Is a 120W LED light enough to grow one cannabis?

Zeus2000

420 Member
So I'm planting an autoflower and I'm using a HID light but its too hot so I want to upgrade to a led one and I found this one but since I'm new and there are no reviews about this light online I would like someone opinion.

The light is a 31cmx31cm and runs at 120W

The specs of the light:
Specifications:
Light type: LED
Output power: 120W / Pcs
Driven quantity: 1365 leds
Input voltage: AC85-265V
Net weight: 1300g <br>
Housing material: Aluminum + PC
Warranty: 2 years
Safety standard: CE, RoHS, FCC, EMC, LVD
Armed condition: -40 ~ 85 degrees
Working temperature: < 65 ° C
Configuration performed: 234pcs blue and 1131pcs red
LED wave compression: Red: 610nm ~ 720nm; Blue: 400nm ~ 520nm

If you have any recommendations it would help too since I'm really a beginner in this area

You should be okay with 120 W LED. Sometimes manufacturers quote the wattage for their LEDs to the equivalency of the light that say a metal halide or sodium vapour would equally produce so they might say it is a 300 W when in fact it might only draw 135 W.

Looking at your attachment I think you have a true 120 W draw panel which is on the low end of what you want but should give you a really nice considerable size plant. I veg my plants under a 160 W LED which does a fine job.

I would also suggest using Megacrop as your nutrient as it is a dead-simple one part formula and do not adjust your pH like most people do because it isn’t necessary and causes problems. Good luck.

Sorry, I just realized I misread your post because I thought you already bought that. Since you haven't bought anything yet I would stay away from the blurple lights and get the more modern white light LEDs. And I would try to get up more in the 150 W plus range.

You should be okay with 120 W LED. Sometimes manufacturers quote the wattage for their LEDs to the equivalency of the light that say a metal halide or sodium vapour would equally produce so they might say it is a 300 W when in fact it might only draw 135 W.

Looking at your attachment I think you have a true 120 W draw panel which is on the low end of what you want but should give you a really nice considerable size plant. I veg my plants under a 160 W LED which does a fine job.

I would also suggest using Megacrop as your nutrient as it is a dead-simple one part formula and do not adjust your pH like most people do because it isn’t necessary and causes problems. Good luck.

Sorry, I just realized I misread your post because I thought you already bought that. Since you haven't bought anything yet I would stay away from the blurple lights and get the more modern white light LEDs. And I would try to get up more in the 150 W plus range.

Thanks for the help.

I don't mean to tell you what to do but if it were me I would get this light. They are a sponsor of 420 Magazine and from the video, I just watched this unit has the best LEDs and driver currently on the market. Also being a white light it looks natural and you can take photos of your plants that will look right. Also, it doesn't have a cooling fan which can wear out and I find the sound very annoying on my units that do.

I don't mean to tell you what to do but if it were me I would get this light. They are a sponsor of 420 Magazine and from the video, I just watched this unit has the best LEDs and driver currently on the market. Also being a white light it looks natural and you can take photos of your plants that will look right. Also, it doesn't have a cooling fan which can wear out and I find the sound very annoying on my units that do.

Ill take a look and see if it fits my budget etc. Thanks for the tip :)

One question I have is

I have one question. Will 65W be enough for 1 plant or will I need to get more then 1 light?

According to what I have read depending on who you believe you need about 30 to 50 W per square foot with LED so with your 65 W you could illuminate between one and 2 ft.² so you could grow a nice little plant.

I find with LEDs less is actually often more. My big budding light can give up to 650 W and the Manufacturers suggest keeping 2 feet away at that wattage but I grow in flower only at 180 W at 2 feet and get great results. So I wouldn't be surprised if you could easily do 2 ft.² with 1-65 Watt panel. If money is an issue I would get one panel and if not I would get two.

Mars Hydro TS600 is a great way to grow a plant if you have a limited budget.

Back
Top Bottom