Is any fungicide safe in flower?

pointer80

Hello everyone, I am curious if there is any fungicide that can be used up until about a week before harvest give or take? We have had a bunch of rain and cooler temperatures and want to apply something as a preventative. My plants are at different stages of flower with some about 2 or three weeks from harvest. Thanks all.

You might find something from Sierra Natural Science. Their products are "organic." DISCLAIMER: "Organic" does not automatically mean safe. Some of the strongest and most interesting poisons known to man are "organic," lol.

The above business is, at the time when I am posting this, a forum sponsor. If the link is not there by the time you read this message, then they must have stopped paying.

Im sure everyone has their own opinion but this is how I think of it: by the time you saw the fungus that means it has grown and started spewing spores all over your weed to continue to grow even more and faster. Where it has grown you cant even fully see because their strings are inside the plant material and is microscopic often.

Spraying it is another thing you will need to get off in the end and I doubt it will work anyway. Keep in mind what TorturedSoul said - organic doesnt mean what some think it means with pesticides....some old organic pesticides had arsenic...which is organic...

Honestly, I would trash it all and bleach everything and then start again but no one ever wants to hear that. Its hard to do...trust me, I know. Smoking fungus can be toxic.

Sierra Natural Science.
I have some of their SNS 244. I used it recently to spray an outdoor plant that was getting stem rot and traces of budrot from damp fall weather, before bringing it inside. It appeared to work well along with the change to a better environment
I wouldn’t want to smoke much of it - it’s got a strong smell. From skimming the back label it said it is all food grade ingredients, and mainly (I think) an extract of thyme.

Usually you have to treat the cause (wet environment) rather than the symptoms (fungal issues). But obviously outdoors that’s often impossible. Sometime there are ways to boost airflow and shelter from rain. I don’t think any spray can really save the day for very long.

Myself I don’t worry much about mould being toxic but I know that certain varieties can be an issue for some people in high concentration- and obviously it’s personal preference what you want to tolerate. Anyway- as far as the plants are concerned it’s not something they can coexist with for long. Spores are everywhere. They don’t do anything unless conditions are right for them. But actual mould on the buds will just continue to spread unless you can improve the conditions.

I'd use dilute potassium silicate if I had too. Kills PM etc right away, is good for the plant and easy to wash off the buds without leaving any kind of taste. It'll wash off in the rain too so will need to be reapplied after a shower. 5mls/L is what I used on PM but it was bottom leaves on a veg plant and was indoors. Just one spray did it.

Good luck!

:peace:

I used to also use a bit of dish or botanical soap and water and that seemed to work to kill mould. It always seemed backwards to spray wet stuff on buds for mould. But it did seem to kill back the mould it touched. Again- it’s not a cure.

I used to also use a bit of dish or botanical soap and water and that seemed to work to kill mould. It always seemed backwards to spray wet stuff on buds for mould. But it did seem to kill back the mould it touched. Again- it’s not a cure.

Soap is alkaline like the KOH is so it too should work but would leave a nasty taste on the buds if used in flower. I used a little insecticidal soap on a lower branch of small buds about 3 weeks into flower once to see what happened. Tagged it with a twist tie then kept it separate at harvest. Could still taste that crap strongly on the mature buds but I didn't try budwashing so not sure if that would have washed the taste away but have my doubts.

Best plan is to be diligent in veg to make sure there is no bug problem to deal with in flower.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom