Irie’s Propagation Station & Training Playground

What’s your preferred / most successful cloning method?

• Cuttings into Coco jiffy pads / pellets in a humidity dome

• Cuttings into Rockwool in a humidity dome

• Cuttings into a aeropnic cloner

• Cuttings straight into soil wait it out yeah

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey guys! :bongrip::morenutes:

Before 4 out of 6 heese girls got some bondage last night:

How they were looking this morning 12 hours later:
These girls were topped - now that the top branches are long enough I pull them down to allow more light penetration lower down the plants. These girls are getting bigger and will need some extra light soon! :ganjamon::passitleft:

Here’s a clone from the Bagseed I’ve got in flower that smells like passion fruit / granadilla. It reacts well to training - I’m not sure if I’ll flower this one out but I’m having fun with it so far. :cheer::rollit:There’s one or two branches down low that won’t make it up top so I’ll snip those off for clones tomorrow.

MAY 11

MAY 22

JUNE 20 / Today

Nice clone. I'm starting to figure clones out. Next up is a Strawberry Cough "trouble child" clone that's growing like a mad woman! I haven't grown enough sativa dominant plants yet to know them well. Should be fun. Single plant in the 4 x 4.
Yeah that Strawberry is some good shit though... Stoneotter you got some nice clones bro hook a brother up.... jk very nice dude

I smoked strawberry cough beginning of last year and vowed to grow it cause it was a 6hr round trip to fetch it and don't remember the 3 hours it took to drive home..... :headbanger:

Was looking at those plantbends on hydro.co.za as I want to quad this summer from the get go and reckon those beauties are the way to go striving for neat and tidy approach...haha

One month growth pic:
Pics of cheese and double Glock - They both were topped, I just bent the DG over and let the cheese grow out. :yummy:
14th MAY

14th JUNE

i gotta get my own propagation station. looking good

Hey 420 members! :ganjamon:
I’ve been meaning to create this journal for the last month as I’ve been doing more cloning and been having some fun doing some random training. If you’ve got any questions about cloning or training plants, or you’d like to share your cloning methods please share them.
This thread is for fun so all input and commentary is welcome thank you :passitleft::yahoo:just getting a couple pics together then I’ll post up what I’m playing around with while I’m patiently waiting for my girls in flower to finish up :nomo::bongrip:

Hey @irie lion ... I am going to start researching cloning and I hope to keep getting good ideas here! I'm thinking that in a year or so, I would like to grow my favorite photoperiod strain, find a strong mother phenotype, and then run a SOG with a bunch of clones.

Hey @irie lion ... I am going to start researching cloning and I hope to keep getting good ideas here! I'm thinking that in a year or so, I would like to grow my favorite photoperiod strain, find a strong mother phenotype, and then run a SOG with a bunch of clones.
Hey bro! There are so many ways to clone and each to their own, so ask away if you’ve got any questions and anyone here will chip in with some info! :ganjamon:Awesome I like your plan and I’m also planning to do a big SOG too within the next couple months, just running through some strains to figure out what.
Just got home and the propagation station has exploded :rofl: I’ll post a quick pic now and do a big update later.

Here you go ladies and gents :theband::party::hippy::morenutes::woohoo:
It’s always a bit scary leaving your plants for a while but luckily I had my plants in good hands. Thanks KG!
Everything is looking great and I’ll do a couple individual plant updates later! :passitleft:
718E71BA-A40E-4CF4-9C13-445D82231661.jpeg
8D7483FD-A1EE-46E0-911E-F87BE0CE1B45.jpeg

Hey bro! There are so many ways to clone and each to their own, so ask away if you’ve got any questions and anyone here will chip in with some info! :ganjamon:Awesome I like your plan and I’m also planning to do a big SOG too within the next couple months, just running through some strains to figure out what.
Just got home and the propagation station has exploded :rofl: I’ll post a quick pic now and do a big update later.

Hey @irie lion ... I am trying to "clone" some of the tops that I have taken from one of my plants. It is just for fun ... if it works cool ... if not ... then I learned something.

I do have one question though ... if I top/cut a stem in the middle of a plant, (or basically cut any stem) will it force two new growth nodes all the time?

If you are unable to answer, then I will provide a picture, (and more details), tomorrow of what I want to try.

I do have one question though ... if I top/cut a stem in the middle of a plant, (or basically cut any stem) will it force two new growth nodes all the time?
Hey @SQl2kGuy, yeah that’s basically how it works. Sometimes the two new nodes will not grow equally but then you can top again or train them to keep them level with each other. It obviously increases your veg time as the plant needs to recover and concentrate its energy on multiple nodes but you can work out how many nodes you want to work with by topping and training. You can post a pic of what you wanna top :ganjamon:

Hey everyone :ciao: I hope all is well in your gardens!
Update:
I’ve been really busy in the garden with harvests and shuffling plants around, but I got around to cleaning out my bloom box and I put a MH bulb in there so I could move most of the girls in the propagation box into the larger space as it was getting so crowded! I also did a batch of clones as I got a new rooting gel to test out so I took a couple pics so I’ll post that up.

Quick round of cloning:
The girl I first took clones of was one of 4 Cheese plants I’m planning on flowering out in a month or so.
2 reasons to take clones on this girl - firstly I wanted some more cheese clones to send out to friends, and secondly - by taking off all the lower growth all the energy and growth will be sent to the top growth that’s getting the real light. This girl stretched quite a bit and I did not keep a close eye on her, so I don’t believe those bottom branches would of reached the top canopy. Here she is, the bits circled in red was what i planned on removing.

Next up, the red lines are where I’m snipping - close to the main stem and a nice and clean cut is best.

Alright once I’ve got my selected cut - I trim off the lower leaves to expose more stem to drop her lower into the jiffy pads, so more surface area for roots to develop. The more roots develop, the smoother the initial transplant will go.
This is her after the leg shave.

I then snip the stem at a 45/degree angle - to expose the inner stem to promote root growth once dipped in the rooting gel.

She gets a nice dip in your selected rooting gel / root stimulator. I usually get roots within 10 days, so we’ll see how this round goes with this tester of rooting gel. I’ll keep in mind it’s cold in the evenings now, so rooting generally will take longer.

Once dipped, she’s ready for the pre soacked jiffy puck.

And after a couple snips here and there we got our next batch of clones ready for rooting.
This one was topped early on - I could of snipped her as two clones but I’ll have some fun with this one! :ganjamon:

And this is the cheese girl after her haircut. All the plants energy will be sent up to that canopy. :morenutes:

This is how things are looking in my garden now - nothing in bloom, just vegging all these girls out now and figuring out what i’d like to Flower next.
The ‘Bloom Box’ now in veg:
The propagation station:

And these are the 4 girls I’m leaning towards flowering next - all Cheese. I reckon I’ll manage their canopy well, and if I put them in some big ol’ pots I think I’ll fill the bloom box well with them after a months veg. I’ll think about it :hmmmm:

Lastly - just for fun - I’ve had this one clone expressing only single leaves, she’s a freak and she doesn’t seem to want to snap out of it, the next few days are looking sunny so I left her outside today and I’ll see what she does the next couple days under sunlight :rofl:

Alright sweet guys sorry for the long and overdue update, I’ll be back for an update real soon! :yahoo::passitleft:
Happy growing :Namaste: peace

:popcorn:
I am not having great success with my clones so watching and learning. At the moment I don't have enough space for all the seedlings, vegging plants and soon to flower plants, so cloning is a bonus if they take.
Spring is on the way so I hope to get something sorted by then.
Watching with interest

Back
Top Bottom