Is anyone doing a true CGE grow?

so i put a multimeter across the coil pins on the board were the relays are supposed to go.

i read 5vdc on the relay coil pins below 1200ppm and 0vdc above 1200 ppm.

so, it works! off to buy my $2 relays...:)

Hey! Cant keep me down! Glad to see you on here. Im still having issues with the DAS logging SW that does the charts. It just "stops working" after a few seconds.

are you running it on vista? xp? or win7?

if i remember right. been many bowls ago... DAS worked...

then i downloaded the AQ500 SW and then DAS stopped. I'm not sure, if i've reprogrammed the IDPROM on this thing but now when it boots, the blue screen says it's a AQ500 when its just a AQ100.

I know you not support. but they have yet to repond to my emails...

how much do you know about this thing? they send anything in the AQ500 kit?

i got it working for CO2 regulation through relay solenoid controls, but the charting would be nice. thats what realy sets this apart. that and the open source sdk...

Hey! Cant keep me down! Glad to see you on here. Im still having issues with the DAS logging SW that does the charts. It just "stops working" after a few seconds.

are you running it on vista? xp? or win7?

if i remember right. been many bowls ago... DAS worked...

then i downloaded the AQ500 SW and then DAS stopped. I'm not sure, if i've reprogrammed the IDPROM on this thing but now when it boots, the blue screen says it's a AQ500 when its just a AQ100.

I know you not support. but they have yet to repond to my emails...

how much do you know about this thing? they send anything in the AQ500 kit?

i got it working for CO2 regulation through relay solenoid controls, but the charting would be nice. thats what realy sets this apart. that and the open source sdk...

Charts flatline, right?

I think it has something to do with hibernate, hard disks shutting off, sleep mode, etc.. I'm not sure...

I bought an Ro100 relay control board...got it hooked up via the pinout on the K33 piggy back (same pins used to connect the Co2 sensor to the main board.... and updated the software via a software update they provided me. However, whenever I run this software update I run into trouble... so I reverted back to the stock software via another update that they also provided when I fucked up the programming hehe.

Try calling them....if they see enough interest from us, they might make a complete product that we can interface with. Controllable via software. I wish their customer support was better, I've been waiting for weeks.

Try calling them....if they see enough interest from us, they might make a complete product that we can interface with. Controllable via software. I wish their customer support was better, I've been waiting for weeks.

I'll look for their number and try tomorrow. It seems like they have a lot of sw bugs. i tried to open the vb project in visual studio express but am getting some, vb error on a usb function call.

and its not the charts just flatline, its the whole program crashes, and says the program "isn't esponding"

What'd you end up with? I got my setup working....but I'm using an RO100 relay board as well...

Hey. So. Good news. I was out for a couple of weeks on work travel so I haven't gotten back to update this. I spoke to Andrew over at CO2 meter. Cool dude. He designed the thing and told me a little about it.

I have to say, if you know what your doing, the AQ100 is a steal at $199

Ok. so, I measured my CO2 tank solenoids current. It was about 5 mA. The relays that I put on the AQ100 were rated for 0.5A or 500 mA. So, there's no need for the RO100 relay board to supply the current for the CO2 solenoid.

So, I did a hack and opened a power strip. Used the relay to by pass the on/off switch. and plugged in my CO2 tank solenoid.

Then use the DAS software they provide to program the threshold on the relay output. This took a few trys, and you have to unplug and replug the device (power cycle) to set the thresholds. You can also remove all backlighting here to prevent any light in the 12/12 cycle.

Oh. and I put the output setting on 0-1200 with Exclusive mode. then connected to the NC output on the relay. the relay opens at 1200 ppm. turns off the co2.

you can set any threshold you like. pretty cool.

Then I put the thing on a ipod usb charger and can set it in the grow room. when I want logs, i plug it in the PC and download them.

want to experiment with a DD-WRT wireless bridge and use the USB hard drive port for the AQ100. See if I can read over net. That's next... when i have time.

On more thing. The CO2 Meter guys updated the DAS software. It updated the drivers and made the graphing work. you can also use the AQ500 sdk and SW on the AQ100

Where did you find the aq500 software? Compile it yourself? I wanna be able to download logs too how did you do that! lol

How far do the logs go back?

the aq500 sw is right on the downloads page. but you can use the latest DAS sw too. it downloads logs. in the advanced section you can program your thresholds and outputs. pwd:peacefuldove
thx 2 Andrew ;)

the log download didnt complete for me. so not sure how far back it goes. but if i remember right, it has 2M of internal memory. the download logs feature is there in the latest DAS tool.

