Is AC Infinity Cloudline T6 worth it?

Sctanley007

Looking to purchase a new exhaust fan and filter for my 2x4x5 tent. I currently have a 4" cheap fan and filter purchased about a year ago and has been in use constantly. The last grow the filter barely kept up and I know it needs replacement as I have it set up outside the tent with the air being exhausted through it. The fan works but is really loud and getting a bit rattily.

I have several questions...

1. Should I upgrade from the 4" to the 6" fan and filter for my grow area? My plan is to put off growing after this run ends in June because the heat, in great part due to the fan, made temps on the edge of being too high to grow in the summer. Also, I have issues already with the RH being low in the grow area.

2. The main question...is the Cloudline T6 (or T4) worth the extra money? They are advertised as being ultra quiet which is my main desire since my current fan is in the 86 db range. Also, they have the temp and humidity control to automatically adjust the fan to settings entered. Does anyone have experience with this fan? With the automatic compensation I wonder if a 6" would end up running in the 4" capacity range.

Any help, advise or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if all filters but most of those filters are designed to have air drawn thru it not pushed thru it, probably makes your fan work harder than it needs to.

Yeah it was what fit my initial grow space and I never changed the configuration. It was a poor decision and you’re correct.

With the new setup I will have both the fan and filter inside the tent with the fan drawing in through the filter.

Thanks for the responses. I went with the T6 and should be here Saturday along with a new filter.

Wondering if a noise reduction collar to join the fan to filter would work best? Any experience out there?

Im new to growing and just got mine (t-6) a few days ago. tested it out mainly for sound, and its really quiet. I would forget its on untill i got to around 7 but it still wasn't loud. even on 10 its noticeable but not loud. i didnt connect the filter so i dont know now that might affect it, so yeah.

Back
Top Bottom