unknown light like that. topled seems to have a good following and customer service here in this forum, they can offer you something better for the same price. Also if you want some unknown light you can get a better deal on aliexpress. And remember they are "saying" its a 135w ufo but is that number of leds or actual consumption? - these are very different things.

If you are worried about shipping (size of package and contents) I would recommend another light something like this:

aliexpress.com/store/product/1pcs-lot-120W-LED-grow-light-red-and-blue-light-up-farm-gardening-plant-photosynthetic-energy/504331_1982065834.html

I have used this company to purchase my DIY led, and can say that they are good and use Hongkong post not chinapost which is much faster, although i do not have experience of the above light.

Hey mate thanks for the reply I do agree with everything your saying but remeber I have amazon credit I have to spend within them thats why I'm suggesting a cheap brand cheers

Hey Ramsay, i have only used a Kessil H350 and another Kessil H150. Both of them are used in a 3' x 3' tent. So they work great by them self, and the low consumption of electricity is another plus.

IMG_048020.JPG

You have 2 tall lanky plants with no side branching and the colas are above the light... I wouldn't call that working great. That and the fact that you spent $400 (if you got the sale price) for 110 watts.... You can get triple the wattage for less with TopLED or any other Chinese brand and cover a lot more area and get just as good if not better growth.

It seems you have a bit of an attitude and arrogance problem there mate, how about taking it down a level or two. Yeah?. They are lanky because there are sativas and i didn't let them veg for that long, since i was limited by my grow space (hence the size of the tent 3ft by 3ft), i didn't LST or SCROG since i wanted to see how the plants grew in this small area.

Anyways i dont even know why you decided to comment in such of a douchebag way, since the information was for Ramsay in specific to his question about the kessil lights. So i gave him my opinion so far with this lights, so he can make an educated choice in what lights suit him best for his grow space.

Also i didn't spend 400USD on this lights, i bought them used on ebay for 175USD. I'm sure you knew that.

You made a claim to another grower that 110 watts of lighting is enough for a 3x3 area. In no case is that remotely enough lighting. You are running under 14 watts per square foot, that isn't enough light to veg a 3x3 area. Again, for less than your used ebay price, you can get double the wattage in many other brands. Kessil has a pretty good spectra, but they are one of (if not the) highest priced LEDs on the market. They are not THAT good.

The misinformation and pumping of products that do not perform or under perform is one of my pet peeves. There is enough misleading information about LEDs out there and when people make claims like a 100 watt LED can replace this 400 or 600 watt HPS. People buy into that and then say LEDs are shit because it didn't produce. I wouldn't want the OP to buy those lights at their outrageous price and then get inferior results and blame the light.

Hi there mate. Well at least for me 120watts is doing the job just fine. The only thing that i could have done better for this grow is that I should have made a scrog, a level canopy would have been more efficient. I can agree with you on the price tag, that's why i didn't pay retail price for them, since only the H350 would run you around 250USD, so I was quite happy finding both lights for under 200USD. I wouldn't say that this LEDs or any other for that matter, can be at the same level of production than an HPS, it's convenient since LEDs use less energy and produce little heat (depending on your panel size). I was pretty skeptical about this grow, since its my first time growing in such a cramp space, but i knew if i would have use a small 250w HPS without the proper ventilation I was gonna run into some nasty heat issues down the road.

I have not try any other LEDs out there, so i cant talk about what brands work and what brands dont, i can just give you my honest opinion on the two kessil lights that i own and i can say that they have done a great job so far by them self without the need of other lights to assist them.

IMG_057828.JPG

Hi there mate. Well at least for me 110watts is doing the job just fine. The only thing that i could have done better for this grow is that I should have made a scrog, a level canopy would have been more efficient. I can agree with you on the price tag, that's why i didn't pay retail price for them, since only the H350 would run you around 250USD, so I was quite happy finding both lights for under 200USD. I wouldn't say that this LEDs or any other for that matter, can be at the same level of production than an HPS, it's convenient since LEDs use less energy and produce little heat (depending on your panel size). I was pretty skeptical about this grow, since its my first time growing in such a cramp space, but i knew if i would have use a small 250w HPS without the proper ventilation I was gonna run into some nasty heat issues down the road.

I have not try any other LEDs out there, so i cant talk about what brands work and what brands dont, i can just give you my honest opinion on the two kessil lights that i own and i can say that they have done a great job so far by them self without the need of other lights to assist them.

IMG_057828.JPG

plants look really nice. I do feel that a lot of people grow with much too much light. Buds /Colas on your plants look good for having so little light. What is the total power consumption of the 2 lights you have - also how has the speed of flowering been under these conditions, is it the same as the seed co. ad. or more ? thanks, ibaba

Hi there ibaba.

Well the H150 is rated at 40w max. The actual wattage consumption is 36w, as for the H350 is rated at 92w max but the actual wattage consumption is 84w. For a total of 120watts of consumption for both lights.

Seed companies always advertise short flowering phases, like for example the G13 Purple Haze(right of the picture) am growing, she's on her 7week and the seed company said it takes 50-65 days of flowering. And she started flowering on week 4, so am looking at probably 3 to 4 more weeks of flowering, which would be a total of 10 to 11 weeks of flowering, which puts me around 70-80 days from harvest and that's if she even ready. I would use the time frame that seed companies give as a guideline. Went you grow from seeds it always takes a bit longer, than went you start off from a clone.

Back
Top Bottom