Im trying to read the graphs over the network somehow... ill keep you posted...

Ah so you haven't successfully downloaded the logs yet? Andrew told me that the board is populated for which platform they're selling, so maybe the board just doesn't have the memory.

And yes, I've had that password for a little while. I'm running custom firmware from andrew that allows me to run the RO100. Eventually I will have that RO100 controlling everything. It's a great combination of control.

Thanks for the help,
T

Hey this thread is kinda old but I thought I would update it a little. I have moved, and constructed a 16x12x8.5 sealed room inside my new garage. I framed the walls with 2x4 and covered them in 1.5" rigid insulation on the walls and ceiling. I have covered the seams with aluminum sided tape and the edges, and corners with expanding foam insulation from cans. I have 4 1kw on 240v for flower and 2 600 for veg, which will be achieved via tents in the same room. I am running a Gen1e propane Co2 burner, a Sentinel CHHC-4 controller. The room will be cooled using a 24k btu Mitsubishi Mr Slim Mini split A/C unit which is being turned on this weekend. I can't wait to not have to run all that ducting for the air cooled hoods!!!! I will be adding a 70 pint dehumidifier this week. I will update with some pics in the next week or so, very busy!

Hey this thread is kinda old but I thought I would update it a little. I have moved, and constructed a 16x12x8.5 sealed room inside my new garage. I framed the walls with 2x4 and covered them in 1.5" rigid insulation on the walls and ceiling. I have covered the seams with aluminum sided tape and the edges, and corners with expanding foam insulation from cans. I have 4 1kw on 240v for flower and 2 600 for veg, which will be achieved via tents in the same room. I am running a Gen1e propane Co2 burner, a Sentinel CHHC-4 controller. The room will be cooled using a 24k btu Mitsubishi Mr Slim Mini split A/C unit which is being turned on this weekend. I can't wait to not have to run all that ducting for the air cooled hoods!!!! I will be adding a 70 pint dehumidifier this week. I will update with some pics in the next week or so, very busy!

Bump for updates on this thread...Especially you with this set up, Undergrad!
I too have a 24K BTU mini split, but 6x1K lights in flower, T5's in veg. and am looking at the CHHC-4....Wondering if you're using that Sentinel controller for the Mini Split as well?? OR if you have the A/C being controlled solo, by it's own thermostat....I can see using the CHHC-4 for the CO2 and Dehuy, but what else can it control....What's the limit on amps with that??

My mini split needs 240v so the CHHC-4 will not run it. I think the power restriction on it is 15 amps. I control the mini split with its own internal thermostat. I currently run the dehuy, co2 burner, and fan 9in the cooling/heating socket) on the CHHC-4.
I do not use a digital controller to set separate day/night temps on the mini split. In my location with my lights on i can just set it to 60 degrees, which maintains 80's with lights on, and drops it to 60 with lights off.

I have upgraded to 5 1k, and will add a 6th soon. I have removed the veg tent from the flower area so I will be able to utilize all 12x16x8 for flower. I have upgraded the nursery to T5, and the veg tent is still 2x 600 MH for the teenagers.
I will do my best to add some photos at some point. I have not deserted the sight, but as you can probably determine from my screen name I am in school full time. Along with this garden I have my hands full. The first run pulled almost 4 lbs of quality meds with a few lbs of popcorn/ trim to play with. I have taken up BHO production on a small scale lately as well. The next run of blueberry is vegging as we speak, and I have jack the ripper, super lemon haze, super skunk, and querkle re-vegged, and ready to clone, and re-flower from last run.
Let me know if I can help with anything, I have set up a pretty sweet system of tables with sump pump/hose/water wand feeding system that can double as cleanup which has saved me untold time, and physical effort which is priceless when the arthritis flares up.

My mini split needs 240v so the CHHC-4 will not run it. I think the power restriction on it is 15 amps. I control the mini split with its own internal thermostat. I currently run the dehuy, co2 burner, and fan 9in the cooling/heating socket) on the CHHC-4.
I do not use a digital controller to set separate day/night temps on the mini split. In my location with my lights on i can just set it to 60 degrees, which maintains 80's with lights on, and drops it to 60 with lights off.

