IS 90,500 Lumens Full Spectrum too much light for a 2×2, 1 plant area?

Toast33

My light schedule is a hybrid of 6 Hours outside and 6 hours inside. The inside light ranges from 2000K-6500K. 400 watt dual spec hps, 150 watt hps 2000K, 3 42 watt 6500K cfl's, 4 42 watt 2700K cfl's. I'm in week 3 of flower. I am able to keep the temperature at 80° consistently, thank goodness. Is that too much light and will that much light as well make my buds bigger?

Do you think I should get more light on my plant? she looks spectacular :) this is my first grow and I'm surprised it's going as well as it is.would more watts and lumens equal more bud?I have low stress trained the hell out of this girl, and her canopy fills up the 2 by 2 area.

The more light you can get on your plant the better.

The rule of thumb I have heard is 1g per watt. I'm not saying that's set in concrete and you will get that, but the moral is you want as much light as you can get.

IMO your fine with your current set up on one plant. I'm running 1200 watts with four plants so mine are only getting ~300 watts per plant. I can only imagine how much your girl is loving all that light!

she seems to be taking kindly to it. I'm supplementing 5 hours of direct sun as well. I can see how the uvb affects tricome production. I just hit week 6. Can wait to see how big these buds are going to get.

UV absolutely helps with trich production! We've seen direct differences in LED grow lights that use UV vs no UV. Absolute difference among others..

Day 31 under our lights that include UV -

image15057.jpg

I really would like to try LED if the prices were not so high. I am looking for a lamp that gives of only 280-315nm. I can't seem to find one though.

I really would like to try LED if the prices were not so high. I am looking for a lamp that gives of only 280-315nm. I can't seem to find one though.

We can also build any custom spectrum light at no extra charge.. not a problem at all.

The prices for quality LED lighting may not be as high as you think! What type of area are you trying to cover? We could review options and discounts no problem..

You most certainly are wetting my whistle. I'm going to develop a list of the specs I need and call tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom