Is a 400W 250 true watt LED light too strong for my 30/18/36 inch grow tent?

popolino77

1 of the 3 fans in my galaxyhydro 300w 140 true watt led failed and i am thinking about replacing it and my x2 24w 14.8 true watt led grow bulbs with a 400W / 250 true watt led light. But i am a little concerned that it mite be to powerful for my grow tent since my grow tent is 30 inches wide 18 inches deep and 36 inches tall my tent has x1 intake fan and x2 exhaust fans and i have a clip on fan blowing on my plant. Will the 400W / 250 true watt led be to much light for my plant ? And will it produce to much heat ?

Re: Is a grow-pro 400 250 true watt led light to strong for my 30/18/36 inch grow ten

This sounds like something better asked in the lighting section. This seems like a specific question. There may be a lighting expert out there who is willing to do the math for you.

Re: Is a grow-pro 400 250 true watt led light to strong for my 30/18/36 inch grow ten

This sounds like something better asked in the lighting section. This seems like a specific question. There may be a lighting expert out there who is willing to do the math for you.

I'm thinking about getting the grow-pro 400. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my galaxyhydro 300. do you think my galaxyhydro 300 is going to loose some of its brightness because 1 of its 3 fans died ? there are led grow lights out there that are higher wattage then my galaxyhydro 300 and have only 1 or 2 fans

30 inch x 18 inch = 3.75 square feet.
250w grow-pro / 3.75 = 66.6w per square foot.

Sounds about perfect.

Your old LED is probably okay with 1 less fan. You could get an infrared thermometer to check the heatsinks and front glass - below 140F should be fine. A replacement fan would be cheaper than the thermometer tho, you could probably replace it yourself in 10 minutes.

But that tent sounds too short to me. If the panel is touching the ceiling and a few inches thick with ~16 inch gap between the glass and your canopy, that only leaves like 15 inches for the pot and plant. Doable, but very limiting.

30 inch x 18 inch = 3.75 square feet.
250w grow-pro / 3.75 = 66.6w per square foot.

Sounds about perfect.

Your old LED is probably okay with 1 less fan. You could get an infrared thermometer to check the heatsinks and front glass - below 140F should be fine. A replacement fan would be cheaper than the thermometer tho, you could probably replace it yourself in 10 minutes.

But that tent sounds too short to me. If the panel is touching the ceiling and a few inches thick with ~16 inch gap between the glass and your canopy, that only leaves like 15 inches for the pot and plant. Doable, but very limiting.

I decided to order another galaxyhydro 300 and I am going to return the defected one when I receive the new one . the setup I have now works I had a successful grow with it. I keep my light 8 to 15 inches away from my plant depending on what stage my plant is in. if I decide to keep both galaxyhydro 300 140 true watt led lights will x2 300w 140 true watt led lights be to powerful for my 30/18/36 inches W/D/H grow tent ? and what is the maximum watts for square foot you should have ?

Back
Top Bottom