I have upgraded to 5 1k, and will add a 6th soon. I have removed the veg tent from the flower area so I will be able to utilize all 12x16x8 for flower. I have upgraded the nursery to T5, and the veg tent is still 2x 600 MH for the teenagers.
I will do my best to add some photos at some point. I have not deserted the sight, but as you can probably determine from my screen name I am in school full time. Along with this garden I have my hands full. The first run pulled almost 4 lbs of quality meds with a few lbs of popcorn/ trim to play with. I have taken up BHO production on a small scale lately as well. The next run of blueberry is vegging as we speak, and I have jack the ripper, super lemon haze, super skunk, and querkle re-vegged, and ready to clone, and re-flower from last run.
Let me know if I can help with anything, I have set up a pretty sweet system of tables with sump pump/hose/water wand feeding system that can double as cleanup which has saved me untold time, and physical effort which is priceless when the arthritis flares up.

Very cool, Undergrad! I totally hear ya on being super busy...But that would be cool if you could share some pics. when you get a chance some time. I still need to do this myself!

My set up is similar being sealed and framed up inside of a garage(~15x14.5') It's split up into 2 rooms(veg./flower) with the flower room being about 8'+ wide and the veg.~6' wide...both being about ~15' long...The center divider wall is framed up with room for a pocket door to be installed. I plan on using some type of vents(fans) controlled by a humidistat through that center divider wall since the Mini Split is in the Flower room...So it's pretty interesting to see the similarities and differences to me.

Did I read that you're not venting the lights/hoods at all from the flower room? This is one of the differences if I'm correct here...I'll be venting the 6 lights(3 in parallel) that are inside sealed 8" Mag. XXXL hoods. You say your Split A/C does a decent job of being able to keep the room in the 80's though with out venting huh...Now you have me thinking!?!

So far I was going to vent the 2-3 rows of lights with a 10" multi-flow fan from Fantech that has variable speed and pulls 1,200+cfm's along with a booster fan in the long run to the vent hole in the top of the garage ceiling...Not sure whether or not to still put a small charcoal filter up there at the end of that exhaust run...I mean, the lights are supposed to be sealed...Maybe I will just fabricate some special tape around the glass and it's "seal" in the hoods.

I'm planning on using that CHHC-4 and I have that 2 ton mini split as well along with a CO2 gen. and almost a Dehuy....Figured I could use the CHHC-4 for at least those(co2/dehuy) and I'm still figuring on what else I can have it run with it but I really like it's CO2 green dig. read out and control along with the 'sniffer' it has....That 'sniffer' or what ever the term is for it, is detachable, right....Or is it connected by a cord to the box?

What type of dehuy are you using again...Any suggestions??...1 for both rooms or 2 dehuies, 1 in each room?? One of the things I'm trying to figure out is if I choose one that does have it's own humidistat and control because I wouldn't need it with the Sentinel CHHC-4 as you know. However, I thought I read somewhere that the dehuy needed to have an "Auto-Restart" feature in order to work well with the environment controller.
I had seen Ideal Air's 50 pint dehuy but the thing ran at around 600watts or so I believe and the other ones just went up from there...I still can't figure if that's normal power for a dehuy but I found a couple diff. models online from Home Depot from 50-70pints/24hours and with pumps/hoses for continuous run off. I'd like to be able to either hang it from the ceiling or on one of the walls.
Anyways, any help is appreciated man!! Oh, and if you get a chance between tests and writing your thesis, posts some pics. too! J/K take your time as school comes first!:peace:

Great setup my brother I'll be looking forward as well to more info on it and other's setups I'm trying to go CGE myself...Except I plan on building a dedicated building to the purpose nothing huge just something outside of the house because of company coming by unexpected (Wifes family)....So it is unwanted for the most part lol but seriously something around 8x10 or so...Already have everything except my CO2 bottle and the building itself...I was thinking about a DIY Window AC conv. to water chiller and running a DIY icebox and 2 6" inlines to cool it in the summer as it gets very hot here and running outside air only wouldn't do much good to cool the hoods...only 2 1k's for flower maybe throw in the extra 400w don't know yet...Do you think this would suffice?

I've been playing with the idea of just adding heat to my room to make my AC run enough to handle the humidity. Sometimes it seems thats all my dehuey does!

Back
Top Bottom